Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold up.......Bron leads the league in Minutes per game?!?!?!?!?!? Holy ****, why?

That's both impressive by him, and ludicrous by Lue. My God.

At 32, having played into June 6 years in a row. But he gets killed when he takes 6 games off over the course of the season.

That is a lot of playing basketball. And it is never going back to how it was with players not taking games off. But when it is announced several hours before tipoff or when Ty Lue says it the night before in a late night after game press conference is what the issue is.

C9C3ecsV0AI244c.jpg

point blank, Kawhi is having a great season, doesn't deserve a vote when Two players are Having HISTORIC seasons, and are responsible for most of the teams offense. Russ or James sit for rest their coaches are pretty much penning in an automatic L.

point blank, Kawhi is having a great season, doesn't deserve a vote when Two players are Having HISTORIC seasons, and are responsible for most of the teams offense. Russ or James sit for rest their coaches are pretty much penning in an automatic L.
It's the same for Kawhi man.

How many games do you think the spurs would win w/Kawhi Sitting? And by this Logic, Chris Paul is the MVP of the NBA.

Last edited:
Spurs are 6-1 when Kawhi sits I think at last check this season.
I don't even know the record or if it's legit or not but I do know you're better than this. 7 game sample size is way too little.

And we shouldn't be evaluating MVP's based on how their teams would be without them. Of course the Rockets and Thunder would be terrible without them. Like I said, CP has the best on / off net rtg in the league and the clips are at a 57 win pace when he's on the floor this year. I'm not using this to plug CP for MVP at all, i'm just giving some perspective on why "taking player x from team y is why he's the mvp" is pretty ridiculous.

Real ballers

:lol:

It's true the praise is damn near universal among current and former league players. Only on NT is this being downplayed by the haters and nerds.

I mean that's cool. But the players voted Harden the MVP a few years ago, so he's definitely respected by his peers.

This notion that I'm not a real baller cause I think Beard is MVP is hilarious though.

Nah bruh your Laker hate shows you ain't a baller.

:lol:

So we're really giving credit to Big O, a notorious hater.
Magic Johnson and his tweets.
MJ drafts the best white guy from the big 10 every season.
AI didn't practice.
And Kobe was the worst player in the league last season.

You got it.

I mean those dudes had some ok careers, I think they're opinions hold some weight. :lol:

The disrespect towards the great minds of legends. Have you no shame.

There's 100 voters this year so with all the leaks we may be able to get an idea of who actually won before the announcement.

On TV Ernie Johnson, Broussard, Windhorst, Barry have all said Westbrook or leaning Westbrook. Haberstroh is Kawhi. Screaming A is still stuck on co-MVP. Just saw an APPOINTMENT article that 3 guys (1 vote each for Russ, Harden, Bron).

So far it's Russ-7, Kawhi-3, Harden-3, Bron-1

You do know there's a point system right? In theory Westbrook could have the most first place votes and still lose.

You would have to see these guys complete ballot to have any kind of prediction.

There's no set definition for "valuable" people use what criteria they deem fit. We've seen how awful the Cavs are without Bron or as you said the Clippers without CP0. Spurs don't seem to suffer any slippage even in a small sample size. I mean the team has won 50+ games every season except the lockout years for the last 20. I think Pop knows what he's doing. They have the ultimate system in the league to maximize talent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom