Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Spurs have won 26 of their last 31 against Memphis since 2011 I think.

That being said, I would NOT be surprised if Memphis beat San Antonio in Rd 1

Spurs are the Hawks of the West.
Except they have 5 chips to show for it
laugh.gif

But yeah, Memphis should be a gentleman's sweep. Houston or OKC, I could see them going 6 either way. But l agree with Negan, barring any major injury, Warriors should make it out of the West

This whole MVP debate is going to be all anyone is talking about until June 26th. Strange that this year the league is gonna televise it and make an awards show of sorts. :\   

I wanted to stop reading after this "Hardens is large in part because of the D'antoni system and how the Rockets play. "....but I kept reading cause this "IF Russ was on the Rockets in Hardens place I don't think he'd have the same impact that Harden does and I doubt they'd have as many wins as they do, but that's because Harden fits perfectly into the Rockets system. IF Harden was in Russ's place on the Thunder, they would not have as many wins because he wouldn't have the shooters he has with the Rockets and he just doesn't do the little things Russ does every game nor does he have that same drive and desire to win like Russ does." negates what you said about the first portion. So which is it? If MDA's system "inflates" Harden's stats, wouldn't his system do the same to Russ? And if Harden fits perfectly in that system, wouldn't that mean he is what makes that system go?

Last edited:
Everyone will have a chance to stand by their picks when the bracket challenge launches this Wednesday.

Harden typically hasn't gotten those cheap foul calls in the playoffs that he gets in the regular season, plus his wrist...really close to picking OKC in the upset. I'll have to see what happens in Game 1.

Last edited:
Harden typically hasn't gotten those cheap foul calls in the playoffs that he gets in the regular season, plus his wrist...really close to picking OKC in the upset. I'll have to see what happens in Game 1.
His wrist? Did you see what he did last night
laugh.gif

Bet on it ?
nerd.gif

Quote:
Is Decker out for the year? Playoffs included?

I wanted to stop reading after this "Hardens is large in part because of the D'antoni system and how the Rockets play. "....but I kept reading cause this "IF Russ was on the Rockets in Hardens place I don't think he'd have the same impact that Harden does and I doubt they'd have as many wins as they do, but that's because Harden fits perfectly into the Rockets system. IF Harden was in Russ's place on the Thunder, they would not have as many wins because he wouldn't have the shooters he has with the Rockets and he just doesn't do the little things Russ does every game nor does he have that same drive and desire to win like Russ does." negates what you said about the first portion. So which is it? If MDA's system "inflates" Harden's stats, wouldn't his system do the same to Russ? And if Harden fits perfectly in that system, wouldn't that mean he is what makes that system go?
Harden and Russ are two different players... Harden benefits from that system and the team benefits from Harden playing that system. IMO putting Russ into that system wouldn't work as well because he is more of a create his own shot than dish player. Thunder have no offensive system other than having rush push the ball up the floor and drive or dish it off to someone, so putting Harden into that he could try to do what Russ has done but he wouldn't be putting up the same numbers Russ has and his team wouldn't be as good because of it. 

Russ big men >Harden big men. This narrative that Russ has nobody needs to stop.

Russ is this gen Iverson. He'll put up crazy numbers but he's not a winner . his style of ball won't ever win ish. Easy to see why Kd ain't want to play with him anymore.

:lol: Playing hard every night won't win?

Y'all just say anything.

I think he's speaking more to the "one man can do it all" style of play Russ is taking on currently. It's a hell of a feat and incredible to see him do it, but for as great as Russ is it's hard to see him winning anything with this okc team. And if KD were still on this team, there'd likely be no triple double or russ4mvp talk

Of course he ain't winning a ring with Depot or Kanter as his second best players. :lol:

The style he plays can and has won championships. People said the same thing about Kobe "he's a ballhog he can't win w/o Shaq".

I love kobe but his ​teams sans Shaq weren't doing ****. Lakers weren't relevant until Pau joined. Sure kobe played out his mind for those 2009 and 2010 rings but let's not act like he didn't have dfish, pau, prime bynum, Odom, and MWP. Put Kobe on this okc roster with russ' usage rate and it'd probably yield the same results

Absolutely false

He doesn't get those same calls with the frequency he does in the regular season. He's averaging about 2-2.5 less FT attempts per game in the playoffs since he's been in Houston.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom