Neon AM95's on NDC

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Got my confirmation email and they will arrive Tuesday. These along with 3 other packages I'm expecting on Tuesday as well as coppin GTAIV makes for an incredible Tuesday
pimp.gif

I am looking forward to Tues. as well. GTA IV, 2 pairs of Nike iDs, some 95s that prob won't fit, and it is the day of my last law school final.
You lucky on being your last law school final.... Mine isnt until Friday. Where you go? I go to University of Dayton.

Originally Posted by fersnash

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by JMKickz

This is getting out of hand. I saw this post when it was still on page 1 and Ive checked back periodically and its always sold out.... so for those who are pissed you missed out, dont be... cause chances are you wouldnt of gotten a pair. You can also thank all the folks that bought them out to resell.

Personally, I have a HOA in a 13 DS, cause theyve got nothing on my 03 retros

only real difference is the size in the air bubbles correct? anyways im gonna post comparison pics this week. I got 03 neon retros coming in the mail along with these 08 ndc neon 95s an I have HOA neon 95s already.
folks exaggerate the differences too much.

No they don't exaggerate. I have the 01/02, 03/04, and now the 08 ones ( should be here mon or tues), I just sold the HOA and I had a pair of the IDs. I will post comparison pics. Here is a great webpage that compares 01/02 and 03/04:

http://www.rareairshoes.com/Running/Running Pages/Air_Max_95_Retro_Grey_Green_2002_V_2004.htm

The big thing to notice since the first retro'd - air unit keeps getting smaller, neon color is getting more "yellow", the gradient bottom layer keeps getting darker and the gradient material keeps getting stiffer feeling.

The big thing for me is the air unit. In the older retros it is actually busting out of the midsole. On the new ones you can look down (esp in the back) and not see the air unit sticking out from the shoes at all. That HOA of air shoe (like all the HOA shoes) felt bulky and clumsy. Plus the material had really slipped. I hope the 08 feel better.

I do believe these are the same as JDSports. They are the same product number. Plus the gradient color looks the same. It wouldn't be very efficient from a purchasing or manufacturing set-up for Nike to change the materials for the shoes between JD & US QS.
Here you go. I did this a couple of weeks ago.
happy.gif

04 on the left and 02 on the right

02 on the left and 04 on the right

The 02s have a slightly bigger air unit than the 04's. The 02s feel more comfortable. 04's are more yellow. I love them both though.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by El Bro

Originally Posted by fersnash

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by JMKickz

This is getting out of hand. I saw this post when it was still on page 1 and Ive checked back periodically and its always sold out.... so for those who are pissed you missed out, dont be... cause chances are you wouldnt of gotten a pair. You can also thank all the folks that bought them out to resell.

Personally, I have a HOA in a 13 DS, cause theyve got nothing on my 03 retros

only real difference is the size in the air bubbles correct? anyways im gonna post comparison pics this week. I got 03 neon retros coming in the mail along with these 08 ndc neon 95s an I have HOA neon 95s already.
folks exaggerate the differences too much.

No they don't exaggerate. I have the 01/02, 03/04, and now the 08 ones ( should be here mon or tues), I just sold the HOA and I had a pair of the IDs. I will post comparison pics. Here is a great webpage that compares 01/02 and 03/04:

http://www.rareairshoes.com/Running/Running Pages/Air_Max_95_Retro_Grey_Green_2002_V_2004.htm

The big thing to notice since the first retro'd - air unit keeps getting smaller, neon color is getting more "yellow", the gradient bottom layer keeps getting darker and the gradient material keeps getting stiffer feeling.

The big thing for me is the air unit. In the older retros it is actually busting out of the midsole. On the new ones you can look down (esp in the back) and not see the air unit sticking out from the shoes at all. That HOA of air shoe (like all the HOA shoes) felt bulky and clumsy. Plus the material had really slipped. I hope the 08 feel better.

I do believe these are the same as JDSports. They are the same product number. Plus the gradient color looks the same. It wouldn't be very efficient from a purchasing or manufacturing set-up for Nike to change the materials for the shoes between JD & US QS.
Here you go. I did this a couple of weeks ago.
happy.gif

The 02s have a slightly bigger air unit than the 04's. The 02s feel more comfortable. 04's are more yellow. I love them both though.
happy.gif

El Bro - You're the man! Finally come comparison pics (although someone else on here did it a few pages back too, so props to that poster). I was gonnaask if someone had a comparison of this. But it's great to see the differences in gradual change. Both ARE great, but I actually like the more yellowcolor. Looks exactly like my yellow highlighter I use at work!

NOW....... if someone has the OG 95's, 02, 04, HOA, and now 08, and can compare all 5 side by side, that would call for a sticky'ed topic!

I needa see what these 08s look like, but yes those 02 and 04s look better than the HOA for sure. Also I do notice a slight difference in the air unit on the02s.............(i want those now)
I cant wait to get mine in, seriously when the HOA 95s came out I was smh at the bubbles but I still couldnt pass them up. They were my first neons at thetime. C'mon NIKE why you do that?

The retro editions were released in 1999, 2002 (above), 2003 (released in the UK) and most recently in 2004, which was released around the world, which included the USA (above). Regardless of the year it has been released, it always sells out and demand exceeds the supply.
Is there any difference between what I underlined? I keep sayin 03 so I might have 04s ill have to see. I like how the 02s gotthe neon nike air insole also.......03/04s are white and the HOA have the neon insole also but with the air max time line which is cool also.

These neons were also made in 99 for sure, and 97.

So its 95, 97, 99, 02, 04, 05, 08.

I also saw a pair on ebay from a legit sell, with the tags reading 2005 with the old air units. Im not sure if they were legit. Here is the link. It is a buyit now, so there are no bids. Are these legit. I didnt know they made them in 05 with the old air units.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nike-Air-Max-95...ryZ63850QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is a pair of JD Sports 08's I found on ebay. Not my pics. I believe he is on NT.

These neons were also made in 99 for sure, and 97.

So its 95, 97, 99, 02, 04, 05, 08.

I also saw a pair on ebay from a legit sell, with the tags reading 2005 with the old air units. Im not sure if they were legit. Here is the link. It is a buy it now, so there are no bids. Are these legit. I didnt know they made them in 05 with the old air units.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nike-Air-Max-95...ryZ63850QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is a pair of JD Sports 08's I found on ebay. Not my pics. I believe he is on NT.

You are correct they retro'd the first time in 97 & again in 99. I use to have the OG 95 from when I was in HS but they were 11.5. Even afterremoving the sockliner they were too painful to wear. The last straw before tossing them in college was when the air unit burst. Unfortunately I never tookany pictures. I replaced them a couple years later with the 03 retros.

Those shoes with the large air units from 2005 are the same style/model number as the 03/04 release & now the 08 release. The 05 release with the largerunit is actually the exact same shoes as the 03/04 release. I believe it was an exclusive release in EU (maybe just JDSports). These are the ones thatSolestop.com sold last year on eBay. They still have a 7.5 & 8 left. See there website - solestop.com for detailed pics.

The Varsity Red AM95 released in early 2005 and had the larger air unit, so there were some Air Max 95 that released in 2005 with large air units. The HOArelease was the first that I know of that had the new, environmentally friendly air unit (smaller).

There was a great post a while back of a business week article that talked about the ozone depleting gas that Nike had used in the old style air units (larger,seemed) being replaced after much R&D by a Nitrogen based air unit (smaller, smooth).

Great pics El bro, you saved me the work.

I could post some pics later this week when I get my 08s in the mail, but I sold the HOA pair last week so there will be a gap in my picture timeline.

Maybe when I get home I will toss up a picture comparin the 07 & 05 varsity red retros - they are essentailly the same except for the air unit. No changeto the gradient or red color.

i just noticed suttin, Im wearin the HOA 95s right now. On the 08s the tounge..............air has a grey background and max has a black background for thesplits. On the HOA 95s the air background is black and the max has the grey background. So just flip the colors on the tounge

damn im happy this week.....even tho its a disgusting rainy day in NYC....i got my shipping confirmation, GTA IV reservation, all i need now is for theauctions im watching to end in my favor and for my NikeID order to be shipped.....i can't stress enough how much NT came through with the neons....i'vebeen looking for a pair for months now since i got my neon AM Lights....i'll admit that i still want a pair of the 02 retro because of the neon"green" but the neon yellow is just as sexy
pimp.gif

the neon green from 02 is so pff but i'm still happy with the 08, now if only i could find a sz 13 from 02

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Got my confirmation email and they will arrive Tuesday. These along with 3 other packages I'm expecting on Tuesday as well as coppin GTAIV makes for an incredible Tuesday
pimp.gif

I am looking forward to Tues. as well. GTA IV, 2 pairs of Nike iDs, some 95s that prob won't fit, and it is the day of my last law school final.
You lucky on being your last law school final.... Mine isnt until Friday. Where you go? I go to University of Dayton.

Baylor Law School.

Those are not JD sports. They may be the same shoe (I don't think they are) but he got those from ndc as he posted in this thread. Not to mention,the ones from JDsports' website were only available in full sizes and these are a 10.5

Originally Posted by Jordanforever08

comfort, they fit alot better then there previous models..just my feelings,,,

so thats a plus right? you're saying that they dont feel like you're walking on bricks?

thanks for the pics Jordanforever08............they look just like HOAs. o well i needa fresh pair its all good.

Back
Top Bottom