Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
26/6/5 in the finals......and your team wins the championship.

Averages 28/6/5 for 21 games in the entire playoffs.

But because some voters decided Iggy deserved Finals MVP because he defended LeBron well (and scored on him)....

"Steph didn't show up"

Not going to argue that Steph wasn't the best player, but had they won that Game 7 Draymond was getting Finals MVP.

Last edited:
My _ you gotta read. I said a superstar, 2 all stars, and great role players.
You still did not answer my question.

How many superstars did Golden State have going into the 2014-2015 NBA season?

And if you tell me Stephen Curry was considered a "superstar" before that season you're a liar. Klay Thompson and Draymond Green literally had never made an all star game...so I'll wait for you to explain that to me as well. 

Last edited:
@getemgirls  got time today 
laugh.gif

Russ is better than Steph bro...
no he isn't.

Russ team isn't as bad as people try to portray it. Far from Kobe with Smush Kwame and Luke in the starting lineup bad. Kd had the same team cooking and won mvp with a much higher seed, then Russ does having to put up historical usage and triple doubles every night. Trade Russ and Curry. Gs is worse and okc is better.

Last edited:
Not going to argue that Steph wasn't the best player, but had they won that Game 7 Draymond was getting Finals MVP.

That's irrelevant to me.

Tim Duncan was the best player on the 2014 Spurs. Kawhi got Finals MVP.

Team game man.

Also, Kobe wasn't the best player in the 2010 Finals. Pau was. But that doesn't matter :nerd:. The voters gave Kobe the award.

My _ you gotta read. I said a superstar, 2 all stars, and great role players.

You still did not answer my question.

How many superstars did Golden State have going into the 2014-2015 NBA season?

And if you tell me Stephen Curry was considered a "superstar" before that season you're a liar.

Aight lets break it down Vic

You asked "What if the Jazz win the title this year" So we talking right now looking at the Jazz so let's rewind this to April 2015.

Did Steph win the MVP that season?

Was Klay dropping 21 a game and looked at as the 2nd best shooter in the game?

Was Dray dropping 14, 9 and 8?

Was Iggy, Barnes, Livington, Barbosa playing great in their roles?

What is Utah doing that's equal to that right now?

Last edited:

You asked "What if the Jazz win the title this year" So we talking right now looking at the Jazz so let's rewind this to April 2015.

He said going in to the 14-15 season

He used Utah, because they are an up and coming team that nobody sees wining the championship soon.

That was the same way the Warriors were viewed coming into the 14-15 season.

Imagine Gordon Hayward averaging 28/7/7 and winning the league MVP. Imagine Rodney Hood averaging 20ppg. Imagine Goubert putting up prime Dwight numbers next year.

Imagine Joe Ingles turning into the 6moty out of nowhere.

That's dudes point.

His point is if they materialize into something bigger than expected, does that mean the team is considered stacked. Utah currently has dudes balling out right now, although not to the level of GoldenState, but had that be the case and they won the chip, would you call them stacked. It's not that difficult.

Team game man.

This is what bewilders me about basketball fans.

Everyone gets enamored with individual accomplishments and achievements, and on the other hand use team success as a measurement for how much said individual accomplishments matter. 

It's the most backwards logic ever. 

You asked "What if the Jazz win the title this year" So we talking right now looking at the Jazz so let's rewind this April 2015.

I see you're having some trouble following along here. I am asking you about the start of the 2014-2015 season.

All you have to do is answer these few simple questions and not give me the run around.

1. Going into the 2014-2015 season, who on the Golden State Warriors was considered a superstar?

2. Going into the 2014-2015 season, they had ONE all star. Stephen Curry...who made it for the first time the previous season. Who are these "all stars" you're referring to?

You keep telling me what they ended up doing. I'm asking you about what their perception was going into that season. What is it that you don't understand about that? 

I'm using Utah as a hypothetical example here because 1) nobody on their team is considered a superstar and 2) they're considered an up and coming team. Just like Golden State was once upon a time. Golden State wasn't considered "stacked" until they won it all. So I'm asking you....if another up and coming team who wins it all and was not expected to...does that mean that they are stacked? 

He said going in to the 14-15 season

He used Utah, because they are an up and coming team that nobody sees wining the championship soon.

That was the same way the Warriors were viewed coming into the 14-15 season.

Imagine Gordon Hayward averaging 28/7/7 and winning the league MVP. Imagine Rodney Hood averaging 20ppg. Imagine Goubert putting up prime Dwight numbers next year.

Imagine Joe Ingles turning into the 6moty out of nowhere.

That's dudes point.

Nah. He changed it. :lol:

He said going into the season for the Warriors. He ain't say going into this season for the Jazz. He said right now what if the Jazz won it.

His point is if they materialize into something bigger than expected, does that mean the team is considered stacked. Utah currently has dudes balling out right now, although not to the level of GoldenState, but had that be the case and they won the chip, would you call them stacked. It's not that difficult.
I commend you for exercising the skill of comprehension. 

Nah. He changed it.
laugh.gif

He said going into the season for the Warriors. He ain't say going into this season for the Jazz. He said right now what if the Jazz won it.
I didn't change a single thing.

Which is obvious because more than one other person CLEARLY understood what I was saying.

mean.gif

MM tripping right now..What getemgirls said made plenty of sense and he didn't change anything :lol:

The only difference I see is the Warriors made the playoffs the previous two seasons..This jazz team ain't been there in 6 or so seasons

Who views Utah as up and coming tho?

Hayward is more than likely gone this summer

Favors is a bum now

G Hill is a solid PG at best and always injured

R Hood is a average SG Imo

Rudy is the only good young piece they have locked in for the next few years

Last edited:
@Maximus Meridius you gotta be on some high grade grass right now man
laugh.gif

Or you simply are refusing to read and comprehend. It's pretty clear what dude said/was saying.
Or it's just that dudes get so stuck in illogical **** talking, along with the fact that it's the cool thing to do to hate the warriors right now, that dudes abandon all common sense for the sake of a) **** talking and not wanting to concede....or b) to get some laughs. 

And I get it...that's perfectly ok. I think the game needs villains. But at some point...it's like oK people....let's not just go full ****** here.

Let's just ignore the Utah Jazz for a second...the basic premise of the Golden State Warriors being stacked BEFORE they won it all is just completely false 
mean.gif

Last edited:
I'm using Utah as a hypothetical example here because 1) nobody on their team is considered a superstar and 2) they're considered an up and coming team. Just like Golden State was once upon a time. Golden State wasn't considered "stacked" until they won it all. So I'm asking you....if another up and coming team who wins it all and was not expected to...does that mean that they are stacked? 

I got you. Before that season that wasn't looked as a stacked team. Your example is just off cuz right now the Jazz have nothing the Warriors had DURING the 2015 season. The Warriors were looked at as a great team DURING that 2015 season. The Jazz are not.

You acting like the Warrios was some 5th seed that nobody saw coming and won a ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom