Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe people think Russ style of play couldn't be a recipe for success and/Championships.

He constantly finds the open man.
I can't believe people think his mates would be annoyed by him. KD barely got annoyed and he warranted high usage as he was better, but I don't think many players would dislike playing with Russ.....
Ehh well KD ended up leaving
It was time for a change for him.

That's the nicest way I can say that.

Last edited:
Huh? Birthday is June 1978.

Cari Champion is an American broadcast journalist and television personality. She has worked as an anchor and reporter for the Tennis Channel and as the host of ESPN2's First Take. Wikipedia

Born: June 1975, Pasadena, CA

Nationality: American

Height: 6'1"

thats prolly part of it. Ma 6'1 flat footed. We damn near the same height. And you know bae wanna get in minimum 4" heels. So she needs a dude minimum 6'5. Most dudes 6'4 and up be wanting the shorties. The

This whole MVP debate is going to be all anyone is talking about until June 26th. Strange that this year the league is gonna televise it and make an awards show of sorts.
ohwell.gif

IMO it's going to be Russ or Harden, and I believe Russ will get it. Yes Harden has had a historic season as has Russ... but looking at the stats, Hardens is large in part because of the D'antoni system and how the Rockets play. Yes you can cry all you want about Russ "stat padding" but Thunder offense relies on Russ to get those rebounds and push the ball up the court in transition. However, Harden actually does do the same exact thing time from time over the course of a game. Sure the Rockets have more wins and are in the 3rd seed in the West, but that is because they average 115.5 pts per game to the Thunders 106.7. No the MVP shouldn't be given to Russ soley because he broke a record no one ever thought would be broken or for averaging a triple double for the season. But the combination of those two things, plus losing the second best player in the league in KD, and doing what he has done with the team he has around him...the way he brings it 150% every night knowing he has to in order to even give the Thunder a chance at winning the game. That is why he deserves it this year. IF Russ was on the Rockets in Hardens place I don't think he'd have the same impact that Harden does and I doubt they'd have as many wins as they do, but that's because Harden fits perfectly into the Rockets system. IF Harden was in Russ's place on the Thunder, they would not have as many wins because he wouldn't have the shooters he has with the Rockets and he just doesn't do the little things Russ does every game nor does he have that same drive and desire to win like Russ does. Sure these are hypotheticals, but stats don't lie. What Russ has done this season is nothing short of phenomenal and that's is why you see all of his peers and former players acknowledging what the Brodie has done. As far as numbers, Russ and Harden are almost identical as far as FG%, 3P%, FT% and even PTS, REB and ASTs per game, with Russ averaging almost 2 mins less per game. The major difference is their teammates. And the biggest stat difference is 3 pointers made. The Rockets have made 1,153 3's this season, smashing the Warriors record of 1,077 from last season and still 2 games remaining. Russ just doesn't have the shooters around him that Harden does period. Russ has 9 games this season where he was only 1-2 assists away from a triple double. Yes I went through all the game stats.. We are talking 51 triple doubles with 2 games to play. That falls solely on his teammates not making shots. Which is why what he has done this season with the team he has is remarkable.

Lets take a look at the stats

Rockets per game                                                      Thunder per game

Avg points- 115.5                                                        Avg points- 106.7

FGM- 40.3                                                                  FGM- 39.5

FGA- 87.1                                                                   FGA- 87.3                     

FG%- 46.3                                                                  FG%- 45.2

3PM- 14.4                                                                   3PM- 8.5

3PA- 40.1                                                                    3PA- 25.9

3P%- 35.9                                                                   3P%- 32.7

Rockets season as of today                                       Thunder season as of today

Points- 9,239                                                              Points- 8,536

FG made- 3,227                                                         FG made- 3,157

FG attempted- 6,971                                                  FG attempted- 6,983

3 pointers made- 1,153                                              3 pointers made- 677

3 pointers attempted- 3,210                                       3 pointers attempted- 2,070

Harden                                                                       Russ

22.2% of teams 3PM                                                 29.3% of teams 3PM

23% of teams 3PA                                                     27.9% of teams 3PA

3PM- 256                                                                   3PM- 199

3PA- 740                                                                    3PA- 578

3P%- 34.6                                                                  3P%- 34.4

Rest of team                                                              Rest of team

77.8% of teams 3PM                                                 70.7% of teams 3PM

77% of teams 3PA                                                     72.1% of teams 3PA

3PM- 897                                                                   3PM- 478

3PA- 2,470                                                                 3PA- 1,492

3P%- 36.3%                                                               3P%- 32%

Touches per game

Russ- 100.2

Harden- 99.6

In the end I'd be fine with a Co-MVP as they have both had such historical seasons. But, if only one is getting the award I'd give it to Russ no question as I feel he deserves it more.

I can't believe people think Russ style of play couldn't be a recipe for success and/Championships.

I can't believe people think his mates would be annoyed by him. KD barely got annoyed and he warranted high usage as he was better than Russ but his current mates, man they need Russ, I can assure you most of them love it, but I don't think many players would dislike playing with Russ.....
Kd left cause he didn't like the offense Russ runs...
He didn't dislike it.
He liked GSW more.

only one award matters and thats the championship rings

**** outta here with all this nonsense mvp talk

lets get to the nitty gritty 

houston vs cavs finals bron bout to bring IT BACK TO THE LAND ONE MORE TIME

Hold up.......Bron leads the league in Minutes per game?!?!?!?!?!? Holy ****, why?

That's both impressive by him, and ludicrous by Lue. My God.

At 32, having played into June 6 years in a row. But he gets killed when he takes 6 games off over the course of the season.
Russ is working with much less & Donovan restricts him to 34 a night.

Lue is a ******* idiot.

The team isn't in any kind of rhythm either :lol: theyre barely over 50 wins. pointless Thibs stuff right there

And with that team rest/health is more important than seeding. They were never gonna have home court in the Finals, and they don't need it in the East.
Exactly. Just look at the 2010 C's :lol: Rested, healthy > seeding. They're 100% taking at least 1 game in Toronto/Boston/Washington. Incredibly irresponsible to have him out there that much.

I can't believe people think his mates would be annoyed by him. KD barely got annoyed and he warranted high usage as he was better, but I don't think many players would dislike playing with Russ.....
Ehh well KD ended up leaving
It was time for a change for him.

That's the nicest way I can say that.

Tell us how you really feel. :lol:

the thunders system is set up to give russ rebounds lol
y'all stat geeks need to watch more games
with that being said though I see no way Harden wins it. Russ has had like 3 mvp moments in the past week or two. Harden hasn't had any.

If Russ doesn't get MVP, the NBA cant be taken seriously anymore. Im on the verge of going insane like you guys back when the Heat were winning rings and you all kept saying they were paying for rings.

I believe there is no possible way the Westbrook doesn't get MVP.

Diesel :x

If Russ doesn't get MVP, the NBA cant be taken seriously anymore. Im on the verge of going insane like you guys back when the Heat were winning rings and you all kept saying they were paying for rings.

I believe there is no possible way the Westbrook doesn't get MVP.

Finally a rational post from you. This is the goods.

I see those L's gotchu humble and relaxed lol.

Warriors going 16-4 in the playoffs & winning the chip in 5 games.

Spurs may go out in round 1. Definitely in round 2 regardless of who wins the OKC-HOU series.

The hipsters have SAS coming out the West and Kawhi winning MVP, and of course antidope probably has them doing decent.

Everybody else has them going home in rd1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom