***Official Political Discussion Thread***

And George just kicking it, writing never Trump think pieces and snappy twitter comebacks while all this is going on
beli.png

Yo......Throw away the key!

So she took a nude photo on her phone...and “doesn’t think she sent that it to anyone else” and “no one else could have that photo”
1611651766009.gif

I’m not trying to have the feds bust down my door so I’m not searching for articles and its vile if Kellyane did that but the explanation there was interesting.

Also - I haven’t been following all her/her fam’s drama heavy but she looks like she got the Kylie Jenner Starter Package (plastic surgery included) since she became a social media fixture :lol:

Belgium's gridlock isn't an economic problem though. From what I understand it's a cultural one, Belgium Belgium can correct if I'm wrong.
Ours is mostly cultural indeed but economics also plays a substantial role. Aside from the overarching cultural factor, Belgium’s northern half (Flanders) also contributes significantly more to the economy than the southern half (Wallonia).

Flanders therefore tends to see Wallonia as economic leeches. Think of it as how in the US, some from wealthy states look down on other states as ‘welfare states’ that rely on federal subsidies made possible by the economic prowess of the wealthy states.

The biggest issue causing our gridlock is cultural though as you said. Belgium has 3 national languages: Flanders speaks Dutch, Wallonia speaks French, the Brussels region also predomand the tiny German region speaks (obviously) German.
We also have a total of 6 governments, each with their own parliament and ministers. That doesn’t exactly help the communication issues as you can imagine.

Abig issue is that Wallonia refuses to make learning Dutch mandatory in school, and many schools there simply don’t. A lot of members of parliament require a translator to understand eachother during parliamentary sessions, hence all the earpieces.
Learning all of our national languages is of course mandatory in Flanders and the German speaking region.

Additionally, there’s now also a big political divide between Flanders and Wallonia.
Flanders is overwhelmingly on the right, with our far right party making huge gains leading to a second place finish in the federal election, though still behind our regular conservative party.

Wallonia on the other hand rejects the right and votes overwhelmingly for left or far left parties.

Also, none of the parties are willing to enter a coalition with the far right party despite them being the 2nd largest federal party.

When you take all this into account, it’s no wonder our version of gridlock is unlike any other country.

I have zero clue how much longer we can go like this, cause obviously things are heavily dependent on tourism.. and ain’t no real incentive with the hotels

and we got our own terrible leadership going

I know we’re better off than other places in the region.. but shh ain’t easy.. needed the US to get shhh together just so things could get back to normal instead of just pretending nothing is going on and just ignoring the rising death totals

woulda been nice to have had an actual adult running things stateside from when this thing kicked off

The island is semi-open to tourist when it causing some Coid spike, but if weren't, it would be an economic bloodbath.
I like how both of you provided examples of how poor governance of a powerful nation affects neighboring countries. This kind of stuff should be covered more in the news, and it's something more Americans should be aware of.

He's. Not too far from Space Force Command in FL.

*Sleep Joe is president of America, I'm president of SPACE!!"
He should move to Mercury so he can stare into the sun for all of eternity.

No “cap” (as the youth like to say) and I’m not a conspiracy theorist but based on what I’ve learned in school and in the workplace, I honestly believe the reports and claims that Mars is inhabitable which is why Elon Musk is pretty much rushing against the US Government to get there. If it is in fact inhabitable and Elon gets there first, he would rightfully get to stake claim and have his own got damn planet to rule. Same reason why Bezos created Blue Origin. These mega-billionaires aren’t investing in space for the good of mankind.

Just my industry x market x personal view

*Flame Suit Activated*

I like how both of you provided examples of how poor governance of a powerful nation affects neighboring countries. This kind of stuff should be covered more in the news, and it's something more Americans should be aware of.

the bahamas is 50 miles south of the US

it is a 45 min flight from Nassau/new providence to Miami or Fort Lauderdale.. it is far easier to get to America than to other parts of the Bahamas

pretty much every Bahamian is going over to the US to shop or education.. then throw in Disneyland and all that and those who have relatives over there

we watch American television and American sports

our ecconomy is primarily based on the millions of American tourist that come here on a yearly basis.. and then there are the banking and other things American related

i also did 4 years for high school and 4 years for college in the state of Florida

and somehow dwalk31 dwalk31 didnt think I could speak on certain issues because I’m not American

Last edited:
No “cap” (as the youth like to say) and I’m not a conspiracy theorist but based on what I’ve learned in school and in the workplace, I honestly believe the reports and claims that Mars is inhabitable which is why Elon Musk is pretty much rushing against the US Government to get there. If it is in fact inhabitable and Elon gets there first, he would rightfully get to stake claim and have his own got damn planet to rule. Same reason why Bezos created Blue Origin. These mega-billionaires aren’t investing in space for the good of mankind.

*Flame Suit Activated*
Yeah ....

About that.

Who is he going to rule?

And ... hmmm ... I believe you'd have superpowers that would just take that **** away from him. Who's to stop them?

The fact that Mars has been discovered already would negate any claim from an individual that stepped on it first.

*Flame Suit Activated*
Lots of infrastructure investment in space.

Elon Musk and others are building a digital wall around the world.

Back
Top Bottom