NTers with interracial children-Serious question UPDATE PG4

DoubleJs07 wrote:
Originally Posted by ponson02

Mister DoItNice- nah my family loves the baby. That just makes it harder.

Nyota de la star- yeah I've seen the whole family. her mother is real light skin. She is 1/4 white. Her father is creole. He is very light too. I know what your saying about black families not all looking the same. It sounds cliche to say this but I have been around black families all my life for real.

on_line.gif
DoubleJs07- I don't suspect her of stepping out. Weve never had an issue with that. We were together for about 1 1/2 years before she got pregnant. But I dont put nothin past nobody. We never had anything come up about that and Im not the type of dude that worries about that if nothing compels me to.
You may not be "worried" per-say, but there are PLENTY of trust issues in your relationship if at this point you aren't 100% sure the child is yours. That's gotta be the worst feeling in the world if you look at your kid everyday and wonder if it's actually yours. That's has to burn.

Personally I wouldn't be with anyone that I couldn't trust. This is a big issue, and for your own peace of mind, you need a resolution. She may get insulted that you are even going to ask her this...but if she's 100% telling the truth, maybe she can see past your insecurities and take the test.

you have a great girl and need to put a ring on that immediately if she can move on from that w/o giving you hell
laugh.gif

Yes, it is possible. I've seen it on several occasions.
Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

Black families are not like other families where everyone looks alike...
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by GTEK

ponson02 wrote:
If you need to ask what good hair is then you are not a person I am seeking an opinion from. Im not trying to argue the whole good hair thing here anyway. Im just asking if it is possible for my daughter to have features that favor african americans more than her mother.
The dominant gene my man.
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

mytmouse76- for real. If I could pull that off Iwould definitely wife her.

Russ tha G - I considered that too. I figure ifshes not mine time will tell. You cant hide that. But right now I feel like it may be too early to jump the gun.

Its just been on my mind lately. And if she is mine Im tryin to settle down and be a family. I just cant do it like this.

Originally Posted by Tony Starks

Originally Posted by GTEK

ponson02 wrote:
If you need to ask what good hair is then you are not a person I am seeking an opinion from. Im not trying to argue the whole good hair thing here anyway. Im just asking if it is possible for my daughter to have features that favor african americans more than her mother.
The dominant gene my man.
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

you never know, especially if the kid is really young

when my uncle was a kid he had blonde curly hair and it darkened over time to black.. idk how, but then again i dont know the first thing about genetics.
good point. i had freckles growing up, and those seemingly disappeared as I aged. that dominate feature was not present in any of my family. butnow I look like the rest of them
laugh.gif
. Calling into play early on is veryvery tough as kids change daily

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
I meant in terms of skin complexion mostly
And you still think that makes sense?

I was just wondering. Is it possible for our child to have darker skin and coarser hair than her mother?
laugh.gif
ya its very possible fam. but like someone else said youcan jus get the paternity test on the low and answer all questions

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
I meant in terms of skin complexion mostly
And you still think that makes sense?

What doesn't make sense? The black families part or the not like other families part?
I probably shouldn't have said the latter
grin.gif

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ........... So you're saying that her mother is mixed with the gene pool of her mother being anywhere from 25% to 50% African which couldbe even less if we're talking about African Americans
And I take it that you have strong caucasian features .............. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
32.jpg

If I were you I'd get this popping asap
paternity-test.jpg

But speaking on genetics, its best you get a complete grasp on as many members of her family and possible yours as you possibly can as test cases ... The mostalarming part is not really her hair but her complexion ... that's what I would be comparing right now ... if she's not a lot darker than her motherthen you can't really use that as a case but if we're talking about the difference between Stephon Curry and Mutumbo or Sam Dalembert then get thosegloves ready
Also using my fam as a main example from birth to adulthood we tend to be born quite fairskinned and in some cases "red boned" but as we age thereare family members that have gone from S. Curry to Mutombo status but in all the cases the reverse has NEVER happened .. However skin tone does vary accordingto season, meaning darker in summer, lighter in late fall and winter .. so you have to account for all of that making sure there's a huge difference bet.moms and daughter
As some have stated when dealing with African Americans and genetics it can be a crap shoot if you're going from an eyeball perspective but there usuallyare trails so to speak, so again get a full grasp of the spectrum of her family members so you can get a better grasp

^^^^^^^^^^
yeah I have alot of frieinds who became darker over the years but never reverse. The thing that makes me question is the fact that her legs are very dark. Herbutt is very dark too. Like a dark skin person. I mean completely dark. But her upper torso and face are a light brown color. I dont know. People around townhave made comments gossiping and it has gotten back to me. I don't play into that stuff, but the same things I hear are the same things I was alreadythinking to myself. I have a very pale complexion. I just thought she would be somewhere in between me and her mother. There are other factors but I cantreally get into all that.

When she was first born her ears were real black. Her grandmother even said "that baby's black" My girlfriend confronted her about it. Shechangeded it up and said "I didn't mean like race. I just meant she was real dark"

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

good hair

c4435715e47797eea92926f3edf7bb930e42f69.gif
Werd.

OP watch Chris Rock's Good Hair movie and then get back to us on that topic. As far as paternity if you are really concerned then get a DNA test. If youhave no reason to think she cheated other than the child looks more black than you think she should I dont know if I would open that can of worms.

^^^^^^^^^^
People around town have made comments gossiping and it has gotten back to me.
When she was first born her ears were real black. Her grandmother even said "that baby's black" My girlfriend confronted her about it. She changeded it up and said "I didn't mean like race. I just meant she was real dark"

nerd.gif

if you truly believe that there is a chance that the baby is not yours i would get a test on the DL before your daughter gets any older i also have a bi-racialson and i questioned from time to time so i had it done at birth saved me 18 years of peace of mind

ok. I had the blood test done Monday. The results came back that I am not the father
eek.gif
frown.gif

Ol girl is pissed. Shes sayin that Im a coward for goin behind her back and gettin a test. She is claiming that the test is wrong and that she will get metaken off the birth certificate Monday. I told her that if the test is wrong we need to get thid figured out and that since she is really just talkin crazy theonly way we can communicate is through lawers and courts. I told her I will look into getting a court ordered test and that we will take it from there, Theonly reason I am even sayin this is because I know I will need one anyway as far as getting off the birth certificate is concerned

The only thing im trippin on is how she is saying the paternity test is wrong and puttin it off on me. She says that i am a coward and that this is what Iwanted. Basically he is not owning up to nothing. I guess I just have to get another one done through the courts.

At least you're finding out now. You wouldn't want to find out your are not the father18 years later.

Back
Top Bottom