Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'd like to see him do it for more than a season before crowning him. And y'all still being disrespectful.

What he's doing now isn't a massive jump from what he was previously doing, which is why the parallel with Otto doesn't work.

It's not unfathomable that Hayward can keep this up. Shooting a little better from the line, a bit better from 3 but he was billed as a shooter coming out so that's not shocking. His raw & advanced numbers merely took a small leap. He's entering his prime & has good physical tools so this isn't overly surprising.

Otto on the other hand transformed into one of the best 3 point shooters in the league and was splashing from every spot on the court. His entire shot chart was green at one point in the season. PER, TS, eFG exploded as a result.

Lance Stephenson was asked what sort of response he expected to receive when he took the floor at Bankers Life Fieldhouse to begin his second tour of duty in Indianapolis. He offered an eyebrow-raising response.

“It’s gonna probably be like Michael Jordan coming back to play in the NBA or something like that,” he said. “Somebody coming out of retirement. I know the atmosphere’s going to be crazy.”

On one hand, that seemed like an awfully high bar to set. This is, after all, a player who turned down a five-year, $44 million offer to leave Indianapolis of his own accord in free agency, and whose exit helped hasten the decline of a Pacers team that had made consecutive Eastern Conference finals. Not to mention one who had seen his career crater since his departure, as he turned in perhaps the worst shooting season in NBA history to prompt a trade away from Carolina that kickstarted a nomadic romp through four teams in less than two seasons prior to returning to the embrace of once-and-future benefactor Larry Bird.

On the other … well, the man was right:

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

this was really cool...you can tell he means something to indy fans and obviously they are giving him a second chance with his career

raptors are way too sensitive like you're a pro athlete ...you get paid to play till 0:00

Kelly Oubre.......

That's a 15/7 guy on good shooting splits and good defense very shortly.....

Pre All-Star break, Otto was looking like he was on the verge of becoming one of the better wings in the East. He's really faded since then and honestly, I'm kinda wavering on whether or not he's that deserving of the max. I think he'll get it from the Wizards, but seeing what Oubre is capable of has got me thinking. For one, I believe that Oubre has turned himself into one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. His length gives opposing 1s/2s fits. The only think holding him back right now is consistency on the offensive end of the floor. With Wall being his PG, Oubre will benefit from PLENTY of open looks. It's just on him to make the shots. The kid puts in work, so I know he'll come back even better next season with his shot. Another area for him to work on is his ability to finish near the rim. That will come with experience. He's only 21, but it's easy to see why he was so highly coveted by the Wizards. 15/7 by the time he's 23 isn't out of the question.

Speaking of Otto, he's improved every year he's been in the league. Even with him getting the max, I think he'll still be a valuable trade asset. If Oubre is breathing down his neck, which i think he will be, the decision to move Porter probably won't be as hard as it seems.
An Oubre/Bojan combo is better than paying Otto all that money...after the trade it really showed you that the Wiz will be just fine having anybody that tries on defense and can hit open 3's at the 3 spot as long as Wall and Beall are in the lineup

Lance Stephenson was asked what sort of response he expected to receive when he took the floor at Bankers Life Fieldhouse to begin his second tour of duty in Indianapolis. He offered an eyebrow-raising response.

“It’s gonna probably be like Michael Jordan coming back to play in the NBA or something like that,” he said. “Somebody coming out of retirement. I know the atmosphere’s going to be crazy.”

On one hand, that seemed like an awfully high bar to set. This is, after all, a player who turned down a five-year, $44 million offer to leave Indianapolis of his own accord in free agency, and whose exit helped hasten the decline of a Pacers team that had made consecutive Eastern Conference finals. Not to mention one who had seen his career crater since his departure, as he turned in perhaps the worst shooting season in NBA history to prompt a trade away from Carolina that kickstarted a nomadic romp through four teams in less than two seasons prior to returning to the embrace of once-and-future benefactor Larry Bird.

On the other … well, the man was right:

this was really cool...you can tell he means something to indy fans and obviously they are giving him a second chance with his career

raptors are way too sensitive like you're a pro athlete ...you get paid to play till 0:00

with how PJ's actin you would think lance slept with his girl and slapped his mom. like bruh, this is professional sports, people get paid to get buckets

"Tasteless," Tucker said, per Vigilant Sports' Scott Agness. "Classless. There's nowhere in the league for that.

An Oubre/Bojan combo is better than paying Otto all that money...after the trade it really showed you that the Wiz will be just fine having anybody that tries on defense and can hit open 3's at the 3 spot as long as Wall and Beall are in the lineup

how much longer can every above average starter get max money? in a few years teams are going to be tapped out right?

PJ Tucker came off like a *****, he needs to apologize. He blew that lay up waaaaaaaay out of proportion..

Last edited:
C8pbz8rVoAEUaSu.jpg

That same logic should be applied to comparing Paul George to Gordon Hayward too, no? Even though their usage has been similar this year. Y'all better put some respek on that man's name. PG13 been doing this for a minute.

Haywards numbers the last 3 years:

'14-15: 19/5/4 on 45/36/81 splits
'15-16: 20/5/4 on 43/35/82 splits
'16-17: 22/6/4 on 46/39/85 splits

It's not like he JUST made a leap. He's been trending towards this for a while....and the gap between him and then "Paul George" wasn't huge.

Now, Hayward has surpassed "Black Gordon Hayward" this season.

Not comparable to Otto Pippen and The BGH13 convo

Haywards numbers the last 3 years:

'14-15: 19/5/4 on 45/36/81 splits
'15-16: 20/5/4 on 43/35/82 splits
'16-17: 22/6/4 on 46/39/85 splits

It's not like he JUST made a leap. He's been trending towards this for a while....and the gap between him and then "Paul George" wasn't huge.

Now, Hayward has surpassed "Black Gordon Hayward" this season.

Not comparable to Otto Pippen and The BGH13 convo

PG13 is at 23/7/3 on 45/39/90 and is still a better defender and has always been. How has Hayward surpassed him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom