***Official Political Discussion Thread***

preview.jpeg-1.jpg

Man what? Not everyone is cut out to be a teacher. Letting them teach in classrooms, potentially without any relevant education, sounds awful for both the students and the veterans taking up that offer.
And teachers are generally underappreciated and certainly underpaid.

they want to do everything but pay teachers, it's ridiculous.

hiring just anyone is already crazy but spouses as well? makes no sense.

for every moronic thing they do they do something good.

Florida stays wilding with little good.

Yeah, I just can’t see Desantis surviving on the national stage. I get he polls well with Republicans but he isn’t a snarky millionaire whose been a public figure for almost 40 years either.

Trump is so hard to gauge as a national model because he is outlier based on a lot of factors other politicians can’t replicate.

Desantis has been a Governor and he’ll be judged on his policies (which are crap) and Florida has a horrible reputation in general with people who don’t even know who Desantis is. The majority of Americans are not going to be ok with veterans (and their spouses) being given a fast pass to teachers job because it’s a stupid policy.

Desantis does stuff to own the Dems that plays great in Florida but just comes off as stupid to everyone else that isn’t willfully ignoring that.

Last edited:

Yeah, I just can’t see Desantis surviving on the national stage. I get he polls well with Republicans but he isn’t a snarky millionaire whose been a public figure for almost 40 years either.

Trump is so hard to gauge as a national model because he is outlier based on a lot of factors other politicians can’t replicate.

Desantis has been a Governor and he’ll be judged on his policies (which are crap) and Florida has a horrible reputation in general with people who don’t even know who Desantis is. The majority of Americans are not going to be ok with veterans (and their spouses) being given a fast pass to teachers job because it’s a stupid policy.

Desantis does stuff to own the Dems that plays great in Florida but just comes off as stupid to everyone else that isn’t willfully ignoring that.

a bunch of campaign posters with "Ron Desantis, Floridaman!" would be great

it's stupid but it doesn't matter, no random veteran ever thought "I'd love to be a teacher but my lack of a degree is stopping me."

they get veteran preference to a million government jobs that are gravy. why would they go teach? :lol:

DeSantis is one slick **** man. He already passed the bill to carry in classrooms.

I'm filling out my mail-in vote sheet rn and I can't bring myself to vote for most of the Dems. But I'll do whatever it takes to vote RDS out.

Florida teacher here. There is a huge teacher shortage in this state, but the new rule allowing for vets and spouses with no degrees to fill these positions is insane.

Just this week my school had a world class athlete denied a p.e. position because he had the wrong bachelors degree from an SEC school, but a military spouse with a couple of years of community college can get hired.

You already do not need a “teaching degree” to teach in the state of Florida and we already have opportunities for veterans to teach/work in schools through JROTC programs. People need to see this for what it is - purely a move to entice uneducated conservatives into the classroom with hopes that they can influence the children.

It is seriously an embarrassing time to be a teacher here.

Florida teacher here. There is a huge teacher shortage in this state, but the new rule allowing for vets and spouses with no degrees to fill these positions is insane.

Just this week my school had a world class athlete denied a p.e. position because he had the wrong bachelors degree from an SEC school, but a military spouse with a couple of years of community college can get hired.

You already do not need a “teaching degree” to teach in the state of Florida and we already have opportunities for veterans to teach/work in schools through JROTC programs. People need to see this for what it is - purely a move to entice uneducated conservatives into the classroom with hopes that they can influence the children.

It is seriously an embarrassing time to be a teacher here.

Stay safe fam. These idiots don't realize the consequences of their actions but I doubt they care either.

12-13 year old migrant workers were found to be working multiple shifts at this subsidiary.

hiring just anyone is already crazy but spouses as well? makes no sense.
im totally generalizing here but most of the military wives i’ve personally interacted with would be absolutely terrible as an educator and especially a mentor/role model. yikes!!!

Back
Top Bottom