Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russ had KD, Serge, and Harden and reached the Finals

Steph had Klay, Dray, and Iguodala and reached the Finals

Definition of splitting hairs?

Last edited:

Idk man.. it's hard for me personally to say who's "better" between Russ and Steph. Until I see Steph on a team without three all nba players and still lead them to the playoffs I can't say who's better lol
You weren't alive in 2012-2014?
David Lee made all nba dat year famb. He did his thing in 14 but lost first round. I like both just would like to see the roles switched... that would really help settle the debate. 

Last edited:
They're a lottery team without, the narrative is correct
its really not. kanter and oladipo and adams are very good players. adams is in a slump, but u cant forget his entire career in lieu of the past 3 months. oladipo is a solid player as well. kanter is a scoring big man which already puts him in a very exclusive club. gibson isnt a scrub either.

okc is in 6th place with russ. theyd prolly sit in 9th or 10th without him. not lottery.

Norman Powell threw down a windmill dunk with the clock running down in a blowout earlier this year :lol: :lol:

It's just funny to me how last year when Steph was having a all time season it was "He's passed Lebron!". Now Harden and Russ are having all time seasons and it's "But Steph is still better".
Wasn't everybody, definitely wasn't me. Always said Steph was the second best player last year like he still is imo

David Lee made all nba dat year famb. He did his thing in 14 but lost first round. I like both just would like to see the roles switched... that would really help settle the debate. 

Right....and proceeded to play at total of 10pmg in the playoffs and 6 games.....while Steph was LEADING Carl Landry and Jermaine O'Neal frontcourt to an upset on the 3seed.....and pushing the 2013 Spurs to the brink

Harden should have won in 15. Russ should win this year, it's that simple.

Idk man.. it's hard for me personally to say who's "better" between Russ and Steph. Until I see Steph on a team without three all nba players and still lead them to the playoffs I can't say who's better lol
This is also funny to me.

Because prior to June 2015, nobody would have said this. There's this narrative out there that the Golden State Warriors were "stacked" prior to KD's arrival. When they quite literally were considered an "up and coming team" that had just got tossed in the first round in 2014.  It's like people forget that Curry was a 7th pick who extremely exceed expectation, Klay was a late lottery pick who extremely exceeded expectation, and Draymond was a 2nd round pick. He wasn't even a lock to have a roster spot going into his career. They collectively exceed expectation...and suddenly they're this "stacked" team who only win because everyone is good.

It's like if the Utah Jazz suddenly became a 1 seed next year and won the championship...and people start pretending like they should have because they were stacked.

Revisionist history is something else. 

Last edited:

Because prior to June 2015, nobody would have said this. There's this narrative out there that the Golden State Warriors were "stacked" prior to KD's arrival. When they quite literally were considered an "up and coming team" that had just got tossed in the first round the previous year.  It's like people forget that Curry was a 7th pick who extremely exceed expectation, Klay was a late lottery pick who extremely exceeded expectation, and Draymond was a 2nd round pick. He wasn't even a lock to have a roster spot going into his career. They collectively exceed expectation...and suddenly they're this "stacked" team who only win because everyone is good.

It's like if the Utah Jazz suddenly became a 1 seed next year and won the championship...and people start pretending like they should have because they were stacked.

Revisionist history is something else

Wish I could rep a million times

Because prior to June 2015, nobody would have said this. There's this narrative out there that the Golden State Warriors were "stacked" prior to KD's arrival. When they quite literally were considered an "up and coming team" that had just got tossed in the first round in 2014.  It's like people forget that Curry was a 7th pick who extremely exceed expectation, Klay was a late lottery pick who extremely exceeded expectation, and Draymond was a 2nd round pick. He wasn't even a lock to have a roster spot going into his career. They collectively exceed expectation...and suddenly they're this "stacked" team who only win because everyone is good.

Revisionist history is something else. 
Preach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom