Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[table][tr][td]
GOLDENSTATE_3.PNG
 Warriors
Kevin Durant-F[/td][/tr][tr][td]Wed, 29 Mar 2017 03:02:00 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kevin Durant (knee) will be re-evaluated in 7-10 days. 
src:  Warriors[/td][/tr][/table]

Collector you ain't no goon bruh so relax. I know dudes who use to eat yo lunch. You'll be the first dude we smack then we'll pick you up and carry you around the club and just pass you around. You lil mans. Punch you in the chest and watch tears fall from your eyes slowly. Think you tough? Try me bruh. I'm
Everywhere.

View media item 2384705

hahaha i feel like you legit slo mo laughed reading that. like 'heh, yea ok my *****'

I find it hilarious how people love to bring up the Cavs going at Curry on defense, and completely gloss over the fact that much of the reason the Dubs were winning 3-1 was because they attacked Kyrie the first four games and shot like 70% on him.

That was discussed. People was killing Kyrie, some dudes was saying he ain't even a top 10 PG.

But the final result will always get talked more and the finale result was Steph got punished.

I find it hilarious how people love to bring up the Cavs going at Curry on defense, and completely gloss over the fact that much of the reason the Dubs were winning 3-1 was because they attacked Kyrie the first four games and shot like 70% on him.

Do people talk about Kyrie being a good defender? Everyone knows he's food on that end.

LeBron isn't on a superstar level of defense as Kobe or MJ was.

:rofl:
:stoneface: thats fact though. These guys were going at the best wing offensive players ever night. Bron never had good man to man defensive instincts. Dude would bite on hesi's and pump fakes and cross overs like crazy.

The narrative was always that bron can guard 1-5. That was always hogwash. Maybe the 3 & 4 sure, some of them. But not elite 2s, def not elite 1s, and he was foooooood on 5s.

Last edited:
That was discussed. People was killing Kyrie, some dudes was saying he ain't even a top 10 PG.

But the final result will always get talked more and the finale result was Steph got punished.

He's not. Steph got punished is hyperbole.

Do people talk about Kyrie being a good defender? Everyone knows he's food on that end.

Nah, I agree. I just find the selectiveness funny. The same way I think it was smart of the warriors to do, it's smart to make Steph work on defense. In the end, the numbers hold true that Kyrie is not a good defender, which is why I referenced that percentage, and Steph isn't terrible.

It's the passing lanes and the chase down blocks that garnered his reputation of being a "great defender". I remember countless times Hubie Brown calling him out or pointing out when he's missed a defensive assignment.

LeBron isn't on a superstar level of defense as Kobe or MJ was. But I think it's unfair to say he's a poor defender. I'd say he's above average, but not elite in any sense.

Kobe? Really?

It's the passing lanes and the chase down blocks that garnered his reputation of being a "great defender". I remember countless times Hubie Brown calling him out or pointing out when he's missed a defensive assignment.

LeBron isn't on a superstar level of defense as Kobe or MJ was. But I think it's unfair to say he's a poor defender. I'd say he's above average, but not elite in any sense.

Kobe? Really?

kobe wasnt an insane defender in his prime? Don't let the later years fool you. dude was putting clamps on people in his younger days.

Nah, I agree. I just find the selectiveness funny. The same way I think it was smart of the warriors to do, it's smart to make Steph work on defense. In the end, the numbers hold true that Kyrie is not a good defender, which is why I referenced that percentage, and Steph isn't terrible.

At the end of day neither one e'm are good defenders but only one gets called a good defender (or was called one til he got cooked in finals).

Last edited:

At the end of day neither one e'm are good defenders but only one gets called a good defender (or was called one til he got cooked in finals).

does getting cooked by kyrie make you a bad defender though? Kyrie one of the best offensive players in the game. Who can guard him?

kobe wasnt an insane defender in his prime? Don't let the later years fool you. dude was putting clamps on people in his younger days.

Insane? No.

Maybe for stretches, but he really only played defense like that until like 2000, 2001. srs. When Phil Jackson had him hounding opposing lead guards when he was in the backcourt with Ron Harper and ****.

After that it was extremely selective. At least from the eye test.

does getting cooked by kyrie make you a bad defender though? Kyrie one of the best offensive players in the game. Who can guard him?

It ain't just that. Steph has never been a good defender.

Exactly my point. That's just not true. There's absolutely nothing that backs this narrative. Steph is absolutely not anywhere near a bad defender. Even when he had an abnormally bad series last year, he still was not bad by the numbers. It's just not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom