Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard on the radio again. "Sources"

Lebron would much rather lose in the East then get to the Finals and lose.

Assuming they would lose. He still loves his chances to win...

Whatever that means.
He's had it with NT slandering him for losing in Finals rather than to not make it at all

Nice for him to say this seeing how this is the most competition he's had since the Celtics 
eyes.gif

He know what it is.

I'm listening to His And Her and Micheal Smith just picked the Wizards to make the finals. He picked the Jets to make the SB this year so... :lol:

I hope we get Cavs/Wizards in the conference finals though, that would the most entertaining east series in a long time. That game they played in DC this year is the game of the year.

Last edited:
If CLE had to go through Miami, TOR and BOS or WASH that'd be pretty lit tbh

Only weak teams are ATL and INDY

Last edited:
he prolly the type of dude who shows up to a DC bar with face point and a wizards logo razered into his haircut only to be disappointed when he finds out he's been banned on game days.

:rofl:

i think russ is going to win mvp. my only gripe is:

in 14-15 when curry won, harden and curry had pretty similar numbers but curry won because a large part of the discussion was steph leading his team to more wins, despite harden leading the lesser cast of characters to the 2 seed in the west.

this year, harden is leading his team to more wins, despite russ leading a "lesser cast" of characters to the 6 seed in the west.

The okc and gsw game from last season might've been the best nba game I've seen in a long time. It replaced the kobe vs raptors game as my recent fsvorite.

in 14-15 when curry won, harden and curry had pretty similar numbers but curry won because a large part of the discussion was steph leading his team to more wins, despite harden leading the lesser cast of characters to the 2 seed in the west.

this year, harden is leading his team to more wins, despite russ leading a "lesser cast" of characters to the 6 seed in the west.

While I think Harden should win, and should have won two years ago, the difference in your comparison is Steph led his team to the best record in the NBA. If Harden had the Rockets at #1 this wouldn't even be a discussion.

Games like last night fool casual fans. I definitely think Russ is ahead in the race now because he struggled to beat the Orlando Magic. That's how things seem to work, unfortunately.

I don't think he'll win it. But it seems like the media narrative with him changes every game. They get blasted by Houston & GSW, and there's nothing. He records 3d's & wins against Philly & Orlando, and the MVP train starts back up.

If they hit 50, he'll probably get it. They have 31 losses now and still have to play Spurs, Rockets, Bucks, @Den, Den, @Mem, @Minny. So 50 and thus the MVP seems unlikely. James is probably gonna finish 10+ games ahead of him in the standings.

Last edited:
Man lookin back at it... how did I not even expect this from Beastbrook this year? ***** was hittin dem folks to Uzi in a Jordan commercial 
mean.gif
pimp.gif
. That's how you know you the **** 
laugh.gif

It's still absurd to me that Russ is even in the discussion but I guess it makes for 'good' TV. I just smh every time I see the media debate co MVP or have LeBron in the race with little to no mention of kawhi

While I think Harden should win, and should have won two years ago, the difference in your comparison is Steph led his team to the best record in the NBA. If Harden had the Rockets at #1 this wouldn't even be a discussion.

Games like last night fool casual fans. I definitely think Russ is ahead in the race now because he struggled to beat the Orlando Magic. That's how things seem to work, unfortunately.

i think the steph point is fair. they won 67 games. but steph also had klay, barnes, draymond, bogut, iggy. harden had beverly, ariza, josh smith, corey brewer (dwight was hurt most of the year) etc. harden took that team to 3rd best record in the entire nba, 2nd seed in the west, and largely was doing it himself. not to take anything away from steph, his numbers were just as good and probably more efficient.

my argument now is that russ, while putting up godly numbers, isn't translating to wins. and it's not that dipo, kanter, adams, gibson etc aren't good. they have talent. and they only have 43 wins right now, good for 6th in the west.

I don't think he'll win it. But it seems like the media narrative with him changes every game. They get blasted by Houston & GSW, and there's nothing. He records 3d's against Philly & Orlando, and the MVP train starts back up.

If they hit 50, he'll probably get it. They have 31 losses now and still have to play Spurs, Rockets, Bucks, @Den, Den, @Mem, @Minny. So 50 and thus the MVP seems unlikely. James is probably gonna finish 10+ games ahead of him in the standings.

this also bothers me. seeing people say "i was unsure, but now it's over!" really? because his team was down 20 to the 4th worst team in the league and he brought them back? that's what sealed the MVP?

No respect is a bit harsh :lol:

Definitely not favorite player to watch... And I'm sure he's not very fun to play against it either :lol:

But what he's doing is working really well...

Last edited:
Am I the only one who doesn't respect Harden?

His flopping for fouls is OD

can't stand that ****. every time he drives the lane and misses or gets stripped bruh just throws his hands in the air like he's at an outkast show

how much of hardens' scoring and assist numbers are facilitated by the fact that defenders can't play up on him. someone said "don't reach" but if you watch the foul calls he gets, a lot of times he's just crashing into the defender's body looking for contact. "effective" is one way of explaining it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom