***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I forgot what Silverman’s comedy was like, so I went to Google. The third link I opened was about her apologizing to Paris Hilton for doing an offensive monologue while the latter was in the audience. In the article. there was also reference to her regret at a Britney Spears bit.

The stand-up comic responded to Hilton days later on "The Sarah Silverman Podcast" and said she "would never do those jokes today."

“Art changes over yrs as we know more & the world changes."

So I guess he understands that maybe people shouldn’t say some offensive things. I wonder what the difference is...

Personally, it makes it harder to take her critiques of cancel culture seriously when she also has been very direct when complaining about sexism in her industry.

I still don't get how you can be part of a group that suffers from oppression and be aware of that and want change, then act a totally different way about another marginalized group.

Seems like the social justice version of people who make it up the economic ladder, then want to pull up the ladder with them.

PSA: If we are talking about ****ty progressives, I want to remind people the Jacobin is trash.

I listen to a couple episodes of their podcast and it was laughable how much they strawman liberals and act like there is some consensus around a few weak sauce policies.

Just listen to the episode with Toure Reed today, at the end of it I was like...

EPwG3YsX4AACQAL

I stand dudes "How dare these liberals speak for all black people, but lemme tell you what all liberals think" schtick.

Last edited:
I forgot what Silverman’s comedy was like, so I went to Google. The third link I opened was about her apologizing to Paris Hilton for doing an offensive monologue while the latter was in the audience. In the article. there was also reference to her regret at a Britney Spears bit.

The stand-up comic responded to Hilton days later on "The Sarah Silverman Podcast" and said she "would never do those jokes today."

“Art changes over yrs as we know more & the world changes."

So I guess he understands that maybe people shouldn’t say some offensive things. I wonder what the difference is...

To be fair I'm pretty sure she apologized about the n-word race jokes also.

Tbh minds can differ on the subject but if def didn't care about Sarah Silverman's race jokes at the time.

So her apologies now I don't really care.

Her whole schtick I took as a satire of horrible white women; saying objectively horrible things while presenting it in the package of insincere sickly sweet white women talk.

So the racist stuff was a natural extension of the bit.

Now whether you think she pulled it off minds can differ.

For me it was hit and miss but it's very obvious the intent of it wasn't malicious.

Lol little Tucker was born rich and is paid to say stupid things because he’s a non threatening looking white man. Funny how people even listen to him

Back
Top Bottom