***Official Political Discussion Thread***

If I am a politician, especially a Republican, no way I'm giving the response to the State of the Union .

Something that should be easy, and inconsequential, says turning folk into memes

If I am a politician, especially a Republican, no way I'm giving the response to the State of the Union .

Something that should be easy, and inconsequential, says turning folk into memes
The response is a probably don’t do, the person they submitted was the abominable snowman

Sounds like she’s at a table reading for a high school play.

Couldn’t watch the sotu. Seeing Biden did well. Know republicans and Fox News were counting on gaffes and stumbles. They gotta be fuming.

1709874509586.png

Somewhat related to the AOC protest discourse. I think that endurance is going to be our best weapon.

As much as we should end this crap in Gaza NOW, our success hinges on protesting at every political even through our 2024 and beyond.

Yelling at AOC when she’s acting as a private citizen is not ideal. Disrupting her town halls this summer would be. We do not yet possess the power of veto at the highest level but what we can do is let every politician in this country know that our rage is not dissipating but is only growing more urgent and more focused with time.

I mostly love the personal, in-your-face direct action that gives politicians not a moment’s peace when outside their homes BUT a few have earned a right to not be protested when out and about and not acting in a political capacity.

Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, AOC, and a few other people should be given a pass when they are trying to see a movie or go out for dinner.

Disrupt their political events but let them enjoy Dune 2 in peace. Save the direct confrontations for actual reactionaries.

Back
Top Bottom