NFL Conference Championship In Review....

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by 1NyceBalla

I really dont see how anybody can say that Eli is better than Peyton even if he does win the SB...Ya'll must have forgotten how good Peyton is...Didn't you see how his team did without him this year. This man was single handedly carrying his team. Not to mention Peyton's stats are better than Eli's. But I forgot QB's are judge by the rings they win...like they can do it all by themselves. It's a damn team effort. Eli wouldn't even have a ring if it wasn't for that 07 Giants defense.

All of this. Some people on here have real short memories.
no one remembers that pass rush that brady on his $@# all game...all everyone talks about is the throw to a WIDE open plax
laugh.gif

If Eli wins another SB all that would tell me is that the Giants are a better run organization that the Colts.

Eli's postseason resume may look better than Peyton's but for years the Colts overall success depended on one guy.

The 49ers lost the game last night, the Giants didnt win it. Thats what makes it so heartbreaking.

laugh.gif
at Eli being better than Peyton.

I brought that up since you wanted to discredit his SB wins.

In regards to those Super Bowl wins, and everything that came along with that once again it is what it is.  Wish we could know the full story behind certain things, but certain information has been erased unfortunately.  Either way whether Brady wins in 2 weeks or doesn't, he still won't be ahead of Montana for GOAT and there will be no case to be made as you so poorly sugguested. 

I see I'm clearly dealing with someone who benefitted from the no child left behind act.

Your the same clown that asked where would Ben Roethlisberger be ranked among the greatest QB's if he got a 3rd Super Bowl ring last year.  The nerve of a @*%@! like you.........the nerve.

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by 1NyceBalla

I really dont see how anybody can say that Eli is better than Peyton even if he does win the SB...Ya'll must have forgotten how good Peyton is...Didn't you see how his team did without him this year. This man was single handedly carrying his team. Not to mention Peyton's stats are better than Eli's. But I forgot QB's are judge by the rings they win...like they can do it all by themselves. It's a damn team effort. Eli wouldn't even have a ring if it wasn't for that 07 Giants defense.

All of this. Some people on here have real short memories.

1325315829-Dan_Marino.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]you're right.[/color]

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Not saying he didn't play well yesterday but Eli a few many balls that should have been picked without a doubt.
Out of those 58 pass attempts he threw two bad passes......two.
Not like it wasn't awful conditions out there, heavy soaked football, against a a top 49ers defense on the road, got hit 20 times brutally.....yet he still threw darts out there.

But lets just disregard that and point out the negatives.

The 49ers lost the game last night, the Giants didnt win it. 

Stop it.

Eli is my dude but as far as I'm concerned Peyton Manning is still the prototype. But let no man ever again doubt whether Eli is an elite QB or not.

i felt bad for ravens fans . i picked them to win superbowl at beginning of year but wanted to see brady win that game
ravens should have had it and if theyre gonna lose, at least lose in OT
kicker has to make that kick..HAS TO

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by mrarmageddon

The only times NY crossed the 50 after halftime yesterday was on the two punt fumbles. They're gettin' some of that Tebow luck lately.
is this true? did not know this.

Yup, not once did the Giants cross the 50 in the second half (except for the punt recovery). The SF Niners were incredibly resilient...but we came through when the opportunity was to be seized.

We all know football is the utmost in the 'team' game, but the QB always gets the most credit...and most blame. Eli was absolutely dumped on in his entire career for his INTs, but he took an absolute beating the pocket yesterday and came through when it mattered. That TD to Manningham on 3rd and 15 was the perfect representation of how clutch Eli's been. Eli Manning is the leader of this team and his confidence, poise, and focus trickles down to all the other players on that field.

I don't care about his 'elite' status or qualifications thereafter. The fact is, we have a Superbowl win and are headed to another one with Eli at the helm, and he played like a damn G in 2011. I can't recall a single play in which I questioned his actions. I couldn't give two damns about 'elite' status, win or lose XLVI.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I brought that up since you wanted to discredit his SB wins.

In regards to those Super Bowl wins, and everything that came along with that once again it is what it is.  Wish we could know the full story behind certain things, but certain information has been erased unfortunately.  Either way whether Brady wins in 2 weeks or doesn't, he still won't be ahead of Montana for GOAT and there will be no case to be made as you so poorly sugguested. 

You keep saying this but not giving any actual factual support behind the argument.

If Brady wins in two weeks one could easily make the argument for him being the GOAT.  Just like you could for Montana.  Brady will have as many rings as Montana and be statistically superior with a few years to add to his resume.  Your rallying against this argument but you haven't made a single point about why Montana is still ahead of Brady.

OP's a clown, but everybody already knows that.

- Can't blame the Ravens loss on Flacco this time. Sure, there were times Flacco should have ran out the pocket when he didn't, but
that loss is on Lee Evans and Cundiff. Another thing, for anybody who says otherwise, that WASN'T a catch, clearly it wasn't. The ball
was being punched out of Evans' hands before his other foot got down. Skip Bayless is an idiot for trying to troll his way to thinking
otherwise.

- Feel bad for Ray, Suggs, Reed, and even Flacco.

- I would be more behind the Pats if Chad was actually a factor on the team, and if Randy Moss was still there.

- Kyle Williams
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
. I don't even need to go any further. The clock struck 12 and Alex Smith turned into Alex Smith.

- Eli
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Proving people wrong. Wouldn't mind seeing him take another one.

I didn't think Alex was half bad yesterday. Receivers couldn't get open and he was running for his life.

Not good but not all bad either.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Stop it.

Not gonna back off my quote.  Tell me how I am wrong.

The Giants scored 20 points total, 10 off of fumbled punts by our backup punt returner.  2 4th quarter muffed punts resulting in half of your points scored, and it was NOT the 49ers giving the game away?  Ok Mez.

Without the gift wrapped 10 points, the Giants would be fishing today. 

Look, I give the Giants props for capitalizing on our mistakes.  But dont sit there and tell me that we didnt hand you guys the game. 

You keep saying this but not giving any actual factual support behind the argument.

One more time.............."In regards to those Super Bowl wins, and everything that came along with that once again it is what it is.  Wish we could know the full story behind certain things, but certain information has been erased unfortunately."

That being said Brady is still a great QB, I wouldn't take that away from him.

Originally Posted by dland24

Stop it.

Not gonna back off my quote.  Tell me how I am wrong.

The Giants scored 20 points total, 10 off of fumbled punts by our backup punt returner.  2 4th quarter muffed punts resulting in half of your points scored, and it was NOT the 49ers giving the game away?  Ok Mez.

Without the gift wrapped 10 points, the Giants would be fishing today. 

Look, I give the Giants props for capitalizing on our mistakes.  But dont sit there and tell me that we didnt hand you guys the game. 

Without the 10+ points the Saints gift wrapped. the Niners would of been fishing a week ago. Just saying

Joe Montana Career Superbowl Stats

Comp ATT  PCT  Yards  TDs Int  Rate   Results

83      122    68%  1,142  11    0   127.8   4-0

Tom Brady Career Superbowl Stats

Comp ATT  PCT  Yards   TDs  Int  Rate   Results

100    155   64%   1,001    7      1    95.4    3-1

Not bad Brady but you ain't Joe... Also, Joe won his rings with his arm. His Superbowl highlights show him slinging TD's not some kicker kicking FGs. I'm a Brady fan too.
smile.gif

You 49ers fans cry too much, all we heard was Eli won't do anything vs your top defense, ELI was going to be rattled........and the GMen defense played on their level like I thought they would.

Want to talk about gifts, the 49ers only scored on two blown coverage's on the only player the GMEN had to worry about. We don't care who your backup is, we have backups playing the CB position, do you hear any of us crying about those plays? Dude got a clean strip on special teams....the exact same thing your team did vs the Saints, was that gift wrapped as well?

Your team lost the game, and this game came down to QB play, and Alex Smith did absolutely nothing outside of those two plays....NOTHING. I respect your defense but stop, your team is not head and shoulders better than the GMEN right now, nor were they in the first game earlier this year.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by mrarmageddon

The only times NY crossed the 50 after halftime yesterday was on the two punt fumbles. They're gettin' some of that Tebow luck lately.
is this true? did not know this.

Yup, not once did the Giants cross the 50 in the second half (except for the punt recovery). The SF Giants was incredibly resilient...but he came through when the opportunity was to be seized.

We all know football is the utmost in the 'team' game, but the QB always gets the most credit...and most blame. Eli was absolutely dumped on in his entire career for his INTs, but he took an absolute beating the pocket yesterday and came through when it mattered. That TD to Manningham on 3rd and 15 was the perfect representation of how clutch Eli's been. Eli Manning is the leader of this team and his confidence, poise, and focus trickles down to all the other players on that field.

I don't care about his 'elite' status or qualifications thereafter. The fact is, we have a Superbowl win and are headed to another one with Eli at the helm, and he played like a damn G in 2011. I can't recall a single play in which I questioned his actions. I couldn't give two damns about 'elite' status, win or lose XLVI.

/discussion.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

The Giants forced the fumble, and the Giants recovered the touched punt. They did what ever other darn team would have done in that position. Again, it's clear that the Niners defense played outstanding in the second half, but the Giants made their own opportunities during those routine plays and came through when it mattered. Devin Thomas and the entire Giants special teams outplayed the Niners during those plays - and much of Special Teams performance is a direct result of coaching.

The Niners entire offense was the two TD passes to Vernon - they were just as much stalwarted as the Giants were. But you can win the game in three ways - the Giants just outplayed the Niners in one of those three methods.

You 49ers fans cry too much, all we heard was Eli won't do anything vs your top defense, ELI was going to be rattled........and the GMen defense played on their level like I thought they would.

Want to talk about gifts, the 49ers only scored on two blown coverage's on the only player the GMEN had to worry about. We don't care who your backup is, we have backups playing the CB position, do you hear any of us crying about those plays? Dude got a clean strip on special teams....the exact same thing your team did vs the Saints, was that gift wrapped as well?

Your team lost the game, and this game came down to QB play, and Alex Smith did absolutely nothing outside of those two plays....NOTHING. I respect your defense but stop, your team is not head and shoulders better than the GMEN right now, nor were they in the first game earlier this year.
Eli had 1 drive against the niners D where they marched down from their end of the field that resulted in a TD,  and took him 58 throws to top 300 yds.  Niners D didnt stop him but they did a great job limiting Eli and the giants offense.
And dont act like the niners TDs were fluky cause they werent, if they were the Giants TDs were fluky too.  Navarro missed assignment on Pascoe and Manningham on our 4th DB. 

You 49ers fans cry too much, all we heard was Eli won't do anything vs your top defense, ELI was going to be rattled........

Are you sure that was coming from a good portion of the 49ers fans or just 1 fan in particular??

3rd and 15 at the goal line is fluky now? They had the TE run a cross from left to right in the middle of the field which drew the safety over the top in slightly, and Manninghan took a slight slept left to create space, then caught a pass going to his right in a tight window....nothing fluky about that pass, that's what we've seen all season long.

Point is he doesn't want to give the Giants any credit like it was all the 49ers, take the L with class.

Giants won, 49ers lost.

Giants are in the Superbowl, 49ers are not.

The End.

Originally Posted by yAyToNyO

Joe Montana Career Superbowl Stats

Comp ATT  PCT  Yards  TDs Int  Rate   Results

83      122    68%  1,142  11    0   127.8   4-0

Tom Brady Career Superbowl Stats

Comp ATT  PCT  Yards   TDs  Int  Rate   Results

100    155   64%   1,001    7      1    95.4    3-1

Not bad Brady but you ain't Joe... Also, Joe won his rings with his arm. His Superbowl highlights show him slinging TD's not some kicker kicking FGs. I'm a Brady fan too.
smile.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

You 49ers fans cry too much, all we heard was Eli won't do anything vs your top defense, ELI was going to be rattled........

Are you sure that was coming from a good portion of the 49ers fans or just 1 fan in particular??
Not you Duece, you cool peoples.
Just reading around in general, especially on espn with the live comments I've been seeing, the word "gift wrap" and "fluke" been floating around too much, its like people have never watched an intense defensive football game before.

Back
Top Bottom