NFL Conference Championship In Review....

Folks are quick to disregard Eli as better than Peyton because for one Peyton's been doing it for 13 years compared to Eli's 8. Peyton also calls the offense and audibles at the line from what he sees initially with 17 seconds left on the play clock. It's also been pretty much all Peyton in Indy and this year is showed. They've had zero ground game since Edgerrin left and were still able to be SB contenders every year. If it was all Eli like it is all Peyton then people would be more accepting. To me Eli's not too far behind but Peyton is still better.

Originally Posted by S4L3

You know sometimes I wonder if I'm wasting my talents on this message board...

-Told ya'll it would be a Giants/Pats Super Bowl.

Quotes of the Week...
-"Your screenname is VALUELESS. His screenname has value. You could lose your screenname and be right back the next day, no one would know or care and it wouldn't matter. Mez loses his screenname and it goes down in S&T history"-One of the most clownish statements ever typed on this board...
Since when is being a bozo qualify as talent? You've hated on the GMen for years and now you want to claim some sort of victory in calling a GMen win? Seems to me your only talent is hoppin from one **** to the next. But I digress, clowns gonna clown. And of course a SN has no value to you, you have no worth to this board other than giving us all someone to point a finger at and laugh. Poppin up with another version of your name after you've been taken out with the rest of the trash is part of your clown act. But it's all good though, I enjoy watching you squirm. The Cowboys will be fine
pimp.gif

-Anyways, its been a great run for the Gmen. Looking forward to another opportunity to take their hearts from them. I'm completely convinced that if the Patriots were an NFC team they wouldn't even sniff the Super Bowl. Might not even make the playoffs.

-I feel bad for the Ravens kicker but he is definitely not the only one to blame. Flacco should have went for the easy first down on that 3 and 1. And Evans should have secured that TD
30t6p3b.gif

-Alex Smith definitely shrank in the moment. I don't think he believed he could take the ball down the field against us. One pass to a WR in 3 quarters!? Is this real life? Had the GMen played tighter coverage on VD from jump this game isn't even close.

-Flacco is a good QB but he is still in the same category as Romo and Sanchez to me. Just not good enough.

-Ray Lewis is a sports icon. His mentality and approach are something to be marveled amongst all athletes.

The only times NY crossed the 50 after halftime yesterday was on the two punt fumbles. They're gettin' some of that Tebow luck lately.

As a cowboys fan watching that NFC championship and thinking about next season, all I kept thinking was
okay-face.jpg

Originally Posted by mrarmageddon

The only times NY crossed the 50 after halftime yesterday was on the two punt fumbles. They're gettin' some of that Tebow luck lately.
is this true? did not know this.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

If Eli wins again, heads will start talking about how he's better than Payton.

In the playoffs (when it counts mind you) Eli is better than Peyton.

Vince Wilfork was off the chain yesterday and Joe Flacco still stood tall. Props to both performances.

Lee Evans gotta get that 2nd foot down, thatclose.

However, at the end of the day...people DO look at rings

This much we agree on upn, but in regards to the rest of your argument that's probably about it.

I can even recall you using rings as a point in your argument when discussing Rice vs. Moss
You recalled wrong champ.  First off, there is no comparison or debate between Rice vs. Moss.  Reason being because Rice is often considered as the greatest or one of the greatest football players of all-time....*Kanye West "....OF ALL-TME" Top 5 for sure as far as the greatest to ever play the game.  No one in their right mind would even think to say such a thing about Moss.  So there is not really much to discuss after that regarding a Rice vs. Moss comparison. 

He COULD end up in the top-3...
Do you see how you have once again moved the endzone if and when it's convenient for you.  First you say "you can easily make the case for him being the GOAT" then right after from your very breath you say "he could end up in the top 3" meaning currently as in right now even you yourself don't have him as top 3.  Just to bring everyone up to speed to where DoubleJ's has taken us we went from having a case for Brady being the GOAT in 2 weeks if things go a certain way to him possibly being in the top 3 years down the line.  "I'm like dam +$*+! at least keep it consistent."     

He's in the argument for being the best QB to ever play in the NFL. 
Yeah..............years down the line perhaps.  Which is my point.

I know you hold the 49ers/Montana dear to your heart
  <>.

I've seen the Brady/NE slander from you over the past couple of years

You've seen nothing but factual statements both good and bad in regards to Brady/NE.  It is what it is.

I know this is painful for you to watch or even to admit that you are witnessing greatness.

Not really, I give credit where credit is due so if Brady and Co. win in 2 weeks more power to him.  What's really painful to watch if you make some of these statements that you made here lately, whether it's "If Ben Roethlisberger gets his 3rd ring where does he rank among the greatest QB's", "heard Brady is 16-5 in the playoffs...tied for most wins w. Joe Montana.  He gets this ring, and you can easily make the case for him being the GOAT" or "I'm not going to see the movie Red Tails because I don't like the music they played for it during a commercial."  Just one bad statement after the next champ.  It's time for you turn things around. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

However, at the end of the day...people DO look at rings

This much we agree on upn, but in regards to the rest of your argument that's probably about it.

I can even recall you using rings as a point in your argument when discussing Rice vs. Moss
You recalled wrong champ.  First off, there is no comparison or debate between Rice vs. Moss.  Reason being because Rice is often considered as the greatest or one of the greatest football players of all-time....*Kanye West "....OF ALL-TME" Top 5 for sure as far as the greatest to ever play the game.  No one in their right mind would even think to say such a thing about Moss.  So there is not really much to discuss after that regarding a Rice vs. Moss comparison. 

He COULD end up in the top-3...
Do you see how you have once again moved the endzone if and when it's convenient for you.  First you say "you can easily make the case for him being the GOAT" then right after from your very breath you say "he could end up in the top 3" meaning currently as in right now even you yourself don't have him as top 3.  Just to bring everyone up to speed to where DoubleJ's has taken us we went from having a case for Brady being the GOAT in 2 weeks if things go a certain way to him possibly being in the top 3 years down the line.  "I'm like dam +$*+! at least keep it consistent."     

He's in the argument for being the best QB to ever play in the NFL. 
Yeah..............years down the line perhaps.  Which is my point.

I know you hold the 49ers/Montana dear to your heart
  <>.

I've seen the Brady/NE slander from you over the past couple of years

You've seen nothing but factual statements both good and bad in regards to Brady/NE.  It is what it is.

I know this is painful for you to watch or even to admit that you are witnessing greatness.

Not really, I give credit where credit is due so if Brady and Co. win in 2 weeks more power to him.  What's really painful to watch if you make some of these statements that you made here lately, whether it's "If Ben Roethlisberger gets his 3rd ring where does he rank among the greatest QB's", "heard Brady is 16-5 in the playoffs...tied for most wins w. Joe Montana.  He gets this ring, and you can easily make the case for him being the GOAT" or "I'm not going to see the movie Red Tails because I don't like the music they played for it during a commercial."  Just one bad statement after the next champ.  It's time for you turn things around. 

I see I'm clearly dealing with someone who benefitted from the no child left behind act.

He "could" end up in the top-3 was in reference to his TD passes, fool.  I brought that up since you wanted to discredit his SB wins. 

Since you're slow...here's the full quote:

He COULD end up in the top-3...possibly #2 behind Favre with TD passes when it's all said and done.  Meaning, he will most likely pass Marino along the way.  Couple that, along with his rings...then yea.  He's in the argument for being the best QB to ever play in the NFL.  

Not saying he didn't play well yesterday but Eli a few many balls that should have been picked without a doubt.

Regardless of what he does, Eli will never be better than Peyton.

Originally Posted by mrarmageddon

To the Giants' credit, they did make it pass the 50 yard line on one possession in the 2nd half, to the 49ers' 46 yard line, Eli didn't do #*!# in the 2nd half. Kyle Williams won this game for the Giants, guess it evens out though, just didn't want it to happen to us
frown.gif
. Giants were screwed by the refs in Green Bay and they'd be fuming like us niner fans right now if they would have lost to the Packers because of those bad calls. Niners should have had the ball after the Bradshaw fumble in the 4th at the Giants 20 with a little over 2 minutes left. Damn Zebras...Hurts man...
tired.gif

Eli has a chance to beat Tom Brady & Bill Belichick in the SB....for the SECOND TIME!

That is an amazing accomplishment given the legendary status TB/BB will have

I think Eli gets the edge on Peyton in terms of the postseason... But Im not ready to take him over Peyton in terms of everything just yet.

Yeah ..I'm not saying Eli is better than Peyton by any means, but I think a lot of people need to be more open-minded and not just think Peyton is superior regardless of what Eli accomplishes in his career.

I really dont see how anybody can say that Eli is better than Peyton even if he does win the SB...Ya'll must have forgotten how good Peyton is...Didn't you see how his team did without him this year. This man was single handedly carrying his team. Not to mention Peyton's stats are better than Eli's. But I forgot QB's are judge by the rings they win...like they can do it all by themselves. It's a damn team effort. Eli wouldn't even have a ring if it wasn't for that 07 Giants defense.

When it comes to Peyton/Eli all you need is a simple eye test.  Eli never has come close to touching Peyton's zenith as a QB and never will. Eli has had tremendous luck in the playoffs as well, couple catches or drops here or there and his mantle of clutchest QB quickly designates, can't say the same with Peyton.

Originally Posted by 1NyceBalla

I really dont see how anybody can say that Eli is better than Peyton even if he does win the SB...Ya'll must have forgotten how good Peyton is...Didn't you see how his team did without him this year. This man was single handedly carrying his team. Not to mention Peyton's stats are better than Eli's. But I forgot QB's are judge by the rings they win...like they can do it all by themselves. It's a damn team effort. Eli wouldn't even have a ring if it wasn't for that 07 Giants defense.

All of this. Some people on here have real short memories.

Back
Top Bottom