***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Belgium Belgium got some explaining to do

Belgium has a massive political split along the lines of the language barrier.
Wallonia, the southern French-speaking region, is very left wing. Flanders on the other hand, the northern Dutch-speaking region, is solid right wing.

That part of France in the image borders our Flanders region for the most part. Strange how our political views seem to align along the French border :lol:

So if Congress was to create a bill for student loan forgiveness Biden would sign off on it?
Who knows? But I don't think he would eliminate it straight up.

Didn't even know there was a new extension. I was ready to start re-paying.

So if Congress was to create a bill for student loan forgiveness Biden would sign off on it?
Yes, probably

When Warren wanted to include 10K in the first Covid bill he supported that

And If a bill forgiving student loans passes Congress, Biden is signing it

He is not against large scale forgiveness of student debt, it is just that he doesn't feel an executive action is the way to do it

giphy.gif

That's true. But he did say that "we" should forgive 10k/person. I am not sure what's happening with that.

He said that because when the first Covid relief bill was being negotiated, Warren proposed 10K in forgiveness for everyone.

That is why he is name-dropping her. The Covid relief bill was a bipartisan piece of legislation.

Biden was for the 10K in BBB, but the centrist demanded it be taken out, and then the plan was to use this year's reconciliation to address it. But Manchin ****ed up everyone's plans

The 10K thing died not because of Biden flipping, but centrist on his own party sabotaging his platform

The conservative right really took some Qanon **** and make it even crazier...

Fox News might get a teacher killed one of these days.

There already seems to be chatter about weaponizing sex offender registries against people

Back
Top Bottom