NIKE Kobe VIII PROTRO - 2023

I knew the Lakers home would get dirty quick, but these joints are dirt magnets. Only wore my pair for about an hour, and dirt spots very visible on parts of the laces & tongue.
Something for that to... if you wearing casually.... water and stain repellant. I got one from reshov8ner

These feel better on feet than the OG with the react. Not a big difference, but I noticed it. Tongue also helps a lot. OG tongue can dig in.

Think keeping all 5 is overkill, but I like having the full pack complete.

Attachments

• IMG_4107.jpeg
    IMG_4107.jpeg
    344.4 KB · Views: 188
Never noticed it on my Halos but the tongue has a weird crease when worn. Could be because it’s padded and the leather/vinyl/plastic they used for the tongue but now I can’t unsee it.

Anyway, I have an extra pair of aways in size 9 if any needs for retail plus shipping. If not, the extra will go back to Nike or DSG.

Did anyone realize that it says KB24 or KOBE on the toe box right where the tongue starts

Yeah after playing in my reds a couple times… including swapping out the midsole I’m leaning towards returning em.

$180 plus tax for some basic team bank shoes just hasn’t sat well with me since I hit on NDC.

10+ years removed from hoops and TB colorways are all I need at this stage of my life lol. Milk snakes will always be my favorite Kobe after Dark Knight 5s. Still on the hunt for Pythons and YOTHs though.

Yeah after playing in my reds a couple times… including swapping out the midsole I’m leaning towards returning em.

$180 plus tax for some basic team bank shoes just hasn’t sat well with me since I hit on NDC.
I can appreciate that. Nostalgia and player affinity only goes so far if the shoes aren’t amazing on court when you buy basketball shoes to actually play ball in them. I finally got my aways in yesterday and out of the box I’m not blown away - even after swapping in Lebron 11 midsoles.

I can appreciate that. Nostalgia and player affinity only goes so far if the shoes aren’t amazing on court when you buy basketball shoes to actually play ball in them. I finally got my aways in yesterday and out of the box I’m not blown away - even after swapping in Lebron 11 midsoles.
Funny you mentioned Bron 11 midsoles… last night I was watching old reviews of the 8’s on YouTube and remember I had a pair of those in the garage. Don’t think I ever did that swap back in the day so tried it out… fit is a little weird, I guess I’ll try em out eventually on court to see how they feel with that mod. Also I heard Serious Player Only midsoles fit in them perfectly, gotta hit eBay up and see if I can find any on there.

Back
Top Bottom