Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Struggling to beat the fourth worst team in the league has settled the MVP debate in the eyes of the media. What a time.

Sucks that we gotta wait until June to see who the MVP will be. This will go on forever.

I can't wait until this is over. Cause I like Russell Westbrook, this mvp stuff is just crazy to me.

absolutely. here's why:

russ wasn't struggling to beat the 4th worse team in the league, the Thunder were. So it shows how bad the team actually is. And his statline shows just how much he had to contribute to get a victory. Dude drops 57-13-11 and they only win by 8..in OT..to the 4th worst team in the league. When it's one man doing the lion's share of the work, it doesn't matter how bad the competition is. It's still him vs them, and they're all nba players.

Steph doesnt even need to drive to get people open shots though 
laugh.gif

He crosses halfcourt and raises his arms above his head and you got like 2 open people already 
laugh.gif

At the end of the day, based on the performances of both Wall and Curry they're both Tier 1 PG's. Can we end this debate please? Cause clearly Wizards gonna lose in the playoffs then its just gonna wreak havoc in here but we can't take away what Wall has done this season with the team that he has. Shoutout Beal, shoutout Otto.

They lost to 1 seeds both years?
That supposed to be a bad thing?

Just know, I respect/love how you fully understand NOT blaming star players for their teams losing to teams they are supposed to lose to. You don't understand how often people in this thread DON'T get that.

I salute you

No bull

Not even worth trying man. Curry will win every debate in here because the narratives constantly change with him in comparison to others.

Warriors 6-0 when Curry has 10 or more assist but it's better for the team if he's off ball. Makes no damn sense but that's the logic I'm up against.

HOW? Wall resurrected Ariza. Made Humphries, Gooden and Jason Smith deep threats shooting. Otto is the best 3 point shooter percentage wise. That's impact. He drives and gets people open shots 82 games a year. THATS IMPACT. Wall impacts the game on defense which Curry doesn't do every night.

I really don't understand this Curry phenomenon. It's a irrational love of a guy to the point of making him a basketball figure the likes of MJ even fails to compare to.

I gotta agree with all this.

At the end of the day, based on the performances of both Wall and Curry they're both Tier 1 PG's. Can we end this debate please? Cause clearly Wizards gonna lose in the playoffs then its just gonna wreak havoc in here but we can't take away what Wall has done this season with the team that he has. Shoutout Beal, shoutout Otto.
Came here to say this. They are on the same tier.

Westbrook
Curry
Wall
CP3 (When Healthy)

No point in this argument.

You CAN make a claim for either side, depending on what YOU prefer in a PG

Just know, I respect/love how you fully understand NOT blaming star players for their teams losing to teams they are supposed to lose to. You don't understand how often people in this thread DON'T get that.

I salute you

No bull
OoOoweeeee so what happens if/when they lose to a 6 seed? 

Not even worth trying man. Curry will win every debate in here because the narratives constantly change with him in comparison to others.

Warriors 6-0 when Curry has 10 or more assist but it's better for the team if he's off ball. Makes no damn sense but that's the logic I'm up against.

They won a damn championship ship, 73 games and came within a minute of repeating since Steph Curry has been moved off the ball.

You simply don't understand basketball man :lol:. You making John Wall fans look bad :smh:

Before Draymond blew up
Before Bogut was on the roster
Before Klay was Klay
Before Steve Kerr put Curry off the ball
Before Iggy was on the roster
Before Livingston was on the roster.....
When Mark Jackson was the coach.....

Steph Curry was averaging 23/8/4 in the playoffs....upset a 56 win team....and pushed the Spurs to 6 games.

Y'all seem to forget Curry giving 44pts to the Spurs in game 1 back in 2013?

I don't think ***** realize just how much of the Warriors success is because of HIM.

Steph is one of a handful of players that you can put on almost any team and get 50 wins. He's done it before.

sir. you. make. too. much. damn. sense!!!!

OoOoweeeee so what happens if/when they lose to a 6 seed? 
In the East, everyone NOT Cleveland is essentially the same. Me personally, wouldn't be SHOCKED if anyone beats anyone else (Not named CLE).

But I get what you are saying.
So how do you say this followed by "Just know, I respect/love how you fully understand NOT blaming star players for their teams losing to teams they are supposed to lose to. You don't understand how often people in this thread DON'T get that.

I salute you

No bull"

mean.gif

Struggling to beat the fourth worst team in the league has settled the MVP debate in the eyes of the media. What a time.

Sucks that we gotta wait until June to see who the MVP will be. This will go on forever.

I can't wait until this is over. Cause I like Russell Westbrook, this mvp stuff is just crazy to me.
absolutely. here's why:

russ wasn't struggling to beat the 4th worse team in the league, the Thunder were. So it shows how bad the team actually is. And his statline shows just how much he had to contribute to get a victory. Dude drops 57-13-11 and they only win by 8..in OT..to the 4th worst team in the league. When it's one man doing the lion's share of the work, it doesn't matter how bad the competition is. It's still him vs them, and they're all nba players.
It doesn't settle it though.

Harden has Portland tonight and GSW tomorrow.

He will be back on top in no time.

This will go on until it's handed out, or actually, it will be over about the time Harden sweeps OKC in the playoffs, that will solidify it.
ohwell.gif

So how do you say this followed by "Just know, I respect/love how you fully understand NOT blaming star players for their teams losing to teams they are supposed to lose to. You don't understand how often people in this thread DON'T get that.

I salute you

No bull"

:smh:
just because you can lose to someone, doesn't mean you should.
if the cavs lose to any east team then that's a failure.
if bron plays good and they lose that isn't his fault.
do you understand?

They won a damn championship ship, 73 games and came within a minute of repeating since Steph Curry has been moved off the ball.

You simply don't understand basketball man :lol:. You making John Wall fans look bad :smh:

Explain to me how a PG could be the best PG in the league if he's better off ball?

THAT MAKES NO SENSE. He's a SHOOTING GUARD.

You make all Wizards fans look bad with your constant Curry slurping. Go support the Warriors. Our fan base doesn't need or want you.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Yall are hacks man. I'm dying over here
roll.gif
 @me wasting 2 reps on those cracks
roll.gif

Last edited:

I salute you

No bull"

mean.gif
just because you can lose to someone, doesn't mean you should.
if the cavs lose to any east team then that's a failure.
if bron plays good and they lose that isn't his fault.
do you understand?
I mean yeah obviously but dudes in here saying "we lost to one seeds back to back years that's bad" idk fam you gotta hold ****** accountable. But that was in the past just kinda ridiculous. Imagine if a player said in a press conference "They were supposed to beat us they were a 1 seed" what kinda soft **** is that  
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Explain to me how a PG could be the best PG in the league if he's better off ball?

THAT MAKES NO SENSE. He's a SHOOTING GUARD.
no warriors offense doesn't allow for someone to dominate the ball and rack up a bunch of assist. Unnecessary when thebBall moves constantly. offenses built like that are much harder to stop then a ball dominant pg offense

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom