non-blacks, what are your opinions on tyler perry and his movies?

Corny_logo_new.png

I'm tired of people hating on this man. I can't be upset at a man making money, I hope one day he puts me in one of those movies
laugh.gif

Everybody claims up and down they hate how he portrays the black community, then again he does wonders in the box office. Numbers don't lie.

I'm tired of people hating on this man. I can't be upset at a man making money, I hope one day he puts me in one of those movies
laugh.gif

Everybody claims up and down they hate how he portrays the black community, then again he does wonders in the box office. Numbers don't lie.

tyler perry is lame... cool for him he's making money.. but still think he's lame.. seems like he's too small minded to even consider making movies for people other than black people

tyler perry is lame... cool for him he's making money.. but still think he's lame.. seems like he's too small minded to even consider making movies for people other than black people

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Straight ****ery...not even trying to be funny, I seriously dislike the image this guys puts out.

I'm african american.

Title askes for non-blacks though.

As for someone who isn't black but watches his movies. I love it! I don't look past the morals he puts out like some of y'all do. Just enjoy the movie, have laughs, and just respect his aspect on situations!

Tyler Perry is that dude!
pimp.gif
And that's coming from a non-black person.
indifferent.gif

sick.gif

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Straight ****ery...not even trying to be funny, I seriously dislike the image this guys puts out.

I'm african american.

Title askes for non-blacks though.

As for someone who isn't black but watches his movies. I love it! I don't look past the morals he puts out like some of y'all do. Just enjoy the movie, have laughs, and just respect his aspect on situations!

Tyler Perry is that dude!
pimp.gif
And that's coming from a non-black person.
indifferent.gif

sick.gif

In 2009, Perry was ranked by Forbes magazine as the sixth highest-paid man in Hollywood. As of July 2009, Perry's films had grossed nearly $400 million worldwide.

Like $%*. His movies suck balls. 

In 2009, Perry was ranked by Forbes magazine as the sixth highest-paid man in Hollywood. As of July 2009, Perry's films had grossed nearly $400 million worldwide.

Like $%*. His movies suck balls. 

Originally Posted by Snapple Apple

Why do you care what non-blacks think of his movies? The man is getting paid and most of his following is from black people. Most white people don't watch his movies. Black people stay worrying about what non blacks think of them. It's sad. I don't find that whole Medea character funny but he found his niche and he isn't hurting anyone so let him be. It's hard enough for a black man to get that high in the success ladder like he has. Black people need to support him rather than throw stones at this man.

i somewhat agree with u bro bro.. just let him eat.

Originally Posted by Snapple Apple

Why do you care what non-blacks think of his movies? The man is getting paid and most of his following is from black people. Most white people don't watch his movies. Black people stay worrying about what non blacks think of them. It's sad. I don't find that whole Medea character funny but he found his niche and he isn't hurting anyone so let him be. It's hard enough for a black man to get that high in the success ladder like he has. Black people need to support him rather than throw stones at this man.

i somewhat agree with u bro bro.. just let him eat.

never seen one because they look like re-used corny @$* humor
looks like a dude who is trying to get paid-anyway he can.
do your thing tho

never seen one because they look like re-used corny @$* humor
looks like a dude who is trying to get paid-anyway he can.
do your thing tho

Originally Posted by MECKS

ive been saying this over and over

he takes advantage of the black community with strong racial stereotypes, and depicts blacks in a minstrel show manner. he is taking advantage of the black audience, mostly because his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast.

this. 100%.
he's the T.D. Jakes of cinema... exploiting a certain demographic for profit. can't fault the man for making money but I still hope he rolls around in barbed wire with Greg Louganis.

Spike Lee, I can stand behind. Tyler Perry, not so much.

Originally Posted by MECKS

ive been saying this over and over

he takes advantage of the black community with strong racial stereotypes, and depicts blacks in a minstrel show manner. he is taking advantage of the black audience, mostly because his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast.

this. 100%.
he's the T.D. Jakes of cinema... exploiting a certain demographic for profit. can't fault the man for making money but I still hope he rolls around in barbed wire with Greg Louganis.

Spike Lee, I can stand behind. Tyler Perry, not so much.

Back
Top Bottom