Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Oubre.......

That's a 15/7 guy on good shooting splits and good defense very shortly.....
Pre All-Star break, Otto was looking like he was on the verge of becoming one of the better wings in the East. He's really faded since then and honestly, I'm kinda wavering on whether or not he's that deserving of the max. I think he'll get it from the Wizards, but seeing what Oubre is capable of has got me thinking. For one, I believe that Oubre has turned himself into one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. His length gives opposing 1s/2s fits. The only think holding him back right now is consistency on the offensive end of the floor. With Wall being his PG, Oubre will benefit from PLENTY of open looks. It's just on him to make the shots. The kid puts in work, so I know he'll come back even better next season with his shot. Another area for him to work on is his ability to finish near the rim. That will come with experience. He's only 21, but it's easy to see why he was so highly coveted by the Wizards. 15/7 by the time he's 23 isn't out of the question.

Speaking of Otto, he's improved every year he's been in the league. Even with him getting the max, I think he'll still be a valuable trade asset. If Oubre is breathing down his neck, which i think he will be, the decision to move Porter probably won't be as hard as it seems.
My, my, my, my, my , my, my 

Boooah weren't you the on saying Otto was better than PG? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Pre all-star break a case could be made...how is that hard to understand?
I think only Wizards fans said this and could actually make this an argument. It's okay though Otto could resurrect himself in the playoffs. But sheesh life comes at ya fast boah I tell ya

You don't put a player w/ a 30 game sample in the same sentence as a guy with several years worth of games. Especially when that relatively small sample is head & shoulders above what the player previously provided.

It was a silly point from the beginning.

We go from giving him the max, to replacing him with a rookie. Cmon.

Last edited:
But you can't compare a #1 option to a high level role player. Ever.

What's the stat? 97% of his points are assisted?

But we can compare shooting guards to PGs when it's convenient, right?

When does this happen? Comparing primary ball handlers regardless of PG, SG, SF? Fine by me.

Comparing a guy that stands in the corner to someone that wins/losses are dependent on? Nah.

Otto went scoreless one game and the team won. i don't see how you can compare him to black Hayward. And I've been tough on black Hayward too

Been real busy at work the last couple weeks so haven't been able to catch much of the Dubs games excepts for some highlights and the box score. But coach Kerr looking like a real genius with a 12 game win streak after resting his starters for that game vs SA. At this point with the way they are playing they can only beat themselves or the injury bug come playoff time :pimp:

You don't put a player w/ a 30 game sample in the same sentence as a guy with several years worth of games. It was a silly point from the beginning

If we're talking STRICTLY from this season (pre all-star break,) you can.
Its dumb to isolate 30 games out of a 275+ game sample and your first post is exhibit A.

You go from wanting to max him out to now "thinking" about replacing him with a rookie.

You're doing that because now you don't know who exactly he is.

PG has a rough month, we still know who he is because he has several years & playoff runs worth of good-great production. Otto has a rough month, we're ready to replace him with a rookie because he only has 30 games of good production.

That same logic should be applied to comparing Paul George to Gordon Hayward too, no? Even though their usage has been similar this year. Y'all better put some respek on that man's name. PG13 been doing this for a minute.

Pacers have a good shot at moving up to the 6 seed to face the Raptors too. Would love to watch a re-match of last year's series.

That same logic should be applied to comparing Paul George to Gordon Hayward too, no? Even though their usage has been similar this year. Y'all better put some respek on that man's name. PG13 been doing this for a minute.
Exactly. ****** love being ESPN nba fans and being prisoners of the moment. Knowing damn well they wouldn't put that bread up on a Utah Jazz first round advancement 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Hayward's production has barely moved for the past 3 years now.

Not comparable to Otto at all.

It's not outlandish to compare SFs with similar usage and roles. Like I don't care what black Hayward has done in the past when comparing him to white PG during the same season.

Well I'd like to see him do it for more than a season before crowning him. And y'all still being disrespectful.

The OG argument was "what's the difference between PG 13 and Gordon Hayward this season?"

And since it's a lifetime achievement award, I can't say alphabet >>> PG13? We clearly know who is the better player

You don't put a player w/ a 30 game sample in the same sentence as a guy with several years worth of games. It was a silly point from the beginning

If we're talking STRICTLY from this season (pre all-star break,) you can.
Its dumb to isolate 30 games out of a 275+ game sample and your first post is exhibit A.

You go from wanting to max him out to now "thinking" about replacing him with a rookie.

You're doing that because now you don't know who exactly he is.

PG has a rough month, we still know who he is because he has several years & playoff runs worth of good-great production. Otto has a rough month, we're ready to replace him with a rookie because he only has 30 games of good production.

Don't agree with this.

You can't say someone is having just as good or better of a single-season because someone has had a more illustrious career?

Light skin Paul George been struggling for a minute. Meanwhile PG has outplayed Hayward for the ladt several weeks.

Bag, agriculture, respeck, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom