Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's crazy how many minutes Bron is playing for the Cavs to be as inconsistent as they are. They have two All-stars outside of him and a pretty good (and experienced) supporting cast.

giphy.gif
Smh He doesn't hoop bro. Let him be.

Hold up.......Bron leads the league in Minutes per game?!?!?!?!?!? Holy ****, why?

That's both impressive by him, and ludicrous by Lue. My God.

At 32, having played into June 6 years in a row. But he gets killed when he takes 6 games off over the course of the season.
Russ is working with much less & Donovan restricts him to 34 a night.

Lue is a ******* idiot.

The team isn't in any kind of rhythm either :lol: theyre barely over 50 wins. pointless Thibs stuff right there

And with that team rest/health is more important than seeding. They were never gonna have home court in the Finals, and they don't need it in the East.

After the Dippers get bounced in the 1st or 2nd Rd will they officially be the most overrated/underperforming collection of talent in sports history?

https://apnews.com/f685adb42a674797...lFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Sports

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER
Krawczynski: Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City. At least four players have legitimate claim. When we look back on this season in 10 years, Russ's performance will be the one everyone still talks about.

Mahoney: James Harden, Houston. Slightest edge over Russell Westbrook after playing a brilliant, all-around game at a new position to make the Rockets one of the best teams in the NBA.

Reynolds: LeBron James, Cleveland. You can argue for Russell Westbrook and make all the sense in the world. Same goes for James Harden, same goes for Kawhi Leonard. It was an MVP race like perhaps none other. But the MVP should go to the best player. Triple-doubles be damned, that's still LeBron James.

Last edited:
Everyone with their "uncontested rebound hogging" about Russ, dude has 859 rebounds, 219 more than LeBron, who, by the way, loves to chase down rebounds (and assists) after doing a little fact checking during halftimes. :wink:

Russ isn't averaging 10.7 rebounds just off missed free throws nobody wants to get, he's getting all sorts of them, every night. On top of leading the league in scoring at 32 a night, on top of the 10.4 assists he dishes out as well.

And he plays fewer minutes than guys like Bron and Harden. This isn't him playing 45+ minutes a night and chasing every stat he can find. Does he chase some numbers? ABSOLUTELY. He the only one in the league that chases numbers? :nerd: Nope.

Are all of his numbers built off chasing? Not at all. He's doing everything he can do for his team, every second he's on the floor, and he's gonna do it for 82 friggin games. It's absurd what he's done. To just dismiss his efforts as "well, he's just getting rebounds off missed free throws, or cuz his team lets him", ok, then give him more minutes on the court, and he'd still be able to pull in that extra round or assist you think he's cheating the league off of. Balances out now, don't it.

Repped

Bron doesn't purposely leave shooters uncontested to get rebounds
plus he plays with tristan and love.
that post is stupid lol.

David Aldridge picks Russ as his MVP. Updated count:

Russ-8
Harden-3
Kawhi-3
Bron-1

I still don't get what part of the game is failing to contest shots in order to get the rebound.

I wonder how many boards would guys like Lebron, Harden would average if their respective bigs in their team let them get 80% of those freebie free throw rebounds?
Bet Tristan Thompson would average like 6 rebounds in that case

I can't believe people think Russ style of play couldn't be a recipe for success and/Championships.

He constantly finds the open man.
I can't believe people think his mates would be annoyed by him. KD barely got annoyed and he warranted high usage as he was better than Russ but his current mates, man they need Russ, I can assure you most of them love it, but I don't think many players would dislike playing with Russ.....

Last edited:
I still don't get what part of the game is failing to contest shots in order to get the rebound.

I wonder how many boards would guys like Lebron, Harden would average if their respective bigs in their team let them get 80% of those freebie free throw rebounds?
Bet Tristan Thompson would average like 6 rebounds in that case
I never heard that it was a good thing to not contest any shots and kick it by the rim to next to your bigs till this year.
Contesting shots is dumb and doesn't help the team. Triple doubles >all
Even if LeBron played like Russ he couldn't do that they say.

Last edited:
I can't believe people think Russ style of play couldn't be a recipe for success and/Championships.

I can't believe people think his mates would be annoyed by him. KD barely got annoyed and he warranted high usage as he was better, but I don't think many players would dislike playing with Russ.....
Ehh well KD ended up leaving

I can't believe people think his mates would be annoyed by him. KD barely got annoyed and he warranted high usage as he was better than Russ but his current mates, man they need Russ, I can assure you most of them love it, but I don't think many players would dislike playing with Russ.....
Kd left cause he didn't like the offense Russ runs...

As you would say "start over"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom