No United airlines thread ? VOL....Delta won

I have 0 sympathy for people that hold up flights over dumb **** like this, they get overbooked all the time and when they tell you to get off then you need to get off. Dude brought this on himself by escalating it to the point where law enforcement had to be called. Crews take priority over passengers, hell they can pull passengers off a plane for weight restrictions if theres too much cargo.
View media item 2401404
Get yo trolling as outta here

Not trolling. I work for an airline plus Ive been stuck on a plane before where passengers were belligerent and didnt want to get off, delaying the flight. It happens all the time.
But initially this isn't a passanger delaying a flight, this is an airline loading an "overbooked" flight against all logic, then choosing to go with forcing a customer off instead of continuing to try to incentivize their customers.

the airline fouled up, then fouled up again, then fouled up again. Could he have just gotten off? Sure, but they handled their "overbooked" flight in a poor manner

Last edited:
things like this happen because ppl dont speak up they just meekly go along to get along

best believe if ppl raised a ruckus over airline overbooking practices the protocol would change

The airline ****** up, planned poorly and reacted even worse. Point blank. I don't understand folks being apologists for large corporations.

"Crews take priority over passengers"... you don't have a job without passengers.

Last edited:
But initially this isn't a passanger delaying a flight, this is an airline loading an "overbooked" flight against all logic, then choosing to go with forcing a customer off instead of continuing to try to incentivize their customers.

the airline fouled up, then fouled up again, then fouled up again. Could he have just gotten off? Sure, but they handled their "overbooked" flight in a poor manner
Every airline overbooks flights, it makes sense for them honestly. But they will ask for volunteers (that are compensated usually in a free flight and sometimes a check) then when they've exhausted that route they will start pulling people which seems to have happened to Dr. Dao, now when he refused to leave they had to escalate it to law enforcement. I would be on his side if a United employee yanked him out of his seat but thats not what happened. There are steps that led to what happened.

Last edited:
But this was a screw up on the airline part...that man had a destination he needed to be at.
Everyone on that flight had to be somewhere. Now if no one on that flight had enough compassion to let him stay on after being chosen then it is what it is.

Nah lol basically they tryna play like they used the lil bubble popper in a game of Trouble to choose a seat and they went by their own scale

Nobody would have chose a kid, their on the bottom of the list of people to bump off a flight down with handicapped peoples and vets
I'm talking kid as 21-25. Their an easy sell. Always wanting free ****.

Some say consumers need to stand up or lay down, like this guy did, and show the big guys we won't put up with this. But we aren't entitled to anything. Once a refund is initiated, BYE BYE. It's a private vessel. Listen to orders, or get dragged out. It does make for terrible headlines and doesnt happen often. Just as businesses have the right to refuse service to any one (no shoes, no shirt, no service), get your refund, and take your loss. Dude was playing dead and limp for that sympathy vote. Now he'll get rewarded.

It'd be like a dude with a Bleep the president shirt and people were offended. Dude gets asked to take it off or cover it. He does neither and it just escalates. There may be no apparent dress code but just because you spent a couple hundred bucks does not entitle you to the WORLD

Makes sense to overbook? Yea, if all you care about is money and customer relations isn't a priority
Yes it makes sense to overbook. Do you know how many people don't show up to flights? Every airline does it everyday, usually its handled before the plane is boarded but sometimes it isn't, on my last flight to Vegas they had to come on to the plane and pull 2 passengers to let 2 other passengers on, now it sucks the people were mad but they were compensated pretty well and didn't escalate the situation because they felt they took priority over everyone else. This wasn't even a volunteer situation either, they called 2 names and had them press call buttons, flight attendants went over and informed them that they needed to have them off and that was the end of it.

its not entitlement when you paying money

if its a private vessel then lets pilots just fly their friends and family around and dont call it a commercial business

**** a refund i want the service i paid for

it makes sense to overbook only cuz they keep that money anyway and boost revenues

they not giving the difference back to consumers when they dont fly at capacity

Every airline overbooks flights, it makes sense for them honestly. But they will ask for volunteers (that are compensated usually in a free flight and sometimes a check) then when they've exhausted that route they will start pulling people which seems to have happened to Dr. Dao, now when he refused to leave they had to escalate it to law enforcement. I would be on his side if a United employee yanked him out of his seat but thats not what happened. There are steps that led to what happened.

And the first step is they overbooked a flight then proceeded to load said flight.

I'm talking kid as 21-25. Their an easy sell. Always wanting free ****.

Them adults lol new adults but they grown to me

At sports venues, they can kick you out for any reason. Most of the time, its because your actions may be offensive. So that doesnt technically apply here. A restaurant may perceive your party to be too loud or in some cases, know that you are a crappy tipper and simply do not let you enter.

Paying for something and not getting anything back, yeah that's a scam and a ripoff. When refunds happen and they tell you to kick rocks, well yeah, kick those rocks.

Thats when you go to social media and write reviews. Dude took it to a whole new level and played dead. I think blame is 50/50. Too many online see nothing wrong with what dude did. I realize we are getting more into a police state, but there is a general lack of respect for just normal "authority" figures. If the flight crew asks you 10 times and its already been 15 minutes, that delay will affect things in waves as it goes further along its schedule. What are they to do? Wait? Or simply give in and try to entice someone else? Dude was a baby and shouldnt be rewarded.

It was basically a peaceful protest and dude was trespassing at that point.

Last edited:
You work for an airline, so you used to this overbooking crap, don't make it right.

Most people fly maybe once or twice a year if that, imagine an overbook situation forcing you to miss your mothers funeral or something major?

F outta here trying to take up for an airline corporation lmao you'll gets no love here

police roughing dude up and knocking him out making him bleed on the plane so they had to deplane and clean it delayed things how long?

Last edited:
You wait, and ask for a supervisor to intervene. If the supervisor can't still convince the man, you ask for higher ups. Go along the chain of command, and I am pretty sure management would have just made other arrangements. Calling the police that can escalate to violence in this day and age of social media is the last thing any company wants! You don't ruin your company's billion dollar reputation over one customer whom refuses to comply with your requests.

C9Kl7y2UQAASI4n.jpg

its not entitlement when you paying money

if its a private vessel then lets pilots just fly their friends and family around and dont call it a commercial business

**** a refund i want the service i paid for

it makes sense to overbook only cuz they keep that money anyway and boost revenues

they not giving the difference back to consumers when they dont fly at capacity
You dont get everything you pay for

A restarant is private property but they let you come in and eat right?

Money doesn't guarantee anything

They don't keep that money, people get refunded.
And the first step is they overbooked a flight then proceeded to load said flight.
Didn't they pull him because a crew needed to be somewhere?
You work for an airline, so you used to this overbooking crap, don't make it right.

Most people fly maybe once or twice a year if that, imagine an overbook situation forcing you to miss your mothers funeral or something major?

F outta here trying to take up for an airline corporation lmao you'll gets no love here
laugh.gif
 I'm just telling you how it works, not asking for you love or approval so you can either accept it or not. (Had to edit that, I already been warned today and alot of people like to snitch)

Last edited:
United Airlines says controversial flight was not overbooked; CEO apologizes again

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/100317166/

"I continue to be disturbed by what happened on this flight, and I deeply apologize to the customer forcibly removed and to all the customers aboard," CEO Oscar Munoz said in a statement. "No one should ever be mistreated this way."

Dudes justifying something not even the CEO is behind. The wealthy never even have to lift a finger in their defense, there are lower rung folks that will do it for them as if they have some ownership.

its private property sure but when its a commercial business i.e. open to the public then money is the guarantee

the money you pay as a customer pays their rent, their employees, buys their goods and pays the owner

theyre not doing you a favor letting you in the restaurant youre doing them a favor patronizing their business

as far as refunds go, thats all well and good but a refund isnt compensatory for bad service

if you go out to eat and get sick are you gonna say a refund is enough?

Back
Top Bottom