Official**Lupe Fiasco's The Cool**Thread

Yea man lupe is a beast
pimp.gif

not sure if sunshine is part of the cool storyline. Lupe himself said in an interview the name of the songs in the story and those 2 werent part of them.

edit: i just re listened to superstar over and over and watched the vid and came up with the following references to MYH & the cool.
pictures of a dude wearing a key around his neck, like the key the streets gave to MYH, many shots of this
the whole first first he talks about heaven and how he didnt get in and the end of it he says 'heavy is heaven the devil only two tons too' as inneither heaven or hell wanted him
then the 3rd verse 'and when i got to the front, they told me all of the tickets were gone'
this dudes crazy with how good his lyrics are. if anyone else has any input about the 2nd verse specifically...holla

edit again, man i just realized that the dude with the chain around his neck has one hand tahts bone...thats DEF MYH. brilliant

^ The tee is dope, but I don't wanna pay 32+ for his album & a tee. Will be getting it release day though, and then hitting up his show.

Originally Posted by hamez3

not sure if sunshine is part of the cool storyline. Lupe himself said in an interview the name of the songs in the story and those 2 werent part of them.

edit: i just re listened to superstar over and over and watched the vid and came up with the following references to MYH & the cool.
pictures of a dude wearing a key around his neck, like the key the streets gave to MYH, many shots of this
the whole first first he talks about heaven and how he didnt get in and the end of it he says 'heavy is heaven the devil only two tons too' as in neither heaven or hell wanted him
then the 3rd verse 'and when i got to the front, they told me all of the tickets were gone'
this dudes crazy with how good his lyrics are. if anyone else has any input about the 2nd verse specifically...holla

edit again, man i just realized that the dude with the chain around his neck has one hand tahts bone...thats DEF MYH. brilliant

now im starting to think thats him too.
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
52e25f1eb56cbb0c5fd94653fa732c3ea14d5f6.pjpg

yeah man thats the streets, the demon in a dress. in the vid there is a clsoe up of thsoe 2 and her sunglasses have dollar signs on em for a sec
'her eyes glow green with the logo of our dreams.' and
'they say the streets is a demon in a dress, with dollar signs in her eyes and...'

This might be late...but I didn't see anybody post it.

Did anyone notice that "Michael Young History" is a play on "My Cool Young History"?

Originally Posted by arhymingape12

lol@ the pics
but here's the storyline and chronology for The Cool
1. He Say She Say
MYH growing up

2. Sunshine
MYH starts falling for the Streets

3. The Coolest
This leads up to MYH's tragic death

4. Real Recognize Real (pillz)
Reveals that MYH has died

5. I Don't Feel So Good
MYH dies, mother falls for the Game

6. Superstar
MYH is rejected from heaven

7. The Cool
MYH is brought back as The Cool

8. The Die (could be between 3 and 4 if this reviewer is really as much as idiot as he seems)
"The Cool (the character) gets shot and dies at the end of "The Die" while listening to a Lupe song."
i didn't type this either i got this from another board

Which mixtapes are those on? I have all the Fahrenheit's, Lupe the Jedi, It Was Written, The Coolest Mixtape and haven't heard them.
Lupe is agenius. I remember cats was saying that Lupe's freestyle in the sifer was wack. Only if they knew he was setting up the prelude for The Cool.

The Coolest is an explanation of why Michael is forced to walk the Earth as one of the undead:

"No Heaven up above you/No Hell underneath you/ And no one will receive thee"

Sorry if it was found earlier.

Originally Posted by jrellcuse10

lol@ the pics
1. He Say She Say
MYH growing up

2. Sunshine

3. The Coolest

5. I Don't Feel So Good

6. Superstar

7. The Cool

8. The Die (could be between 3 and 4 if this reviewer is really as much as idiot as he seems)
"The Cool (the character) gets shot and dies at the end of "The Die" while listening to a Lupe song."

Which mixtapes are those on? I have all the Fahrenheit's, Lupe the Jedi, It Was Written, The Coolest Mixtape and haven't heard them.
Lupe is a genius. I remember cats was saying that Lupe's freestyle in the sifer was wack. Only if they knew he was setting up the prelude for The Cool.

i think most of them were on F&L? I dont feel so good is off the Fahrenheit 1/15 Part III: A RHYMING APE mixtape, PM me if u need it, i will tryand get it to you.

lol@ the pics
1. He Say She Say
MYH growing up

2. Sunshine

3. The Coolest

5. I Don't Feel So Good

6. Superstar

7. The Cool

"Sunshine" is about Lu getting at a girl so how does that tie in? And is Micheal Young History the character from "The Cool"?

Yeah, Michael Young History is the guy from The Cool. It was him climbing out of his grave after heaven rejected him (Superstar).

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

sticky this already
frown.gif

Hey that Wu tang album thread aint get sticky'd, Freeway didnt, Beans, didnt, there needs to be a flood of Lupe threads like Wayne threads for a stickyto be made and unfortunately that aint happenin there would be like 6 album sticky'd threads if this wasnt the case. theres not much you can do the 4thquarter is flooded with anticipated joints

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by jrellcuse10

lol@ the pics
1. He Say She Say
MYH growing up

2. Sunshine

3. The Coolest

5. I Don't Feel So Good

6. Superstar

7. The Cool

Lupe is a genius. I remember cats was saying that Lupe's freestyle in the sifer was wack. Only if they knew he was setting up the prelude for The Cool.
i think most of them were on F&L? I dont feel so good is off the Fahrenheit 1/15 Part III: A RHYMING APE mixtape, PM me if u need it, i will try and get it to you.

It is? Ok thanks. I gotta listen to it again.

I Don't Feel So Good:

When that bullet came through a wall (Did she feel it?)/
When he stopped and he dropped and he died (Did he feel it?)/
When his mama closed his eyes (Did he feel it?)/
When she couldn't take the pain (Could she feel it?)/
When the dope flows through her veins (Did she feel it?)/
When she took of all her clothes (Did she feel it?)/
When she slid down that pole (Did she feel it?)/
Will it all be clear to see? (Will I feel it?)/
If God forgives me (Will I feel it?)/

So if I'm interpreting this right, he died from a stray bullet. As a result of his death, his mother couldn't take the pain and succumbed to drugs. Tosupport her habit she is forced to strip in exchange for drugs. God may or may not forgive him because of the grief and anguish he caused while he was stillalive.

Am I right?

yeah man thats the streets, the demon in a dress. in the vid there is a clsoe up of thsoe 2 and her sunglasses have dollar signs on em for a sec
'her eyes glow green with the logo of our dreams.' and
'they say the streets is a demon in a dress, with dollar signs in her eyes and...'

damn, good eye son...this is seriously sick and underrated with his lyrics....if people would only listen...

Now, I know Lupe said there's only a few tracks to Michael Young History's story, but listen to these tracks in this order and you get an interestingstory. I know, I'm reaching like Stretch Armstrong, but listen to the playlist with an open mind.
eek.gif
You need Lupe's whole library.

Intro (F&L)
He Say, She Say
Kick Push
Kick Push 2
Just Might Be Okay
Sunshine
Ghetto Story (Steady Mobbin)
Hustlaz Song
Game Time
Fast Money
Spaze Out
The Coolest
The After Life
Theme Music To A Drive By (Advance Intro)
Real Recognize Real (Pillz)
I Don't Feel So Good
Superstar
The Cool

Back
Top Bottom