non-blacks, what are your opinions on tyler perry and his movies?

embarrassment to the black community. He only gives racists more ammo to bash your race with that foolish @#$% he puts on the screen

embarrassment to the black community. He only gives racists more ammo to bash your race with that foolish @#$% he puts on the screen

some o his work is hot garbage and some of it is piffery

Meet the Browns is prob one of my favorite shows on TV, n I like some of his movies too, but like I said, some others, especially his more recent stuff, can be absolutely terrible

White people give me an absurd amount of grief for watching anything Tyler Perry though, to the point of it actually being aggravating and hurting relationships with some people

Meet the Browns is prob one of my favorite shows on TV, n I like some of his movies too, but like I said, some others, especially his more recent stuff, can be absolutely terrible

White people give me an absurd amount of grief for watching anything Tyler Perry though, to the point of it actually being aggravating and hurting relationships with some people

I've seen a few and I feel that he exploits black stereotypes more than anyone else, but it's okay...because he's black? I also feel like he dumbs down a lot of the humor. I don't find them funny and I think it's weird that black people find them funny when he's just rehashing old stereotypes that, if they were coming from a white person, would be considered racist. Idk. Maybe i don't get it cause I'm white.

I've seen a few and I feel that he exploits black stereotypes more than anyone else, but it's okay...because he's black? I also feel like he dumbs down a lot of the humor. I don't find them funny and I think it's weird that black people find them funny when he's just rehashing old stereotypes that, if they were coming from a white person, would be considered racist. Idk. Maybe i don't get it cause I'm white.

Dude found a niche and he's exploiting it. Single, black church going mothers eat his movies up.

The "1-800-choke-a-ho" bit was funny tho.

Dude found a niche and he's exploiting it. Single, black church going mothers eat his movies up.

The "1-800-choke-a-ho" bit was funny tho.

Originally Posted by toast1985

I'm willing to bet a lot of white people don't know what a Tyler Perry is.

you'd be surprised. i always see a lot of middle aged white women going to his films.

2Lips can you go into more detail about TP's stuff actually hurting relationships?
With who and how?
(if you don't mind)

Originally Posted by toast1985

I'm willing to bet a lot of white people don't know what a Tyler Perry is.

you'd be surprised. i always see a lot of middle aged white women going to his films.

2Lips can you go into more detail about TP's stuff actually hurting relationships?
With who and how?
(if you don't mind)

He's an untalented hack who can't write his way out of a paper bag. Plain and simple. He supports every negative stereotype of African Americans in his garbage Madea movies and sitcoms. And then he turns around and craps out feel-good "positive" movies that are legitimately awful.

And because he has the Oprah seal of approval, there's no limit to the damage he can do with his no-talent hack abilities.

He's an untalented hack who can't write his way out of a paper bag. Plain and simple. He supports every negative stereotype of African Americans in his garbage Madea movies and sitcoms. And then he turns around and craps out feel-good "positive" movies that are legitimately awful.

And because he has the Oprah seal of approval, there's no limit to the damage he can do with his no-talent hack abilities.

Im black. To hell with yo' thread.

Spoiler [+]
Saw one film. It was aight.

Im black. To hell with yo' thread.

Spoiler [+]
Saw one film. It was aight.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

indifferent.gif

wasnt a real relationship in the 1st place
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

indifferent.gif

wasnt a real relationship in the 1st place
laugh.gif

I've tried to watch and cannot. They are totally stereotypical but over and beyond.. It's really gross to me and not funny at all.

I've tried to watch and cannot. They are totally stereotypical but over and beyond.. It's really gross to me and not funny at all.

i never watched any or his movies or get down with his TV shows

im just not feelin that "madea" (&#$#
im black though.

Back
Top Bottom