***Official Political Discussion Thread***

y’all?

1611640399102.gif

wait yall got 1200 with 600 coming right?

I don't quality but it is 1200 last summer, 600 going out now, another 1400 probably coming

Doesn’t Canada paypeople monthly who lost jobs? I’ll take the Canadian system over the American unemployment system any day. Granted I’m blessed and haven’t lost my job.

Doesn’t Canada paypeople monthly who lost jobs? I’ll take the Canadian system over the American unemployment system any day. Granted I’m blessed and haven’t lost my job.

If you lost your job during covid you can get 900 for every two weeks.

so 1800 CAD monthly.

If you lose your job in america with the cares act you get Unemployment insurance + 600 if your making minimum wage that should be like 1800 to 2000k USD a month right

your dollars are worth more than ours so yall def got more.

I got a stimulus check in the mail and there was a letter attached that said "don't think we forgot them taxes you owe us bruh. We coming for all that once this pandemic **** quiets down"

and in canada if you didn't lose your job (aka me) we get nothing.

yall at least got a stimulus check.

now your system of government is an insane labyrinth filled veto points, so every extension of the ui program is like playing chicken with moving train.

it's much more stressful than Canada, where Trudeau can just hammer out a deal in a couple days. no stress no mess.

**** has been hard in Lucia because they are no safety net for people to fall back on.

My family members in the US and UK been sending down money to help other family and friends but for some people, they are reaching their breaking point. Thank god cost of living is on the cheaper side, banks know they can't press people right now so they are accepting small debt payments, and the exchange rate is favorable to people get money from relatives overseas.

The island is semi-open to tourist when it causing some Coid spike, but if weren't, it would be an economic bloodbath.

**** has been hard in Lucia because they are no safety net for people to fall back on.

My family members in the US and UK been sending down money to help other family and friends but for some people, they are reaching their breaking point. Thank god cost of living is on the cheaper side, banks know they can't press people right now so they are accepting small debt payments, and the exchange rate is favorable to people get money from relatives overseas.

The island is semi-open to tourist when it causing some Coid spike, but if weren't, it would be an economic bloodbath.

I have zero clue how much longer we can go like this, cause obviously things are heavily dependent on tourism.. and ain’t no real incentive with the hotels

and we got our own terrible leadership going

I know we’re better off than other places in the region.. but shh ain’t easy.. needed the US to get shhh together just so things could get back to normal instead of just pretending nothing is going on and just ignoring the rising death totals

woulda been nice to have had an actual adult running things stateside from when this thing kicked off

Back
Top Bottom