Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You want to pick on russ? Put your PG in some PNR action and watch him die.

And to keep it a buck, team defense >>> individual defense

Preach....

Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius and @Rollinwithangel low key hate Steph Curry :lol:

I know exactly why too. It's not all basketball related. Some to do with attention, some to do with perception of Steph, some to do with people saying Steph had a better year last year than LeBron. Some to do with what they feel as "Steph not getting enough slander".....and some other stuff with how they "view" Steph as "soft", "privileged" etc

It's interesting to see :lol:.

Y'all REALLY want to talk about defense and Russell Westbrook?

:lol:

View media item 2384675
Riiiight.

By ya'll logic last year Harden, Kawhi, Wall and Russ have all passed up Steph.

Steph getting back into form. He ain't stepping aside for KD again :lol:

He'll have no choice. KD is the better player.

maybe in true terms, but everybody knows the warriors will only go as far as Wardell will take them. He goes, they go. KD has to compliment Steph. But steph has to be the aggressor. He is still the most important player on the roster.

maybe in true terms, but everybody knows the warriors will only go as far as Wardell will take them. He goes, they go. KD has to compliment Steph. But steph has to be the aggressor. He is still the most important player on the roster.

Not at all. KD does way more and is a key cog defensively as well.

Collector you ain't no goon bruh so relax. I know dudes who use to eat yo lunch. You'll be the first dude we smack then we'll pick you up and carry you around the club and just pass you around. You lil mans. Punch you in the chest and watch tears fall from your eyes slowly. Think you tough? Try me bruh. I'm
Everywhere.

Not at all. KD does way more and is a key cog defensively as well.

He does more, I agree, but all of the players, KD himself, the analysts and the warriors reporters, Ros included, all said Steph has to be himself and not play down to accommodate KD. They all said that he is the piece that makes them go. When KD eats, KD eats. When Curry eats, then comes the gravity, then everybody eats. When he's hot, the defense cannot adjust quick enough to find him on the floor and then whomever else he'll pass it to. We saw it all last year, but then were reminded again over the last 8 games.

Collector you ain't no goon bruh so relax. I know dudes who use to eat yo lunch. You'll be the first dude we smack then we'll pick you up and carry you around the club and just pass you around. You lil mans. Punch you in the chest and watch tears fall from your eyes slowly. Think you tough? Try me bruh. I'm
Everywhere.

Sounding like a prison booty goon.

Everywhere.

Sounding like a prison booty goon.

my man Fleece Johnson would like a word with you.

not a narrative i'm creating...i don't care to "pull receipts" but in that bron vs steph thread alone this strong arm MVP robbery was stated PLENTY of times

Yep, in that same thread you were going back and forth with me on me saying Bron was a Better defender than curry, I just went back and read some of your comments :smh:

@WavyCrocket was in there talking bout people not knowing and understanding basketball just because we realize Bron is a better defender. **** was comical to read.

You guys should go back and read yalls comments defending stephs defense and putting it on par with lebron

At wavy calling me a steph hater when the correct props were always given...

Steph is a legend and the greatest shooter of alltime, I'm not one to deny that. He also deserved mvp this year. I'm not one to deny that either. He's also top 3 in the league and if someone disagrees they're just being a blind hater.

But like I said bron is easily the better all around player. That's my only argument here and if anyone disagrees I probably won't take anymore opinions seriously,
I mean come on....

it was not far fetched to make defensive comparisons between the two last year...there is no denying that lebron is a great defender...when he wants to be. dude has been food on defense the past two seasons

and when it comes to on-ball defense, which seems to overshadow any other metric used to measure defensive rating, how often is bron guarding the ball handler??

Last edited:
Bron been an inflated defender his whole career. Made a name off what he did to Rose. Which is also mostly a myth. and Haslem doesn't get nearly enough credit for his help defense on Rose when Bron got beat off the dribble.

Been able to avoid the infinite amount of foul calls he should've garnered.
Bron went what, like 6 games without a single foul call or something at one point :lol:

And has been cooked by elite offensive guys for as long as I can remember.

Stop gassing this guys defense b. He's big, he's strong, but he's mostly eaten from playing the passing lanes. Dude wasn't out here tony allening people b.

Last edited:
Bron been an inflated defender his whole career. Made a name off what he did to Rose. Which is also mostly a myth. and Haslem doesn't get nearly enough credit for his help defense on Rose when Bron got beat off the dribble.

Bron went what, like 6 games without a single foul call or something at one point :lol:

Stop gassing this guys defense b. He's big, he's strong, but he's mostly eaten from playing the passing lanes. Dude wasn't out here tony allening people b.

It's the passing lanes and the chase down blocks that garnered his reputation of being a "great defender". I remember countless times Hubie Brown calling him out or pointing out when he's missed a defensive assignment.

LeBron isn't on a superstar level of defense as Kobe or MJ was. But I think it's unfair to say he's a poor defender. I'd say he's above average, but not elite in any sense.

Bron went what, like 6 games without a single foul call or something at one point
laugh.gif

6 time all defensive player not great at defense 
mean.gif

Last edited:

It's the passing lanes and the chase down blocks that garnered his reputation of being a "great defender". I remember countless times Hubie Brown calling him out or pointing out when he's missed a defensive assignment.

LeBron isn't on a superstar level of defense as Kobe or MJ was. But I think it's unfair to say he's a poor defender. I'd say he's above average, but not elite in any sense.
:rofl:

Bron went what, like 6 games without a single foul call or something at one point
laugh.gif

roll.gif
I mean Kobe did make all defense 12 times... that **** crazy 
laugh.gif

not a narrative i'm creating...i don't care to "pull receipts" but in that bron vs steph thread alone this strong arm MVP robbery was stated PLENTY of times

Yep, in that same thread you were going back and forth with me on me saying Bron was a Better defender than curry, I just went back and read some of your comments :smh:

@WavyCrocket was in there talking bout people not knowing and understanding basketball just because we realize Bron is a better defender. **** was comical to read.

You guys should go back and read yalls comments defending stephs defense and putting it on par with lebron

At wavy calling me a steph hater when the correct props were always given...

Steph is a legend and the greatest shooter of alltime, I'm not one to deny that. He also deserved mvp this year. I'm not one to deny that either. He's also top 3 in the league and if someone disagrees they're just being a blind hater.

But like I said bron is easily the better all around player. That's my only argument here and if anyone disagrees I probably won't take anymore opinions seriously,
I mean come on....

I don't get it. :lol:

I've called Steph the best shooter ever, said I like watching him play, never took anything away from his MVP's but Ima hater cuz I ain't jump on the "He's a better player than Lebron" bandwagon and I point out that he's food on defense.

Ya'll pick dudes apart all the time but oh no don't point a flaw with Steph. :smh: :lol:

:rofl:
I mean Kobe did make all defense 12 times... that **** crazy :lol:

Makes it even funnier to discredit Brons when dude robbed Wade a few times over the years :lol:

Last edited:
Y'all always arguing whose the better defender, shooter, rebounder etc. just look at the 2k ratings. They're pretty accurate.

I find it hilarious how people love to bring up the Cavs going at Curry on defense, and completely gloss over the fact that much of the reason the Dubs were winning 3-1 was because they attacked Kyrie the first four games and shot like 70% on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom