Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether I'm gassed or not doesn't matter. The rest of the basketball world thinks it's a ridiculous accomplishment. ONLY on NT is it downplayed as stat padding or getting fake stats. Clown stuff.

Only on NT Is 32 10 10 in 34 mpg considered inflated or overrated

When was the last time someone averaged more than 32ppg? Even that doesn't happen every year. His team has no shooters and his coach insists on playing bums

Some people just don't want to hear the truth but keep preaching brother.

I mean 32 10 and 6 is legit impressive and MVP worthy. I'm not moved by the stat padding tho
​yup. id be way more impressed if he averaged 5 rebounds a game but actually attempted to guard someone . dont care if he isnt good at d , at least try tho instead of chill by the basket waiting for missed shots . okc might be a higher seed if he did that 

Last edited:
I just don't understand how you could give the MVP to Brodie instead of Beard when the latter is only like 2 rebs shy of a 30pt triple double himself.

But whatever, good for russ.

I just don't care that sometime thousands of years ago some person decided to make 10 the first number to be double digits.

It's totally arbitrary and shouldn't overshadow things like efficiency and winning.

Last edited:
​yup. id be way more impressed if he averaged 5 rebounds a game but actually attempted to guard someone . dont care if he isnt good at d , at least try tho instead of chill by the basket waiting for missed shots . okc might be a higher seed if he did that 

Their near .800 record when he gets one and 3rd worst record in the league when he doesn't begs to differ. Y'all just talking nonsense. It's as direct a correlation as one can have but y'all know better than Billy D.

There is no doubt in my mind that prime Magic Johnson and Jason Kidd could've had several triple double averaging seasons if the main goal of their teams was for them to average a triple double.

The goat was .5 rebounds away from doing it. That's my only small issue when some people talk about Russ doing it. They act like nobody has been close to averaging a triple. Respect Magic.

I just don't understand how you could give the MVP to Brodie instead of Beard when the latter is only like 2 rebs shy of a 30pt triple double himself.

But whatever, good for russ.

2 rebounds from an average is quite a lot

And can't compare almost averaging a triple double to an actual triple double

Harden will prob win regardless

2 rebounds from an average is quite a lot

And can't compare almost averaging a triple double to an actual triple double

Harden will prob win regardless
I understand that, but Harden is 2 rebs away from a triple double and is going to end up w/ like 55 wins or something.

So 30/8/11 vs 32/10//10 to me nullifies the whole triple double thing for this discussion. Statistically, that doesn't mean much when you're comparing him to harden.

Factor in the winning, and Harden is clearly the MVP to me or should be.

There are so many better numbers to base the Westbrook mvp argument around. Like his clutch numbers. Those should be the pillar of the argument over the triple double

Their near .800 record when he gets one and 3rd worst record in the league when he doesn't begs to differ. Y'all just talking nonsense. It's as direct a correlation as one can have but y'all know better than Billy D.
​whether he gets a  triple double or not hes playing the same way. hes still camped out by the rim chasing  boards.

he aint attempting to guard his man when he doesn't get a triple double , so I don't get how that makes sense.

well see man. either way if he doesnt win it , i dont want to hear no crying or he was robbed nonsense.

Last edited:
There are so many better numbers to base the Westbrook mvp argument around. Like his clutch numbers. Those should be the pillar of the argument over the triple double

I could even agree with this. It's just the dudes screaming 'triple double' in a hi pitch squeal and following it up with 'yaaaaassss' that I don't get. And the fact that wins evidently are supposed to matter

Russ, Harden and Stoneface are all in the race. I was saying Harden for a while but over the last few weeks I changed, it's Russ.

And yes his rebounds are inflated some. But the fact that the team is significantly better when he goes crazy kills that talk.

Hardens #'s are inflated some too cuz of MDA's system but that works for Houston right? It's the same thing.

He's averaging 10 though.
Let's have that discussion
wink.gif
That's the point. If he's really in the MVP race because he's avg 10 rebs instead of 9 then he shouldn't be the MVP to me.

The Thunder are in the 6th seed so the only real reason he's in the conversation is because of the whole "triple double" thing which is complete nonsense when Harden is at like 30/8/11 on a 55 win team.

He's averaging 10 though.

Let's have that discussion :wink:

That's the point. If he's really in the MVP race because he's avg 10 rebs instead of 9 then he shouldn't be the MVP to me.

The Thunder are in the 6th seed so the only real reason he's in the conversation is because of the whole "triple double" thing which is complete nonsense when Harden is at like 30/8/11 on a 55 win team.
Exactly. Complete arbitrary nonsense.

I feel like this Houston team is much more talented than the Suns teams of the mid 2000s...

I think the Rockets have a good chance if they can get hot against the warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom