Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The actual team (Jazz) is kind of irrelevant to his example.

What he's saying is, if a team all of a sudden wins a ring a year after being bounced in the first round, and that team spawns a league MVP, multiple all stars, etc. and those players didn't have those accolades before said ring, would you consider that team stacked

I got you. Before that season that wasn't looked as a stacked team. Your example is just off cuz right now the Jazz have nothing the Warriors had DURING the 2015 season. The Warriors were looked at as a great team DURING that 2015 season. The Jazz are not.

You acting like the Warrios was some 5th seed that nobody saw coming and won a ring.
Uhh....yes that is EXACTLY what I'm acting like because that was the case 
laugh.gif
. As a matter of fact they were a 6th seed the year before. They didn't make any crazy pickups in the offseason either. The core was exactly the same, only with David Lee and Draymond swapping roles.

I dare you to find me a single post on here or anywhere else on the globe that had the Warriors pegged as a legit contender going into the year.

As a matter of fact...when is the last time an NBA team even made the finals that wasn't considered a contender going into that year? Maybe the 07 Cavs and that's about as close as I can think of. 

Last edited:
That's irrelevant to me.

Tim Duncan was the best player on the 2014 Spurs. Kawhi got Finals MVP.

Team game man.

Also, Kobe wasn't the best player in the 2010 Finals. Pau was. But that doesn't matter :nerd:. The voters gave Kobe the award.

Not today Satan!

you definitelty don't wanna go there b

Pppssshhhh in what way is Draymond Green better than Blake besides being a better defender? He does nothing else better.

Like it's lowkey not even close.

Muuuuuuuuuuch better playmaker. Damn near a point guard. Blake still wonky as hell when he dribbles. Doesn't crack or disappear under pressure. Way tougher mentally. Heart and soul of his team.

And hes not just a much better defender, he's a transcendent defender.

no he isn't.

Russ team isn't as bad as people try to portray it. Far from Kobe with Smush Kwame and Luke in the starting lineup bad. Kd had the same team cooking and won mvp with a much higher seed, then Russ does having to put up historical usage and triple doubles every night. Trade Russ and Curry. Gs is worse and okc is better.

Don't think this is true at all if you're talking about this year's squads. Gravity means zilch when you got Roberson and Sabonis to kick out to.

Russ with KD is already proven to be great, you add Klay and Draymond? LOL.

26/6/5 in the finals......and your team wins the championship.

Averages 28/6/5 for 21 games in the entire playoffs.

But because some voters decided Iggy deserved Finals MVP because he defended LeBron well (and scored on him)....

"Steph didn't show up"
my dude! Spitting out facts.

Sorry but triple doubles ain't on Curry level. Curry been the point guard king 3 years and counting.

Last edited:
Muuuuuuuuuuch better playmaker. Damn near a point guard. Blake still wonky as hell when he dribbles. Doesn't crack or disappear under pressure. Way tougher mentally. Heart and soul of his team.

Yeahhhh nope. I'm not with this "heart and soul" BS that you can't quantify or measure and it's easy to not crack under pressure when you're not the guy for your team :lol:

He isn't a better playmaker either. Blake at over 21 a game and still making plays for others at an elite rate for a Big.

I got you. Before that season that wasn't looked as a stacked team. Your example is just off cuz right now the Jazz have nothing the Warriors had DURING the 2015 season. The Warriors were looked at as a great team DURING that 2015 season. The Jazz are not.

You acting like the Warrios was some 5th seed that nobody saw coming and won a ring.

Uhh....yes that is EXACTLY what I'm acting like because that was the case :lol: . As a matter of fact they were a 6th seed the year before. They didn't make any crazy pickups in the offseason either. The core was exactly the same, only with David Lee and Draymond swapping roles.

I dare you to find me a single post on here or anywhere else on the globe that had the Warriors pegged as a legit contender going into the year.

As a matter of fact...when is the last time an NBA team even made the finals that wasn't considered a contender going into that year? Maybe the 07 Cavs and that's about as close as I can think of. 

You all over the place. :lol: I'm sticking with the end of the 2015 season since you wanted to use the Jazz. Don't run from your own example. You can't use the Jazz right now then flip it and say "Well BEFORE 2015 nobody believed in the Warriors".

Last edited:

Yeahhhh nope. I'm not with this "heart and soul" BS that you can't quantify or measure and it's easy to not crack under pressure when you're not the guy for your team :lol:

He isn't a better playmaker either. Blake at over 21 a game and still making plays for others at an elite rate for a Big.

you can't quantify or measure gravity either...but Isreal.

Blake not even the guy on his team. CP3 is. and you're making excuses why it's reasonable blake cracking? Then that means he shouldn't be the guy. Dray is a much better playmaker. It's not even close.

26/6/5 in the finals......and your team wins the championship.

Averages 28/6/5 for 21 games in the entire playoffs.

But because some voters decided Iggy deserved Finals MVP because he defended LeBron well (and scored on him)....

"Steph didn't show up"

Did iggy deserve it?

Maybe I'm missing something but most of Draymond's assists are him standing around the perimeter waiting for the team to get into their set and someone to get open. He doesn't even drive and kick that much from what I see. He's kind of a system playmaker

Maybe I'm missing something but most of Draymond's assists are him standing around the perimeter waiting for the team to get into their set and someone to get open. He doesn't even drive and kick that much from what I see. He's kind of a system playmaker
True, I feel the only time he drives and kicks is if it's fastbreak and he has a trailer.

you can't quantify or measure gravity either...but Isreal.

Blake not even the guy on his team. CP3 is. and you're making excuses why it's reasonable blake cracking? Then that means he shouldn't be the guy. Dray is a much better playmaker. It's not even close.

You can't quantify gravity but you can depict it, and it's been depicted a few times in this thread

There's no way to depict heart and soul lol

And I'm not making excuses for Blake cracking under pressure but to say draymond doesn't, when he doesn't have nearly the amount of responsibility as Blake does in the clutch is foolish

And finally you're off the mark with pronouncing draymond as a much better playmaker. He's at over 5ast a game with almost 22 a game. That's not a "much better playmaker" if at all.

Blake's the better shooter, (much better) scorer, playmaker, much higher PER, I mean...

:lol:

Bro how can draymond be a "much" better playmaker when he's barely a threat to score this year :lol:

Better than Steph

I disagree completely here.

You are REALLY trivializing his passing ability here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom