NT fambs....my own brother got me. For 10 Deadstock pairs of sneakers...what do I do? *update page 6

save lawyer fees , buy home security cams and try and catch him in the act and make him

pay you back by getting a job

Last edited:
Man, sending him to jail for a very long time is the only solution

I for one could never bring myself to hurt my brothers with my hands, idc what they take from me

But since he's on drugs, if hes in jail, he won't have access to them, and it's more likely to get off drugs that way

Can't lie though, I'm a wholehearted believer that drug addicts cannot be saved, the only way to stop the problems is if they die

Don't take that last part the wrong way, I'm not saying we should kill them or anything violent, I'm just saying everything stops when you die

Warren an nate been told you what to do OP.

Regulators

we regulate any stealing of his property

and we damn good too

but you cant be any geek off the streets,

gotta be handy with the steel know what i mean, earn your keep.

regulators....mount up

aww he got 2 pairs of 11's and some 88 3's?

Sometimes sneakers is thicker than blood fam.  Bussa cap in him before he sells the rest of your family for rocks.

Damn good luck op.

Some of my friends were addicted to dope and it was very sad.
Cant imagine if my family was addicted |I

As long as you keep him away from crack he can def jump back 100%

Hope you get that resolved man

I don't know about that on jumping back from Heroin... I got a couple dudes I grew up with and only one of them stopped it but it was because he was always in and out of jail. If he's just sniffing it in the powder form then I would say maybe a 10% chance he can come back especially if he's still noding off everywhere high off of it. Now, if he's injecting it which I don't think he's at that stage yet then nah b he ain't coming back... even if he's just sniffing it the way they help these addicts is they put them on another drug called methadone (sp) to ease them off of heroin which that then the user become reliant upon.

Man, sending him to jail for a very long time is the only solution

I for one could never bring myself to hurt my brothers with my hands, idc what they take from me

But since he's on drugs, if hes in jail, he won't have access to them, and it's more likely to get off drugs that way

Can't lie though, I'm a wholehearted believer that drug addicts cannot be saved, the only way to stop the problems is if they die

Don't take that last part the wrong way, I'm not saying we should kill them or anything violent, I'm just saying everything stops when you die

Yeah man the bolded part I agree with but I don't want to admit it because I know too many people still in the drug addiction struggle but yeah you're right brah I gotta call a spade a spade I grew up around this stuff too much not know first hand. There is hardly few and little in between success cases and then it's still a lifetime battle.

My little brother would do it to me all the time.

I would buy kicks in the Navy and send them home for safekeeping. Over a course of 6 years I sent home abut a 100 pairs.

I got out and never thought about them. Until one day I was in the attic and and saw a pair.

So I went through the attic to find them all. I found all the non heat (Jordans).

I asked my mom she said she knew nothing about them. She seemed shady about it. It was summer time in Texas and the attic was hot so I let it go.

I forgot about them again until I saw my brother cutting the grass with a brand new pair on. Went to his closet and there was all my heat and all worn.

Brought it up to moms and she hit me with the Christian philosophy. I let is slide.

Brother graduated high school that year. Dude got damn near 2500 in cash from family and friends. My mom was taking a picture of him with his bread, I walked up and hit him dead in the face, knocked out cold. Took the money and walked off. Told my my mom we were now square for all the shoes he wore. Key was to knock him down at his highest point. This was back in 2006.

He aint crossed me since then.
roll.gif

Let your detective handle some work of trying to get your sneakers back if possible. Here's the harsh advice. Don't even help your brother at this point. A lot of people in this thread have been saying to get him help without any input on what that is. Jail is going to the wake up call for dude. You've been trying to be reasonable and caring, but dude clearly didn't value family relationships. No he's going to on his own with this one and really have to reevaluate his life choices. Honestly, tell your mom don't get involved either. No bail, hiring a lawyer, nothing. Yeah its her kid, but his behavior should have been addressed before and she needs the wake up call that everything ain't going to work out well if you just let it be.

I would buy kicks in the Navy and send them home for safekeeping. Over a course of 6 years I sent home abut a 100 pairs.

I got out and never thought about them. Until one day I was in the attic and and saw a pair.

So I went through the attic to find them all. I found all the non heat (Jordans).

I asked my mom she said she knew nothing about them. She seemed shady about it. It was summer time in Texas and the attic was hot so I let it go.

I forgot about them again until I saw my brother cutting the grass with a brand new pair on. Went to his closet and there was all my heat and all worn.

Brought it up to moms and she hit me with the Christian philosophy. I let is slide.

Brother graduated high school that year. Dude got damn near 2500 in cash from family and friends. My mom was taking a picture of him with his bread, I walked up and hit him dead in the face, knocked out cold. Took the money and walked off. Told my my mom we were now square for all the shoes he wore. Key was to knock him down at his highest point. This was back in 2006.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl:
Man ayo at your sn

LMFAO @ that story tho, luckily my bros aren't savages, or it could be because I buy them a lot of stuff too

Has anyone ever dealt with a similar situation? Do I just give up on the sneaker thing and never look back? I'm literally in shambles, I can't even go to sleep at night because I can't over the fact my younger brother of all people - got me.

:\ :frown: |I

Thanks to a couple young'ns that know my brother; word is that dude who has my sneakers is soft, the terry clothe type. If the cops don't take actions in getting my stuff back - as soon as I'm off of work today, I'm going to dude's crib with the yappa. I'm getting my stuff back myself.

View media item 602759

Last edited:
You definatley have to confront him about it, whether you tear him in half or break his heart with some soppy **** you have to talk to him about it.

Whoop on him something nasty. Make him fear ever doing your wrong ever again.

He might not change. He'll think twice before stealing from you...

Lol @ God

God = your fist
It = his mouth

Let God deal with it

Kidnap the kid and tie him up lock him in a room so he'll be sober cold turkey. Feed him obviously.

Not srs. Semi srs.

Maybe this experience will be the catalyst for the change he needs to make, maybe it won't.

To me, one of the more troubling aspects of the long term prospects here is your mother's attitude.

It's cliche, but an addict often won't pursue recovery until there is no other option - until he/she hits the so-called "rock bottom." As long as your mother enables him by deferring the consequences of his actions (and likely other well-intentioned enabling activities), it's a tough situation. You can be as firm about things as you want, but if there's always some other place to turn, that person will continue his ways. In a situation like this, I don't think you really can help unless the entire network is committed to the cause and understands what has to be done and how some of their previously well-intentioned actions are actually counterproductive toward that overall goal.

So, if you mom (not picking only on here - maybe there are others too) isn't going to take that route, I think you just have to divorce yourself from the situation - because your lone stance probably puts you at greater risk than it is enough to solve the problem on its own. I say you make this known to your mom and any other enabling family members and say, I want to help, but I'm only willing to do so within a framework that can be successful. If you're on board, I'm in 100%. If you're not - then he and I are functionally strangers as long as I believe that to be in my personal best interest.

Last edited:
Warren an nate been told you what to do OP.

Regulators
we regulate any stealing of his property
and we damn good too
but you cant be any geek off the streets,
gotta be handy with the steel know what i mean, earn your keep.
regulators....mount up

aww he got 2 pairs of 11's and some 88 3's?
Sometimes sneakers is thicker than blood fam.  Bussa cap in him before he sells the rest of your family for rocks.

:rofl:

Fam, I've literally been trying to help the kid since he was on percocets, popping them like crazy. I would help him with whatever he wanted, and it was exaclty a year ago that we went through this to try and help him.

It's sad because I called my mom and she was in tears man, what she feared the most is happening and it's been confirmed - dude is on Heroin. He got caught buying it last night in a suburb of Cleveland, and he's in custody right now. He confessed to my mom who he sold the shoes to and for how much - so I called the detective and left him a message letting him know he's in custody at another police station and I'm hoping he confesses to the cop to who he sold the kicks too.

Thanks to a couple young'ns that know my brother; word is that dude who has my sneakers is soft, the terry clothe type. If the cops don't take actions in getting my stuff back - as soon as I'm off of work today, I'm going to dude's crib with the yappa. I'm getting my stuff back myself.

I'm tight right now.
you guys enabled him..

mommy by protecting him and not letting you knock some sense into him and you for willingly helping him when you knew he was an addict.

he knows that no matter what he does you guys will help him with whatever he wants, not you necessarily but friends and fam.

that sucks that your family has to go through this, and it is quite an inconvenience to get your property stolen and hawked for skag.

yall need to basically cut him off COMPLETELY, let him know that you guys will be there ONLY if he gets help to get clean.

that is one of the worst things to kick and obviously he's been opiate dependent for quite some time.

he's young and theres still hope, but you seem to be more concerned with your shoes.

Last edited:
Hey bro I feel your pain 100 % I went through a similar situation but with my older brother. He would steal from me from time to time and every time I would say something about it he would act stupid and my mom would down play it. He swore he didn't and nothing went missing for a while. Finally I go to my stash of money I used to keep in my room and find out he was taking money. I completely went ape I sent him a few threatening texts and called my crew up. I told em if he didn't have most of my money back by the day god wouldn't be able to help himi f he came home. He crumbled and came home with the money. Animal take matters into your own hands if the cops don't trust me there's no other way he will do it again. My brother was on drugs also

- make a big scene and tell everyone in the family
-label him as a thief
-smack him around a couple times / slam him.. But only go 50% .. Don't rearrange his face.
Do SOMETHING don't let it go, because then he WILL do it again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OP this is a horrible situation. There is so many issues balled up into one. You've read tons of advice on this thread so far and I know you know what's best for you and your fam in this situation but....

BREAK HIS ******G NOSE, IN FRONT OF YOUR MOMS.

The disrespect your brother has shown for you, your family, your property is intolerable. Of course get him help, of course you can never stop loving him but he sounds like a brat who is used to life coming easy to him. That's why he's stealing to get what he wants instead of working hard. Show him how a man handles business. Don't get the law involved, you have enough on your plate as is. Find him, bring him home, knock his *** out and then give him a hug and tell him you're here for him

Last edited:
Money isnt the issue here. Drugs will make u do whatever you have to do to get more. I know a dude who is in college right now whos no older than 21, recently got hooked on herion...never seen him shoot up or anything but his personality definitely changed within a month. You have to support him as much as possible but most importantly HE HAS TO WANT TO GET OFF THE DRUGS.

Last edited:
Final update of this and I'm done.

My brother was in custody of the police in a suburb of Cleveland on a totally seperate charge/incident.

SO I after I called cops the day I found out, a detective finally went over to the police station of where he was being kept at until his next court date - he interviewed my brother, and he admitted to stealing all of my kicks and money.

The detective then called me yesterday, and asked if I wanted to finally press the charges officially because they have the evidence needed to prosecute him based on him admitting....and I refused to proceed with pressing charges fambs :x |I I just told the detective to drop the case...I can't lock my own brother up.

Even though he stole more from me than anyone else who I've even encountered life with, I still can't put my own brother behind bars, I just can't do that - I'd rather starve myself. I was always taught to be as close and protective with my brothers as I could.

It's killing me knowing that I'll never get my stuff back, and that I worked hard, very hard for all the items I purchased - but I have to take this as the biggest lesson learned in my lifetime.

He's probably going to remained locked up anyway because of his seperate charges, and he's off drugs for the meantime anyway, I just hope he understands and learned that what he did to me is the most disrespectful thing he can do to his own brother. I also hope they put him in rehab, he needs the help more than anything right now.

Just gotta remain strong, work up some extra funds when I can and just buy the things that were taken from me.

Thanks for all the advice, gratitude and help from all my fellow NTers.

Peace.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom