Official**Lupe Fiasco's The Cool**Thread

this story is crazy!!
ive been listening to the songs more and more and i really wanna know who michael's mom is. cause its seems like after michael died she became "thestreets"
and "the game" is sin, everything wrong with the world. forces michael to become what he is and leads him to death

^^^^ok now im lost..whos michael..what songs are telling thesee stories...what are u guys talkin about...som1 help me ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

^ The story is supposed to go like a comic book.

The main character of the story is Michael Young History who is originally introduced in The Cool (from Food & Liquor). Other songs were made that had todo with the story, but it was like a Tarantino movie how his first song was during the middle of the story. This album contains much more of the story.

In the song "The Cool," he said

"He came back
In the same suit that he was buried in
Similar to the one his grand father was married in
Yes... he was still fresh to death
Bling, two ear-rings, a chain laying on his chest
He still had it cuz they couldn't find it
And the bullets from his enemies sat like two inches behind it
Smelled the Hennesy from when his n****s got reminded"

That was saying he was already dead. The recent single "Superstar," is the story of how he died and went to Heaven but was rejected from Heaven andhe came back to Earth, like living-dead.

Go back a few pages in the thread and it tells you what song explains what.

Micheal Young History is the kid from He Say/She Say
The Cool was from The COOL
The Streets is a women
The Game is a Man, they are booth seperate entities

The Cool was to cool to make it into heaven, the Streets and the Game aren't allowed in to Heaven, that is whey in Superstar they were still standing onthe carpet. Superstar is about standing outside the gates of Heaven, trying to get in.

The Cool was to cool to make it into heaven...

wait what exactly is the cool? i thought it was the personification of american lifestyle...but some of yall are saying that its michael himself.But that doesnt make any sense because in the song "the cool" michael is chasing the cool...

The Cool IMO is what everyone wants to be, successful and glorified. I thought that Michael was chasing the cool but became influenced by the streets and thegame.

Ya I'm digging, even more so then Lupe planned, but I don't care because it makes the story way more vivid.

Spaze out - Michael is killing his hood. He is now at his peak.
The Coolest - The Streets gives Michael the key to the Streets, talks about his transition from he say she say
The After Life - Michael killing his hood so hard there is now hate. Michael strapped up. mentions heroine (game's son), mentions his hand, and the loss ofhis righteousness. Because the streets gave michael the key to the streets, game is now jealous.
Intro (theme music to a drive by) - Michael's hood is now dead, mentions the game, mentions the cool, theme music to a drive by is the end of michael'slife
Real Recognize Real (pillz) - Michael is now dead, his mom mourns, mentions Streets, mentions Game, strippers sliding down Game's leg is michael's mom
I don't feel so good - talks about Michael's mom's degradation, talks about Michael's death.
Superstar - Michael is denied from heaven
The cool - Michael emerges from his grave as The Cool

Originally Posted by quik1987

Ya I'm digging, even more so then Lupe planned, but I don't care because it makes the story way more vivid.

Spaze out - Michael is killing his hood. He is now at his peak.
The Coolest - The Streets gives Michael the key to the Streets, talks about his transition from he say she say
The After Life - Michael killing his hood so hard there is now hate. Michael strapped up. mentions heroine (game's son), mentions his hand, and the loss of his righteousness. Because the streets gave michael the key to the streets, game is now jealous.
Intro (theme music to a drive by) - Michael's hood is now dead, mentions the game, mentions the cool, theme music to a drive by is the end of michael's life
Real Recognize Real (pillz) - Michael is now dead, his mom mourns, mentions Streets, mentions Game, strippers sliding down Game's leg is michael's mom
I don't feel so good - talks about Michael's mom's degradation, talks about Michael's death.
Superstar - Michael is denied from heaven
The cool - Michael emerges from his grave as The Cool

For real, what mixtapes are these on? I own Lupe the Jedi, The Coolest Mixtape, All 3 Fahrenheits and It Was Written. Is it on Touch The Sky?

^^^^^LOL, like I said, I know. I said from the start i was reaching like stretch armstrong, but TRUST ME, listen to the playlist.

As for those tracks, I've had them for like 3 years now, forgot where I downloaded from.

Originally Posted by jrellcuse10

The Cool IMO is what everyone wants to be, successful and glorified. I thought that Michael was chasing the cool but became influenced by the streets and the game.

yes and Micheal is the walking, talking personification of that lifestyle...thats why he is the cool

I haven't heard the CD yet, but if Micheal Doesn't die then he can't be the cool. He's chasing the cool but I don't ever think he gotthere.

if you go to lupefiasco.com and go to his discussion board..there is a lupe file sharing thread...thats where i got "the after life" not too long agoand a couple of other old joints

yeah man, not every song lupe wrote is about this storyline.
and MYH wasn't let into heaven cause he was NOT cool enough. check the lyrics of superstar
'and then it hit me, standin outside of heaven waiting for god to come and get me, i'm to uncouth, unschooled to the rules and to gumshoe, to much of anew comer and to UN COOL'
i also find it very hard to beleive that sunshine is part of the storyline, i think lupe would have made a much better track for when MYH fell for the streets.

currently listening to 'dedicated' sick track by him, i suggest everyone check it out.

wow this is really good, i just hope lu doesnt lose me like coheed and cambria did trying to make their story albums work

quik1987.....I applaud you my man, I just made a playlist with those songs in that order and they go together perfect.The only thing I took out waskick push 1 and 2 and Sunshine but I can see how they could flow with it

nvm: I had to put them joints back
pimp.gif

Usually I'm the one reaching. but I think a lot of people are doing to much. I think he had the idea but I don't think the whole CD was part of theconcept. I think He Say/She Say and Just might be OK, and the Cipher are the ones on them.

I cant believe how long this is taking, lupe deserves it tho after food and liqour leaked SOO early

Thanks MchunuDon, Make sure you have the OG Kick Push II with the sample. WAAAAAAYYYY better than the official one.

Back
Top Bottom