Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly Oubre.......

That's a 15/7 guy on good shooting splits and good defense very shortly.....

Pre All-Star break, Otto was looking like he was on the verge of becoming one of the better wings in the East. He's really faded since then and honestly, I'm kinda wavering on whether or not he's that deserving of the max. I think he'll get it from the Wizards, but seeing what Oubre is capable of has got me thinking. For one, I believe that Oubre has turned himself into one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. His length gives opposing 1s/2s fits. The only think holding him back right now is consistency on the offensive end of the floor. With Wall being his PG, Oubre will benefit from PLENTY of open looks. It's just on him to make the shots. The kid puts in work, so I know he'll come back even better next season with his shot. Another area for him to work on is his ability to finish near the rim. That will come with experience. He's only 21, but it's easy to see why he was so highly coveted by the Wizards. 15/7 by the time he's 23 isn't out of the question.

Speaking of Otto, he's improved every year he's been in the league. Even with him getting the max, I think he'll still be a valuable trade asset. If Oubre is breathing down his neck, which i think he will be, the decision to move Porter probably won't be as hard as it seems.
An Oubre/Bojan combo is better than paying Otto all that money...after the trade it really showed you that the Wiz will be just fine having anybody that tries on defense and can hit open 3's at the 3 spot as long as Wall and Beall are in the lineup

You might be right. They'll have some tough decisions to make because they don't have a lot of flexibility cap wise:

Gortat
Porter
Jennings
Ochefu
Mac
Bobo

Are all guys off the top of my head who can either be used for trade bait or their status w/ the team is unknown past this season...

Gortat/Porter/Bobo are the three huge question marks.

@royceyoung
Post All-Star:
- Harden: 28.9 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 10.9 apg, 44/31/85, Rockets 11-7
- Westbrook: 33.2 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 11.4 apg, 43/34/88, OKC 12-8

@royceyoung
Post All-Star:

Don't think we're allowed to do this. How do the career numbers look?

better than all of these guys?

lebron
kawhi
kd
giannis
AD
jimmy
draymond
Smh that was the homer in me lemme liveeeee

But I really wasn't that serious
laugh.gif
But he definitely should be on this list instead of friggin Draymond Green doe.

Last edited:
@royceyoung
Post All-Star:
Meh, MVP is a totality award.

Those are crazy numbers by Westbrook post all star though. Jesus Christ.

I think Russ deserves it but the beard has a better case for it imo

Just wish they had given dude MVP 2 years ago when he also deserved it so Russ could for sure get his now :lol:,don't know if I'll ever see someone else average a triple double a full season :x :x :x

Last edited:
Is everyone going to switch up on Westbrook when he inevitably leaves okc?

Will his future seasons be considered "falling off" when he doesn't average a triple double going forward?

Streets wanna know.

Don't agree with this.

You can't say someone is having just as good or better of a single-season because someone has had a more illustrious career?
So how exactly are we comparing the two?

Otto's improvement from last year to this year

vs.

PG's last year vs. until the point when you made this thread?

Because if we are looking at RAW production, I am interested in seeing your case for that

Meh, MVP is a totality award.

Those are crazy numbers by Westbrook post all star though. Jesus Christ.
Yes and no. Voters are human and will be swayed from the "what have you done lately" dynamic. Russ' narrative only roars louder with every game...

For instance, when Kobe won MVP.. if CP could have outplayed and won that last regular season game I feel he would have had the award

Last edited:
If he does a punk move like going to a team that just beat him then he gon catch hell.

So if OKC loses to Houston in the first round this year and Westbrook says I want to go play with My buddy James Harden in Houston...you guys are going to turn on him...is that right?

The way Westbrook handled Durant leaving put him in a bad spot moving forward
It will be interesting to see how much he cares about his image and public perception, in the case where he's debating on whether or not to bolt town. I personally think he gives zero dambs and could easily see him moving on

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom