Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Draft selection is irrelevant now. We see what Steph, Klay and Dray became. A superstar, 2 all stars, that had great role players around them. That team was the definition of stacked.

Draft selection is irrelevant now. We see what Steph, Klay and Dray became. A superstar, 2 all stars, that had great role players around them. That team was the definition of stacked.
So by this logic...if the Utah Jazz win the NBA championship this season...they're stacked right? 

I could have sworn stacked meant exceedingly assembling a team of proven talent.

Last edited:
Don't agree with this.

You can't say someone is having just as good or better of a single-season because someone has had a more illustrious career?
So how exactly are we comparing the two?

Otto's improvement from last year to this year

vs.

PG's last year vs. until the point when you made this thread?

Because if we are looking at RAW production, I am interested in seeing your case for that

When I made the statement, I was going off of where we were in the CURRENT season. Nothing more, nothing less. Not comparing careers, just STRICTLY off of the first 50 or so games (or whenever I made the statement, pre all-star break.)

If you go back and look, it all started off of a Paul George/Jimmy Butler discussion as to who was the better player. It snowballed when I compared the CURRENT seasons of Porter, Barnes, Gay, Butler, George, and Anthony (post #52374 the link reflects their current standing, not what was happening back in Feb.)

The metrics, at the time, supported what Otto was doing in comparison to some of the other 3's around the league. OBVIOUSLY, things have changed since New Orleans, but I'm not seeing why it's unreasonable to compare what players are doing in their current seasons without having to quantify things by looking at an entire career before coming up with an opinion.

So by this logic...if the Utah Jazz win the NBA championship this season...they're stacked right? 

Do they got a superstar, 2 all stars, great role players around them? :lol:

Steph ain't never been the best player on his team in the finals
Lmaoooo man what?
I dont know who raises these ****** man 
laugh.gif

Just looking at that Rockets team from 2015 there were 7 other players who averaged double figures on that team. Russ has 3. I don't think the casts are comparable.

you definitelty don't wanna go there b
Pppssshhhh in what way is Draymond Green better than Blake besides being a better defender? He does nothing else better.

Like it's lowkey not even close.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom