Neon AM95's on NDC

I still ask myself what ebay buyer do we have to blame for raising the price of the infrareds so much. They were in stores i think weeks after they releasedand now they go for 250+

Originally Posted by Will0827

I still ask myself what ebay buyer do we have to blame for raising the price of the infrareds so much. They were in stores i think months after they released and now they go for 250+
Fixed.

will, its real simple. unlike jordan and dunk and af1 genre wearers, people in other areas buy these shoes for their intended purpose and wear them THEN andthere. Months or years later, they are fighting for doubles.

with dunks and jordans, you have collectors who wont wear something and keep it DS for years. there is almost double the supply years later of these jordanretros. with am90s, you really had a general release that people bought and wore and beat up. Its essentially how we look at the jordan i through 4 originials.No one thought of hoarding their shoes for later resell. the reality is there are still some demographics in the shoe industry who buy and wear, and then the5-10 extra DS shoes that happen to be still available go for massive amounts of money.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

nt funny

no way in hell infrared 90>neon 95

other way around.

95's are better only in terms of comfort for me, and probably durability.
But I'd take multiples of Infrareds over Neons any time. That colorwayis just IT.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

will, its real simple. unlike jordan and dunk and af1 genre wearers, people in other areas buy these shoes for their intended purpose and wear them THEN and there. Months or years later, they are fighting for doubles.

with dunks and jordans, you have collectors who wont wear something and keep it DS for years. there is almost double the supply years later of these jordan retros. with am90s, you really had a general release that people bought and wore and beat up. Its essentially how we look at the jordan i through 4 originials. No one thought of hoarding their shoes for later resell. the reality is there are still some demographics in the shoe industry who buy and wear, and then the 5-10 extra DS shoes that happen to be still available go for massive amounts of money.

I agree 100%. I've been saying for years now that the GR stuff will be the most sought after stuff in years to come. Doesn't seem like it at thetime, since you see everything sitting on the shelves for months/years/whatever, and figure, 'eh, I'll wait 'til next F&F and pick it up'..the day never comes, it's gone when you finally get off yer +%$# and go pick it up, and years later the price is double or triple what the retail was yearsago.
B

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

nt funny

no way in hell infrared 90>neon 95

other way around.

indifferent.gif

So...
Any word if these will hit stores?

Thanks for the input guys, damn now im gonna have to start scooping up as much GR stuff as i can incase in the future i run into an economic crisis.

hahaha i find it funny that you guys are going crazy over these neon 95's. sure i really like this color combo , just like everyone else however why hoardthem? not like nike wont re-release them. case in point the AM id was supposed to be for a short time, now what has it been 2-3 years now? and they are stillleting you ID AM's. as long as their is $$ to be made they will keep making them. They wont over saturate the market, but it will re-release. Just like theinfrared 90's. they will be out again and a few years later out again and again, etc.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Originally Posted by yeerp

this is annoying.

i still have my DS size 11.5 HOA pair that is too small

do these look like the HOAs?
they aren't even on the site any more

That's what I've been asking. I'm pretty sure based on the AM95s, all of them have that wierdo shmucker wucker bubble.

wow

shmucker wucker. okay.

i just want a size 12. i'm sick of looking at this 11.5 in my closet

i need swoosh to act right and not drop shoes while people are in class or at work

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Whats the going price on a deadstock pair of these that was released in 2003 ?
Really depends on the size. Solestop.com has had a couple of the smaller sizes for sale since last summer @ $199. They got a shipment of the JD 04Euro Release (same as the 03 US release) last summer. They had multiples FSRs. The larger shoes went for around $199-$225.
wink.gif

BTW that was a very nice release. Getting away from the typical air unit talk, the inside collar is much better than HOA or the '01 retro. I like thatmesh stuff much better than the rat fur. It looks like this '08 release has the more mesh-like material as well. However, you can't beat the OG neoncolor which was last retro'd in 2001.
pimp.gif

when the HOAs came out the 95 neons were the only ones gone in a week. The am97s actually got marked down to 99.00 in footlockers etc were around foever, theam1s did also, am90 were around for a gooooooood while. also the am 180 tanked. Infrared is a nice colorway but how does that beat out neon 95 which is anotherhot cw and 95 looks better overall compared to am 90 in design.

sorry for the rant.

Those price estimates sound about right (~$200). But we may see economics 101 happen before our eyes next week if a bunch of NTers turn reseller and these popon eBay en masse and the price is temporarily depressed.

Originally Posted by fersnash

BTW that was a very nice release. Getting away from the typical air unit talk, the inside collar is much better than HOA or the '01 retro. I like that mesh stuff much better than the rat fur. It looks like this '08 release has the more mesh-like material as well. However, you can't beat the OG neon color which was last retro'd in 2001.
pimp.gif

roll.gif

I wish the neon on the '03/'04 neon 95'slooked closer to being neon green (like this emoticon
alien.gif
) since I have a fitted that would have matched those better.

Originally Posted by fersnash

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Whats the going price on a deadstock pair of these that was released in 2003 ?
Really depends on the size. Solestop.com has had a couple of the smaller sizes for sale since last summer @ $199. They got a shipment of the JD 04 Euro Release (same as the 03 US release) last summer. They had multiples FSRs. The larger shoes went for around $199-$225.
wink.gif

BTW that was a very nice release. Getting away from the typical air unit talk, the inside collar is much better than HOA or the '01 retro. I like that mesh stuff much better than the rat fur. It looks like this '08 release has the more mesh-like material as well. However, you can't beat the OG neon color which was last retro'd in 2001.
pimp.gif

Its a size 9 and thanks for your answer.

Damn I wish I was on the site yesterday... So damn mad I had to study .. I hate school ..
roll.gif

Don't be surprised to see the HOA's in stores again, its going on 4 years since the last retro.

Thing that baffles me about the Infrared 90s was they were in tons of outlets too...goddamn me for continually skipping out on those.

I think thats it I cant load the page the neon's were on. Everyone is on point about the 4-5 year retro cycle. Hopefully we can get these in state sideaccounts soon. So here is another question for NT if a shoe sits on a clearance rack for so long and you sleep on it time and time again, do you really likethe shoe or the hype around it?

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

I think thats it I cant load the page the neon's were on. Everyone is on point about the 4-5 year retro cycle. Hopefully we can get these in state side accounts soon. So here is another question for NT if a shoe sits on a clearance rack for so long and you sleep on it time and time again, do you really like the shoe or the hype around it?
Yup. Page wont load for me anymore either. I really cant believe I missed these after checking that page 5 times a day at least for a month and ahalf.

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

I think thats it I cant load the page the neon's were on. Everyone is on point about the 4-5 year retro cycle. Hopefully we can get these in state side accounts soon. So here is another question for NT if a shoe sits on a clearance rack for so long and you sleep on it time and time again, do you really like the shoe or the hype around it?

I love the infrared color. Period. Basically anything done in a infrared will be copped for me.

Although they were on the sales racks, I missed out because I didn't have money or need a new pair at the time. Never in my wildest imagination did Iexpect them to be selling for what they do. I figured, oh well can't afford now, when I graduate I'll pick up a pair. Not for what they're askingfor.

Back
Top Bottom