NFL Conference Championship In Review....

Has Peyton Manning ever won a road playoff game? Srs question.

Victor Cruz and all that Uptown Latina ++%+% probably getting thrown his way
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Did Michael Crabtree forget there was a game yesterday?
Supreme bum status.

I thought that bum was injured at first at how ghost he was. Then I saw him on the sidelines and
eek.gif

That 49ers defense is nasty

Eli will win this SB but relax with that Eli > Peyton talk

Flacco was balling out there. I seriously thought he was going to be the one to choke it for them with multiple picks.

You think Harbaugh was gonna call a timeout and hear it from the media about icing his own kicker?

Feel sorry for that Ravens defense but this was the easiest run to the SB they would ever have (No Steelers or Indy) & they ruined it. Even Brady admitted he played turrrrrible out there
laugh.gif
eek.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Lee Evans drop is way larger than the missed FG. As far as I'm concerned, you can't blame the K for a loss at the last second when you had 59 minutes to not put yourself in that position. I'm a Ravens fan, but damn man, you gotta make that catch! I would have made that catch, and I'm 30-years old and fat.

Also it seemed as if the Ravens were rushing that kick. Why would you rush that kick when you have a timeout in your pocket?!?! Call your timeour, get everyone settled, and kick the FG. I don't understand, but what do I know...I'm just some guy.

Patriots did just enough to win the game, so congrats to them. Christmas came 3 weeks late

I dislike the Patriots but not as much as I hate ALL teams from New York. So If I had to pick, the Patriots are the lesser of two evils.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Has Peyton Manning ever won a road playoff game? Srs question.

Victor Cruz and all that Uptown Latina ++%+% probably getting thrown his way
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif

@ Baltimore in '07

speaking of Bmore.... damn.
tired.gif

psk2310 wrote:
  • The Baltimore ratbirds can't hang with the big boys. Never could, never will as long as ray ray is on that squad. Scavenger birds can't fend for themselves. They have to rely on others to eat.

4t9gcm.gif

They were a dropped pass from being in the super bowl. Man shut your dumb %!$ up.

all the 4th quarter comebacks, the ups and downs, the tough road to get to this point.

Amazing considering the weather conditions, Eli had 58 attempts and 0 turnovers, threw a lot of darts (play of the game was that 3rd and 15 down 4, what a bullet).....but the guy can't play even with sunshine out there
laugh.gif

Brady looked awful yesterday and the Ravens out-rushed then, Flacco outplayed Brady, more passing yards, better defensive effort, won turnover battle........but you HAVE TO GRAB AND SECURE that ball in the end zone with all that is on the line.

Brady looked rattled out there and I don't even think this Pats team is as good as the 07' team (not by a long shot defensively either), GMen play their game they can have 2 chips in 4 years man
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

psk2310 wrote:
  • The Baltimore ratbirds can't hang with the big boys. Never could, never will as long as ray ray is on that squad. Scavenger birds can't fend for themselves. They have to rely on others to eat.

They were a dropped pass from being in the super bowl. Man shut your dumb %!$ up.

No, that D lost them the game. Aside from that lone sack on Brady, that d-line was nonexistent. They also let those no name RBs rip runs most of the day...Also, try being civil dude.

civility [sɪˈvɪlɪtɪ]
n pl -ties
1. politeness or courtesy, esp when formal

2. (often plural) an act of politeness

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Deuce King

heard Brady is 16-5 in the playoffs...tied for most wins w. Joe Montana.  He gets this ring, and you can easily make the case for him being the GOAT

LOL.  Last year you said something similar to the effect regarding Ben Roethlisberger had he gotten his 3rd ring last year, now this year you hit us with this garbage.  You gotta do better than this champ.  
Didn't realize that if Big Ben had won his 3rd ring, he wouldn't have been in elite company.  Carry on. 

Please explain to me how Brady can't be considered the GOAT if he wins his 4th ring?  I'd LOVE to hear this explanation from you.  Seriously. 

Big Ben is a solid quarteback but the term "Ben Roethlisberger and elite (by definition)" do not and should not be in the same sentence.  You said "you can easily make the case for him being the GOAT" with the key words that jumped out to me being "easily" and "GOAT".  Brady is a great QB, no doubt about that.  However, before he even jumps up to or even attempts to overtake Joe Montana for GOAT he CURRENTLY he hasn't even passed John Elway IMO.  Just like I and others told you last year champ regarding that premature GOAT thread for Big Ben it's not all about rings for GOAT talk.  If that were the case we would have Terry Bradshaw's name mentioned among the GOAT QB talk more than we do Dan Marino but we see that's not the case now is it??

Deuce, I remember the Ben talk last year but how crazy did people get? People weren't suggesting any greatest titles for him..were they? 

The Ben talk last year wasn't really crazy by a bunch of people, it was just more so DoubleJ's and a particular thread he made regarding him possibly winning his 3rd ring before the Super Bowl last year.  Luckily that fire got put out and fast by me and a few others before it became a three alarm blaze.

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

psk2310 wrote:

Are they in the superbowl? No. They fold every year in big games when it matters.
Sit down like your team sitting at home watching the Superbowl. Again.

4k8ghh.gif

- baltimore for some reason is like kryptonite for tom brady...even though he is 7-1 (i think) against them. he just always struggles. even in those struggles, he does just enough to put the team in a position to win. i would expect him to really let that performance burn and get him fired up for the big one in two weeks.
- our defense played great, BUT, still made flacco look more than capable. everyone keeps talking about an evans drop. how about some credit to this dude moore who knocked the ball loose? sharp play on his part after getting beat. it'll take an even stronger effort from our defense if we're going to beat the giants.
- gronk's ankle
- red zone play calling was awful. too conservative, and for a reason, but it's gotta be better. and !%! was up with the wheel route obsession yesterday. we don't have the speed to run wheel routes.

- alex smith has moments of brilliance...but man. sometimes it's just like, what the fudge are you doing.
- SF play calling on offense had me baffled, in a bad way
- this dude williams on SF, feel for the kid. can't believe ted ginn's absence would be THAT big an issue
laugh.gif

- giants defense, that pass rush makes me shudder. hopefully we plan for it this time around.

you really have the two hottest teams in football meeting up indy now. the pats have ripped off 10 straight wins. the giants have got some HUGE wins in recent weeks and are getting a lot of great breaks that hot teams get. it's not a knock on them, championship teams need breaks like that to win. we definitely got our breaks yesterday too. should be a great game.

-Ravens window has also closed. One time Frank Sinatra came in here and sat down on this chair. I said frank, you always hanging out with Ray Lewis. Just between me and you how old is he? You know what Frank said? Ray Lewis is 137 yeas old. 137 years old...
laugh.gif
One of Shoes' few good lines

Peyton Manning bowl. 
pimp.gif

Best matchup we could ask for outside of Brady/Rodgers. 

First time EVER that 2 Super Bowl MVP's will square off at QB.  (that should be that have already won MVP, Favre and Elway met, but Elway didn't win MVP til the next year, and Manning/Brees met, but Brees didn't already have one)  This is the first. 

Lee Evans couldn't get that as a catch otherwise Calvin Johnson would have come and killed everybody at the park. 
laugh.gif
  "Completion of the process"  

That 9er D is somethin serious. 
eek.gif
  They could be real nice next year with some new receivers. 

Wilfork. 
pimp.gif
  Big boy was EATING. 

Cruz. 
smokin.gif

Me thinks Julian Edelman won't have as much luck without Joe Flacco, call me crazy.  Bill better have a miracle for Eli. 

Gronk's ankle. 
sick.gif

Ray Lewis hit on Brady's back for no real reason. 
nerd.gif

League GOT to do something about these forward progress fumbles/whistles.  Good Lord. 

Ed Hoculi:  We are going to Overtime.  The reason is the clock has expired in the 4th quarter, so we will play extra time in a quarter that we like to call overtime.  We call it that because it is more time than what the game should be, hence the over, and time being time, so we still use time.  Now, the invention of that goes back to the 50's when somebody, I don't know who, said it would be cool to have a period of time, after regular time, so he chose over, hence, overtime.  Overtime will be 15 minutes, unless a team scores, if they score a fg, the other team will have a chance to kick a fg too, or a td, but if the team scores a td first, the game is over.  If no one scores after overtime, we will go to double overtime, they call it double overtime because........

Dude, really?  What the hell happened to biceps?  Dude was breakin down meaning of flags, false starts, big @#$ words, legalese, what the @#$% 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
  Dude was gettin paid by the word or somethin out there.  I hope like hell he's in the super bowl. 
laugh.gif

Terry B is definitely an elite big game QB. Elite overall? Eh depends on your definition but I'd say no. Maybe Eli has a little Terry in him

I'll never be closer to a SB site than this year, too bad I really have no reason to go. If Pitt played I would've had tickets too

Alex Smith completed 1 completion to a WR through 3 quarters last night. 

Niners should have suited up JJ Stokes and Tai Streets at halftime.

VD gets triple coverage every snap and Crabtree still can't get loose?

Alex Smith relapsed back to '05-'10 in that horrendous 3 & out with like 1+ mins left in the game.

See yall in Indy. It's 10 bucks to ride the zipline thru SB village.

Giants
Another solid game, weather and Niner defense was hard to overcome.
Eli is playing unreal right now, still can't believe it
Our defense is solid, we didn't stop a powerful offense but there were two plays that I was completely speechless for. Rolle getting burned by Davis, I don't know what he was doing. Kenny Phillips running to the line to press no one and leaving the back field WIDE open.
Running game was ok, overall not our best performance in the playoffs this year. Eli didn't have time in the second half.

49ers
Reason the Niners were even in that game was because of that defense's pressure in the 4th quarter, just wouldn't quit. They carried them
Alex Smith looked like the usual Alex Smith
Kyle Williams killed it with that fumble but even if he didn't fumble, what are the chance of Alex driving the ball down the field? Could have thrown a pick 6 or a game winning TD but they couldn't move the ball.
Gore had a better game than I expected.
0-12 on third down conversions, didn't convert until the last play of regulation.
WAITING to see someone talk about Carlos Rogers getting cooked the whole game
First catch by a WR was with 3 or 4 minutes left in the game?!?!

Ravens
This game was sad, not a Ravens fan and I was hurt how this game ended.
Defense was solid, didn't have mad sacks but Brady wasn't comfortable and had thrown some picks.
Flacco had a good game
Boldin had a good game
They need some receivers
Evans catch is just not sitting well with me
Sucks that Cundiff was placed in that position.

Patriots
Always getting it done somehow
weak defense
TEs are a problem
Brady played a bad game

I'm always scared to play BB and TB but overall, two strong offenses and our defense is far superior so hopefully we ball out and win another one.

We were so close.

I'm convinced sports gods hate me.

I'll never see one of my teams win a title..

Boston fans....spoiled like no other man... SMH YEA IM JEALOUS

I wish I took a screen shot of my TV when the Niners were huddled up in either the late 3rd or early 4th where Crabtree was standing next to Delanie Walker, who was covered in mud, with a pristine uniform.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

LOL.  Last year you said something similar to the effect regarding Ben Roethlisberger had he gotten his 3rd ring last year, now this year you hit us with this garbage.  You gotta do better than this champ.  
Didn't realize that if Big Ben had won his 3rd ring, he wouldn't have been in elite company.  Carry on. 

Please explain to me how Brady can't be considered the GOAT if he wins his 4th ring?  I'd LOVE to hear this explanation from you.  Seriously. 

Big Ben is a solid quarteback but the term "Ben Roethlisberger and elite (by definition)" do not and should not be in the same sentence.  You said "you can easily make the case for him being the GOAT" with the key words that jumped out to me being "easily" and "GOAT".  Brady is a great QB, no doubt about that.  However, before he even jumps up to or even attempts to overtake Joe Montana for GOAT he CURRENTLY he hasn't even passed John Elway IMO.  Just like I and others told you last year champ regarding that premature GOAT thread for Big Ben it's not all about rings for GOAT talk.  If that were the case we would have Terry Bradshaw's name mentioned among the GOAT QB talk more than we do Dan Marino but we see that's not the case now is it??

Deuce, I remember the Ben talk last year but how crazy did people get? People weren't suggesting any greatest titles for him..were they? 

The Ben talk last year wasn't really crazy by a bunch of people, it was just more so DoubleJ's and a particular thread he made regarding him possibly winning his 3rd ring before the Super Bowl last year.  Luckily that fire got put out and fast by me and a few others before it became a three alarm blaze.

laugh.gif
let's pump the brakes on this Tonka fire truck you're the captain of. 

In some regards it's NOT about rings.  You have outliers or anomalies like Dan Marino who's regular season stats put him amongst the greats when discussing the best QBs to play in the NFL.  However, at the end of the day...people DO look at rings.  %+%#, I can even recall you using rings as a point in your argument when discussing Rice vs. Moss.  It DOES matter (and it also seems like you pick/choose when that "rings" argument is applicable).  

That being said, even if you take away Brady's Super Bowl championships, his regular season stats to date 300/115, are INSANE.  Also consider the fact that he probably has another good 4-5 years left in him.  He COULD end up in the top-3...possibly #2 behind Favre with TD passes when it's all said and done.  Meaning, he will most likely pass Marino along the way.  Couple that, along with his rings...then yea.  He's in the argument for being the best QB to ever play in the NFL. 

I know you hold the 49ers/Montana dear to your heart....and trust me..I've seen the Brady/NE slander from you over the past couple of years.  I know this is painful for you to watch or even to admit that you are witnessing greatness.  But you are...so:

1-13 on third downs for SF and two turnovers by Williams tell everyone all you need to know regarding this game. Even though Eli played great, SF had the defense needed to win. Just inept on offense and two crucial mistakes by Williams and they lose.

Back
Top Bottom