Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2016-17 Washington Wizards have accomplished so many things the franchise hadn't done in decades that it's legitimately hard to keep track, that it's almost inevitable an attempt at listing them will feature some sort of exclusion or oversight.
Simply put, it's a long list. Here are at least most of the things that this year's Wizards have accomplished, that no Wizards or Bullets team before them had done in decades:
- won their division for the first time since 1978-79, breaking the longest division title drought in all of U.S. pro sports at 38 years
- won 47 games, marking the team's best record since 1978-79 when they won 54 and reached the NBA Finals
- clinched home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs for the first time since 1978-79
- won 30 games at home for the first time since 1988-89
- won 17 straight games at home for the first time since 1974-75
- scored 100 points or more in 23 straight games for the first time since 1988-89
- most three-pointers in franchise history (720)
- John Wall's 50 double-doubles are most in franchise history since Moses Malone had 50 in 1987-88
- Wall's 815 assists are the most in franchise history for a single season
- Bradley Beal's 215 three-pointers made are the most in franchise history
- Wall's 4,594 career assists are the most in franchise history. Earlier this season, he edged Wes Unseld's 3,822 (1969 to 1981)
- Wall's 870 career steals are the most in franchise history. He beat Greg Ballard's previous mark of 762 (1978 to 1985)

I think Russ will stay in OKC for his entire career. He probably wants a statue out in front of the Peak
Nah. I mean it's so rare that one player stays his entire career with one franchise that the odds are against this happening.
Odds are against Russ in everything, though.

He makes his own way.

Odds are he stays and tries his own ting.

I sent the paypal, I assumed it was to you on Leeme's behalf, maybe it was to him.....not sure now but whoever sent the Invoice it's PIF
​oh okay ..got it...

props to dudes who pay they bets .....
nthat.gif

The 2016-17 Washington Wizards have accomplished so many things the franchise hadn't done in decades that it's legitimately hard to keep track, that it's almost inevitable an attempt at listing them will feature some sort of exclusion or oversight.
Simply put, it's a long list. Here are at least most of the things that this year's Wizards have accomplished, that no Wizards or Bullets team before them had done in decades:
- won their division for the first time since 1978-79, breaking the longest division title drought in all of U.S. pro sports at 38 years
- won 47 games, marking the team's best record since 1978-79 when they won 54 and reached the NBA Finals
- clinched home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs for the first time since 1978-79
- won 30 games at home for the first time since 1988-89
- won 17 straight games at home for the first time since 1974-75
- scored 100 points or more in 23 straight games for the first time since 1988-89
- most three-pointers in franchise history (720)
- John Wall's 50 double-doubles are most in franchise history since Moses Malone had 50 in 1987-88
- Wall's 815 assists are the most in franchise history for a single season
- Bradley Beal's 215 three-pointers made are the most in franchise history
- Wall's 4,594 career assists are the most in franchise history. Earlier this season, he edged Wes Unseld's 3,822 (1969 to 1981)
- Wall's 870 career steals are the most in franchise history. He beat Greg Ballard's previous mark of 762 (1978 to 1985)

gonna be wild nostalgic to watch bron beat them just like the days of gil and deshawn and blatche and caron though. i'm hoping for a surprise, but melo said the writing is on the wall..

How is it NOT a bad thing?

You can find a different word that means the same thing but we all know it is a NEGATIVE thing.

You are essentially saying, "So and So is only AS successful as he is because of what team/system/coach he plays on/in/for."

How is that NOT "bad.?"

EYE don't view it as a bad thing (I'm doing what you do :nerd:)

Thats MY view on it. Everybody CANT be successful in a system (see Richard Jefferson w/ the Spurs).

But when you buy in to the system....use your tools, and become successful in a system....that's a positive.

Being a system player is like life and opportunity.

gonna be wild nostalgic to watch bron beat them just like the days of gil and deshawn and blatche and caron though. i'm hoping for a surprise, but melo said the writing is on the wall..
Wizards fans think they have a legit shot.

I say that 2-8, anyone can beat anyone.

I had a Wizard fan tell me, "What do you mean 2-8. Cleveland can lose to anyone too."

Yea sure.

Wizards fans get a taste of a little bit of success and now all of a sudden they (some) are screaming ECF or Bust

No way this is a serious question

it was a serious question..based off the few clippers games ive watched this season i didnt notice anything ELITE about his game.
decent handles and passing for a big, but he aint the guy to get a shot when the team needs one. certainly not out of the post or from range.

EYE don't view it as a bad thing (I'm doing what you do :nerd:)

Thats MY view on it. Everybody CANT be successful in a system (see Richard Jefferson w/ the Spurs).

But when you buy in to the system....use your tools, and become successful in a system....that's a positive.

Being a system player is like life and opportunity.
You can attempt to put it in nice words but calling someone a system player is essentially saying their production/skills are CONDITIONAL and not absolute.

Again, it is a simple concept that you are trying to find a way to sugar-coat :lol:

i hope russ stays in okc. that kind of love only comes around once. thats the kind of love, you can murder someone and everybody will be like, vid or it didnt happen. look at bron, he won cleveland a chip and they still dont love him anywhere near as much as they loved him the first time. I saw and heard it first hand when I went to their games at the Q. It's love, but its different. It's cautious. Conditional. Like if you cheat on your girl but she forgives you and takes you back. She may forgive, but she'll never forget.

kobe and tim and dirk, they got that forever love. Russ threw the city on his back and made history in the process. He'll be a god if he stays. Bigger than the sooners

So someone calling Kawhi Leonard a system player is somehow a compliment to him? That is a POSITIVE statement? ???????????????

8)

You can attempt to put it in nice words but calling someone a system player is essentially saying their production/skills are CONDITIONAL and not absolute.

Again, it is a simple concept that you are trying to find a way to sugar-coat :lol:

Everything in the NBA is CONDITIONAL

Literally.....success in the NBA has a lot to do with conditional factors. From the moment you choose what school you will attend, to who you draft.

Again, what IM saying isn't sugar coating. YOU can't tell me that conditional = negative.

Nope. To me, being a system player isn't a bad thing. That's a simple concept you won't grasp.

Last edited:
So someone calling Kawhi Leonard a system player is somehow a compliment to him? That is a POSITIVE statement? ???????????????

8)

Somebody saying Kawhi benefits from playing with Pop and the Spurs ISNT a slight. And ISNT a negative.

Do you understand? Or you going to keep trying this with me :lol:.

Everything in the NBA is CONDITIONAL

Literally.....success in the NBA has a lot to do with conditional factors. From the moment you choose what school you will attend, to who you draft.

Again, what IM saying isn't sugar coating. YOU can't tell me that conditional = negative.

Nope. To me, being a system player isn't a bad thing. That's a simple concept you won't grasp.
Ok, we can just agree to disagree on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom