Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Gordon Hayward been in his bag lately....
nerd.gif
NT been drunk saying Gordon better but I tried to let yall cook. Gordon had a great game last nite tho

Of course. I was just making an observation about Oubre. He is still young.

Hell, John Wall has become a much more confidence ball-handler over the last few years. I remember the only move he could do was a Hesi into a Cross. Now, he is doing double in-between the legs like his name is Will Bynum.

Was having this discussion in the NBA Thread about John Wall...in regards to Lonzo Ball's "shakies".

While I think being a creative ball handler is innate and can't be learned....getting better at dribble moves and putting together sequences and combos can be learned over time. I think Wall adding more dribble moves in his arsenal opened the game up for him.

Because that OBVIOUS right to left he always did got him nowhere :lol:. Wizards fans that actually watch the games....know this.

Was having this discussion in the NBA Thread about John Wall...in regards to Lonzo Ball's "shakies".

While I think being a creative ball handler is innate and can't be learned....getting better at dribble moves and putting together sequences and combos can be learned over time. I think Wall adding more dribble moves in his arsenal opened the game up for him.

Because that OBVIOUS right to left he always did got him nowhere :lol:. Wizards fans that actually watch the games....know this.
Yea, I never understood how he got folks with that. But of course it is easy for me to say that watching on TV. But the fact that his pull-up from the hesi is there, you HAVE to respect it.

He just looks so confident out there handling the ball lately. It is a sight to see.

I guess I look at trickiness the same way I look at people having the ability to draw. Anyone can LEARN the technique, but some folks just seem to have a more natural grasp on the nuances than others.

hahahahahahahahah 1:20 Mark. PJ Tucker hit Lance with the, "I don't even know who he is."

I like PJ Tucker but he's feeling himself after he got traded for a first round pick :lol:

A lot more people know who Lance Stephenson is than PJ Tucker

WOW at this game.

GG b.

I hate when did all this fighting to come back only to rest our best available players in the overtime :lol: . When Conley went down, I first thought it had to deal with his face fracture from a few seasons ago. :smh: See you guys in Game 1 :pimp:

Kelly Oubre.......

That's a 15/7 guy on good shooting splits and good defense very shortly.....

Pre All-Star break, Otto was looking like he was on the verge of becoming one of the better wings in the East. He's really faded since then and honestly, I'm kinda wavering on whether or not he's that deserving of the max. I think he'll get it from the Wizards, but seeing what Oubre is capable of has got me thinking. For one, I believe that Oubre has turned himself into one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. His length gives opposing 1s/2s fits. The only think holding him back right now is consistency on the offensive end of the floor. With Wall being his PG, Oubre will benefit from PLENTY of open looks. It's just on him to make the shots. The kid puts in work, so I know he'll come back even better next season with his shot. Another area for him to work on is his ability to finish near the rim. That will come with experience. He's only 21, but it's easy to see why he was so highly coveted by the Wizards. 15/7 by the time he's 23 isn't out of the question.

Speaking of Otto, he's improved every year he's been in the league. Even with him getting the max, I think he'll still be a valuable trade asset. If Oubre is breathing down his neck, which i think he will be, the decision to move Porter probably won't be as hard as it seems.

Kelly Oubre.......

Pre All-Star break, Otto was looking like he was on the verge of becoming one of the better wings in the East. He's really faded since then and honestly, I'm kinda wavering on whether or not he's that deserving of the max. I think he'll get it from the Wizards, but seeing what Oubre is capable of has got me thinking. For one, I believe that Oubre has turned himself into one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. His length gives opposing 1s/2s fits. The only think holding him back right now is consistency on the offensive end of the floor. With Wall being his PG, Oubre will benefit from PLENTY of open looks. It's just on him to make the shots. The kid puts in work, so I know he'll come back even better next season with his shot. Another area for him to work on is his ability to finish near the rim. That will come with experience. He's only 21, but it's easy to see why he was so highly coveted by the Wizards. 15/7 by the time he's 23 isn't out of the question.

Speaking of Otto, he's improved every year he's been in the league. Even with him getting the max, I think he'll still be a valuable trade asset. If Oubre is breathing down his neck, which i think he will be, the decision to move Porter probably won't be as hard as it seems.
My, my, my, my, my , my, my 

Boooah weren't you the on saying Otto was better than PG? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

For this CURRENT Wizards squad, Otto is a perfect fit.

Bench is the only major issue with this team. All 5 starters are having career years.

How much better would Paul George make this team than Otto...especially with the bench still sucking.

Bamma, u just flappin ur gums with NOTHING other than "I told u so" to back up ur argument.

Never once did I say that Otto Porter had a better career than Paul George. The stance I'm taking is that a case can be made for Otto being better than PG THIS season. Simple as that.

Folks like you don't want to admit that Paul George is overrated, possibly getting by off his name/rep, when there are probably 5-7 other 3 in the NBA playing better. Dudes wanna make jokes about Otto noting being in the top-30, but is Paul George? C'mon son...dude morphing from a star player to Rudy Gay right before our eyes.

:nerd:

That Lance pic was from when he wasn't on a team earlier this year iirc,still funny after last night :lol:

Wouldn't mind seeing both teams play each other in the playoffs again

Otto Horry came all the way back to life.

Negative player in March, league average from 3. And his April isn't off to a great start

Bench is the only major issue with this team. All 5 starters are having career years.

How much better would Paul George make this team than Otto...especially with the bench still sucking.

Bamma, u just flappin ur gums with NOTHING other than "I told u so" to back up ur argument.

Never once did I say that Otto Porter had a better career than Paul George. The stance I'm taking is that a case can be made for Otto being better than PG THIS season. Simple as that.

Folks like you don't want to admit that Paul George is overrated, possibly getting by off his name/rep, when there are probably 5-7 other 3 in the NBA playing better. Dudes wanna make jokes about Otto noting being in the top-30, but is Paul George? C'mon son...dude morphing from a star player to Rudy Gay right before our eyes.

:nerd:

Gimme the receipts on the date I said that. Thanks.

Pre All-star break?

[draymond green] YUP [/draymond green]

Last edited:

nerd.gif
Gimme the receipts on the date I said that. Thanks.
roll.gif
 You right you didn't say he was better... you said he was just as good 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Last edited:

Kelly Oubre.......

My, my, my, my, my , my, my 

View media item 2393591

Boooah weren't you the on saying Otto was better than PG? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pre all-star break a case could be made...how is that hard to understand?

No matter how "poorly" PG was playing this year, we shouldn't have questioned him being Top 30 after a slower start this year.

I just wish folks stopped treated player rankings as power rankings. Meaning, folks moving in and out of Top 10/20/30 after a few weeks or months worth of solid/subpar work.

PG has a RESUME. Years of Service. HHe can't drop out of the Top 30 that easily

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom