Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why yall so hell bent on downplaying a triple double?

I personally am not. On the contrary it's an impressive feat for sure

What I'm debating is him being the MVP because of it when harden is having just as great of a season with 55 wins

Why yall so hell bent on downplaying a triple double?
I just dont care knowing that the rebounds (and to a degree the assists) are fake. I said the same thing when Rondo was stat padding assists for five years.

If you think WB should be MVP fine, but using the Triple Double as a basis for your argument is shallow. Would you care less if he only averaged 9.4 assists? No.

Plus the fact that the rebounds are fake makes it that less meaningful to me.

For the record I still think its impressive, but not "Just hand the guy the trophy now" impressive.

Last edited:
Blame whoever crowned Oscar Robertson the triple double king

Funny how suddenly someone breaks that record and it no longer seems special
He wasn't the MVP king That year tho

And it's not about downplaying the triple double

The MVP award never been exclusively about individual stats

They always factor in team record as well

Last edited:
Blame whoever crowned Oscar Robertson the triple double king

Funny how suddenly someone breaks that record and it no longer seems special

If we keeping it a buck it isn't that special

Oscar played at a breakneck pace in an era where he played all the time, with far worse shooting (for more rebounds) there was no defense being played

There were about 25 extra possessions or so played during oscar's era

You adjust for era and he's at like 22/7/7 which is good but obviously not a "triple double"

The bottom line, is that this year people like many of you are trying to deviate from the normal criteria from mvp. But not only should we not reward the best player on the best team anymore... We don't even care about winning. Personal accolades should be good enough to win mvp. Even if that team is literally middle of the pack in their conference.

But why now? All these years where players showed out and carried their teams to 2nd place. Or broke records. Everyone argued against them saying look at their record. Now it's to hell with the teams performance look at the player. Tf

50 points, broke the record, eliminated a team from the playoffs, game winner from deep downtown.

Outrageous.

The bottom line, is that this year people like many of you are trying to deviate from the normal criteria from mvp. But not only should we not reward the best player on the best team anymore... We don't even care about winning. Personal accolades should be good enough to win mvp. Even if that team is literally middle of the pack in their conference.

But why now? All these years where players showed out and carried their teams to 2nd place. Or broke records. Everyone argued against them saying look at their record. Now it's to hell with the teams performance look at the player. Tf
Bruh there isn't any iron clad standard for MVP. People have won it for best statistical seasons. People have won it not having the best record in their conference. People have won it not getting to 50 wins. This isn't something that has NEVER happened before. It's just been a while. He deserves the award. 

FOH with this starboy nonsense. Can't even keep his job at PG. 

Atlanta Hawks Full Comeback Highlights vs Cavaliers (2017.04.09) - Cavs Blew A 26-PT LEAD!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom