Official Mens Suits Thread ---- Post all Questions and Tips here...

YO! RFX... I don't know if you answered, but what do you do?
Yo do you guys do those Pocket Sqaure Tie combos or buy Pocket Squares by themselves? Because the Combos usually suck.

NEVER buy tie/pocket square combo. It's pretty tacky (and I don't intend to step on toes).

With pocket squares I rarely even allow my tie and square to be same base color - and black is the only exception if I'm going with 2 solids. I'm bigon the square because it truly seperates you from the bums who just rolled out of bed and "matched colors." One of my mentors likes to say,you're not truly fitted unless your square is in.

Lucky... really, I think you'd find Alan Flusser's books helpful in staying dandy.
smokin.gif
DF!!!

Yeah..
i know, i should of showed more sleeve but my dad didnt think i should so i was like it doesnt matter!

i loved looking better than all the other dudes at prom.

Yo how much cuff is to much? Because I tried copping a 46R suit online and it fits fine, but the sleeves seem a little to short, are there ways to get itlengthened or should I just do away with the suit? Its Polo too
frown.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

No more than an inch

haha this bad boy like 2 inches
frown.gif
, I guess I might have to sell it or something.

eek.gif

I gotta see that...

Good to see this back on the front page again.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

No more than an inch

haha this bad boy like 2 inches
frown.gif
, I guess I might have to sell it or something.

eek.gif

I gotta see that...

Good to see this back on the front page again.
happy.gif

its about as high as this guys sleeve is, maybe a TAD big higher, I just hate to give it up,because the suit is clean.

6028Ianweb.jpg

It's probably already been stated many times in this post, but I'll reemphasize it: never, and I do mean never, button the bottom button on your suitjacket.

Originally Posted by Jimmylimmy

It's probably already been stated many times in this post, but I'll reemphasize it: never, and I do mean never, button the bottom button on your suit jacket.

You could never say that enough.

I just realized I need my suit tailored because the arms are a little too long. How much is that gonna set me back? And since this is my first suit, Idon't have any vents. Can they cut vents into my suit?

What's the overall consensus on Tom James suits? This guy I used to work with swore by them, them joints looked pretty fly.

For all you experts out there, I have a question.....I am a bigger dude, 6'2 250lb, bit of a gut...if I am trying to keep the focus off my torso withpocket square, should I not wear ties with patterns??? I have a few gucci ties with patterns (mini interlocking g's monogram, horsebite print) and aclassic burberry print tie...should i not wear these????

if my suit it black what color should my pocket square be??

and one more time since I dont remember (in order of button)
1-sometimes
2-always
3-never

^^^is that right?????

infernal affairs suite haha looks good man get a simpler belt though but overall u got a great suite thehbkid

Let's bring this thread back from the dead.
Here's a quick pic of a new 3-piece suit, H&M. jacket not shown as I probably plan on wearing it like this more often.
It's impossible to see in the pics but it is actually tweed like material.
ws8uc9.jpg

xpsmwy.jpg

RXF.. how much did that run you? I was at H&M today and didn't see it. Looks fresh.

Oh, and a word of advice to the youngins.. if you ever steer away from the black belt/black shoe combo, make sure you find a belt FIRST, and a shoe SECOND. Ibought these Boss shoes a couple of weeks back, and I've literally searched high and low and have not found anything that even comes close to matching. Iended up having to get one custom made for me.

24213_031_3.jpg

^^^ The H&M are sold as separates but $40 for each piece is not bad at all.

As for buy a belt before the shoe comment, I don't necessarily think you need to match the shoe and belt to an exact color shade. A dark brown shoe will dofine with dark brown belt. It would just be too difficult sicne not every shoe maker makes a matching belt.
Check out Allen Edmonds, they have a huge choice of colors when it coems to belts. Johnston & Murphy also has a decent color choices, worth a look.
To be honest though, a custom made belt from a reputable leather belt maker will be a much better choice.

need to step the cuff link game up, I only got like 2 pairs. Anyone know where to get some nice unique ones at. I keep seeing the same ones when I go toK&G.

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! ^ I've been ghost from this thread... you ever tell what you do for a living? DF!!!

I've answered it a couple times before but now I just tend to ignore the question.
So I'll just say I work at a corporate company that owns/manages several businesses, including real state, nursing homes and a couple of small businesses.
Nothing really interesting, at least not to NTers.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by retrospect90

need to step the cuff link game up, I only got like 2 pairs. Anyone know where to get some nice unique ones at. I keep seeing the same ones when I go to K&G.

Paul Smith has some nice ones but it could get quite pricey. I particularly like PS because it has a bit of "playfulness" in them, it's not tooserious.
I like these ones from PS, for a more playful side.
a8xa-cuff-charm-2-15470.jpg
a8xa-cuff-ncar-1-15852.jpg
a8xa-cuff-charm-3-15472.jpg
a8xa-cuff-lady-1-15474.jpg

For a more serious side...
a8xa-cuff-ties-v6-16137.jpg
a8xa-cuff-ncott-b-15724.jpg
a8xa-cuff-ties-v2-16133.jpg
a8xa-cuff-ties-v5-16135.jpg

Burberry also makes some nice ones.

I like some Ferragamo as well.

Want to be more stylish? Get Gucci.

[img]http://www.neimanmarcus.com/products/mn/NMN4726_mn.jpg[/img][img]http://www.neimanmarcus.com/products/mn/NMN4727_mn.jpg[/img]

Back
Top Bottom