Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember harden pleading for a call at the end of a game in the playoffs last year. Also another time where he was blatantly hunting for a foul and the refs weren't having none of it. Wish I could find the clips

Last edited:
Harden and Russ are two different players... Harden benefits from that system and the team benefits from Harden playing that system. IMO putting Russ into that system wouldn't work as well because he is more of a create his own shot than dish player. Thunder have no offensive system other than having rush push the ball up the floor and drive or dish it off to someone, so putting Harden into that he could try to do what Russ has done but he wouldn't be putting up the same numbers Russ has and his team wouldn't be as good because of it. 

What shooters did he have 2 years ago when they won 56 games[emoji]129300[/emoji]

I remember harden pleading for a call at the end of a game in the playoffs last year. Also another time where he was blatantly hunting for a foul and the refs weren't having none of it. Wish I could find the clips
There were tons of these moments.

He pleads for calls all the time though.

His Career FTR is higher in the playoffs than the regular season. Meaning he gets more calls in the playoffs

Klay resting tonight vs Utah

Cavs Big 3 not listed as starters for tonight's tilt vs the Heat.

:x
Wow, Heat might win this game for sure.

Hope Bulls drop one and Miami gets in.

Who does the bulls have left? Magic and who?

Unable to look at this moment.

Nothing will be exciting about the HOU and OKC matchup. Not tryna see Westbrook chuck 45 shots a game only to get swept.

The only time he didn't get calls was against Portland.

They continually sunk their bigs in PNR and forced him to shoot midrange jumpers and 3 pointers. His jumper let him down.

He pleads for calls all the time though.

His Career FTR is higher in the playoffs than the regular season. Meaning he gets more calls in the playoffs

That's a statistic, sure. But the moments I'm talking about were with the game on the line when he NEEDED a call and the refs weren't having it. It was really like watching a lil kid realize that throwing a fit isn't gonna work anymore and he has to be a big boy. He can't rely on the refs to bail him out in the playoffs

Last edited:
What shooters did he have 2 years ago when they won 56 games[emoji]129300[/emoji]
They shot less 3s that year but he was surrounded by 

James Harden          27.4ppg

Trevor Ariza              12.8ppg

Pat Beverly               10.1ppg

Dwight Howard         15.8ppg

Montijunas                12ppg

Terrence Jones         11.7ppg

Josh Smith                12ppg

Corey Brewer            11.9ppg

Jason Terry                7ppg

:x
Wow, Heat might win this game for sure.

Hope Bulls drop one and Miami gets in.

Who does the bulls have left? Magic and who?

Unable to look at this moment.
Chicago's remaining is Orlando & Brooklyn, both in Chicago :lol: they should be absolutely embarrassed if they don't get in

Last edited:
I love kobe but his ​teams sans Shaq weren't doing ****. Lakers weren't relevant until Pau joined. Sure kobe played out his mind for those 2009 and 2010 rings but let's not act like he didn't have dfish, pau, prime bynum, Odom, and MWP. Put Kobe on this okc roster with russ' usage rate and it'd probably yield the same results

That wasn't my point. I never said Kobe won w/o great players.

Ya'll saying he can't win with THIS OKC team. Of course he can't. Everybody needs great players to win.

Last edited:
He doesn't get those same calls with the frequency he does in the regular season. He's averaging about 2-2.5 less FT attempts per game in the playoffs since he's been in Houston.

Free throw rate has been basically identical with the Portland series being the outlier. And that was more due to the defensive strategy.

He played 17 games 2 years ago year with a FTR of .605 that would have blown away his regular season career high.

They shot less 3s that year but he was surrounded by 

James Harden          27.4ppg

Trevor Ariza              12.8ppg
Pat Beverly               10.1ppg
Dwight Howard         15.8ppg
Montijunas                12ppg
Terrence Jones         11.7ppg
Josh Smith                12ppg
Corey Brewer            11.9ppg
Jason Terry                7ppg

Look at the games played. If we where having a draft between the thunder players this year and rocket players 2 years ago sans harden and Westbrook. I guarantee the first 4 would be thunder players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom