non-blacks, what are your opinions on tyler perry and his movies?

i never watched any or his movies or get down with his TV shows

im just not feelin that "madea" (&#$#
im black though.

As black person and a human being I don't understand why anyone would want to watch his movies its the same +*$! piece of %@#$ over and over

As black person and a human being I don't understand why anyone would want to watch his movies its the same +*$! piece of %@#$ over and over

It's interesting how much black people complain about his movies portraying stereotypes, but don't want to focus on the fact a lot of his "stereotypical" movie-characters exist in real-life.  I personally don't find his movies to be all that unbelievable or stereotypical. Are they all good?..HELL NO!  But the bigger question that needs to be asked though is why so many blacks fit these so called negative "stereotypes"?

Yes, I'm black.

It's interesting how much black people complain about his movies portraying stereotypes, but don't want to focus on the fact a lot of his "stereotypical" movie-characters exist in real-life.  I personally don't find his movies to be all that unbelievable or stereotypical. Are they all good?..HELL NO!  But the bigger question that needs to be asked though is why so many blacks fit these so called negative "stereotypes"?

Yes, I'm black.

Originally Posted by Snapple Apple

Why do you care what non-blacks think of his movies? The man is getting paid and most of his following is from black people. Most white people don't watch his movies. Black people stay worrying about what non blacks think of them. It's sad. I don't find that whole Medea character funny but he found his niche and he isn't hurting anyone so let him be. It's hard enough for a black man to get that high in the success ladder like he has. Black people need to support him rather than throw stones at this man.

agreed

Why do you care what non-blacks think of his movies? The man is getting paid and most of his following is from black people. Most white people don't watch his movies. Black people stay worrying about what non blacks think of them. It's sad. I don't find that whole Medea character funny but he found his niche and he isn't hurting anyone so let him be. It's hard enough for a black man to get that high in the success ladder like he has. Black people need to support him rather than throw stones at this man.

agreed

The illuminati encouraged him and his producers on tbs so they can set black people back a few more years 
nerd.gif

but really i never watched him; never will and if he was an asian america filipino actor/producer/failure i still wouldn't watch him

The illuminati encouraged him and his producers on tbs so they can set black people back a few more years 
nerd.gif

but really i never watched him; never will and if he was an asian america filipino actor/producer/failure i still wouldn't watch him

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

agreed
jeez....he was just curious what other groups of people thought about them. no need to get so defensive. and you shouldn't feel obligated to "support" a filmmaker because you share the same skin color. if you feel his movies suck go ahead and say it. if you like em go watch em. who cares?

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

agreed
jeez....he was just curious what other groups of people thought about them. no need to get so defensive. and you shouldn't feel obligated to "support" a filmmaker because you share the same skin color. if you feel his movies suck go ahead and say it. if you like em go watch em. who cares?

Originally Posted by MECKS

ive been saying this over and over

he takes advantage of the black community with strong racial stereotypes, and depicts blacks in a minstrel show manner. he is taking advantage of the black audience, mostly because his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast.

Originally Posted by MECKS

ive been saying this over and over

he takes advantage of the black community with strong racial stereotypes, and depicts blacks in a minstrel show manner. he is taking advantage of the black audience, mostly because his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast.

Back
Top Bottom