***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Cutting corners is exactly how those faults happened.

Boeing let some of the quality inspectors go because they were finding too many faults and slowing things down - so now someone less experience can just verify that they’ve done the work without the separate inspection.
A few months ago, there was also a story in the news about replacement parts with falsified documentation being used on planes. At the end of the day, airlines are responsible for holding the companies that provide the planes (Boeing) and the maintenance services accountable.

The other thing is, a lot of these large engineering companies are running into knowledge transfer issues because they stopped investing in their younger workforce decades ago, which in turn forced younger employees to quit for more money/benefits elsewhere. As the old guard retires, there's nobody left who knows what they're supposed to do, and that negatively impacts the quality of their products.

I don’t think the airlines are at fault for safety issues, they are slime balls a lot of the time but you can’t blame them for all the Boeing defects.

Boeing shouldn’t be allowed to regulate itself but it is.

A lot of airlines run all 737 fleets too so I’m sure they have these pos on order.

I get what you’re saying about the airlines holding Boeing responsible but they are just a Boeing customer. The government needs to hold them responsible. It’s not the airlines job to do that.

Yes you can let your money talk but it’s not your job to make sure companies are adhering to the law.

I saw Alaska with a max and the plug door ripped out the other day getting inspected. :lol:

delta have been getting the a320 neo which is the max 8 competitor, they don't have any max 8 if you want to avoid them.

he talked about the bs inspections Boeing does after they lobbied to let them inspect themselves.

capitalism :pimp:

Cutting corners is exactly how those faults happened.

Boeing let some of the quality inspectors go because they were finding too many faults and slowing things down - so now someone less experienced can just verify that they’ve done the work without the separate inspection.

I don’t disagree with the general idea but what do disagree with is that it’s the airlines that are cutting corners (if you were implying that). Boeing is the one who is cutting corners at the cost of passenger safety, not the airlines.

he talked about the bs inspections Boeing does after they lobbied to let them inspect themselves.

capitalism :pimp:
This is how I imagine Boeing be inspecting planes before they delivery them to airlines....

security-biztonsag.gif

Last edited:
there is no competition either, you got airbus or Boeing.

there are some smaller regional jet makers but bombardier got out of commercial all together and sold to airbus and embraer would just do the same if it tried to make bigger aircraft I'm sure.

I guess we can be thankful airbus seems to be doing good for now, airbus is nationalized though by French, German and Spanish governments.

I get what you’re saying about the airlines holding Boeing responsible but they are just a Boeing customer. The government needs to hold them responsible. It’s not the airlines job to do that.
It should be because it's the airlines that interface with the public, not Boeing.

Customer-facing companies usually verify that all their suppliers are compliant with the standards imposed by federal, state, or local regulations. When airlines sell us flying as a safe way to travel, it's based on the airline's assessment of the reliability of the planes they use, the reliability of the parts used, the effectiveness of their crew, and the reliability of their maintenance procedures (among other factors). They have to periodically audit all the actors in their supply chain In order to update their assessment of the reliability of their service. That's how they get to decide whether to hold Boeing's feet to the fire (or go with a different plane manufacturer) before an accident happens.

All these incidents we're seeing right now is the result of failures at multiple levels. I don't believe it's just Boeing. I wouldn't be surprised if airlines overlooked a lot of **** (pulled off some magical inspecting) to fast track delivery of the planes.

April 2023:

I don’t disagree with the general idea but what do disagree with is that it’s the airlines that are cutting corners (if you were implying that). Boeing is the one who is cutting corners at the cost of passenger safety, not the airlines.

I wouldn't blame Boeing alone for a tire falling off a landing gear during takeoff UNLESS they were involved in the maintenance and inspection process after delivery. From what I've read, airlines have the ability to contract independent, FAA-approved shops for that kind of stuff.

Ok yeah I see what you’re saying.

The whole thing is a joke, so Boeings customers who care only care about their stock price are supposed to hold Boeing accountable who also only cares about its stock price? :lol:

I knew Boeing had a problem getting planes delivered and I know delta bought a buttload of 737 max but they haven’t got them yet. We’ll see if they keep getting a320 neos instead.

Back
Top Bottom