***Official Political Discussion Thread***

68% of Californians disagree with Caliexit on a recent poll
I don't see it happening

ABC News Politics@ABCPolitics 3h3 hours ago

NEW: House Democrats write Pres. Trump urging immediate removal of Steve Bannon from permanent position on the NSC http://abcn.ws/2jYBZdQ  pic.twitter.com/JpfcIjEn4L

C3maFDlXUAY393J.jpg

C3maFSSWYAASfBl.jpg

I already know Mike Doyle and Bob Casey ain't havin it. But my other senator is Pat Toomey.........need I say more?
Toomey barely won.

United States Senate election in Pennsylvania, 2016[88]
Party Candidate Votes % ±
Republican Pat Toomey 2,923,742 48.94%
Democratic Katie McGinty 2,817,619 47.16%

He may be swayed. Although since he's not up for reelection until 2022, he may stick with the party line. Either way, it doesn't hurt.

I don't think a letter is going to make Trump remove Bannon from the NSC. Has to be something else they can do?

J.A. Adande@jadande 3h3 hours ago

Total words used to praise MLK, Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman & Rosa Parks: 53. Number of words used to praise Omarosa: 51.

Glenn Greenwald@ggreenwald 9h9 hours ago

It took demand of Canada's Government for @FoxNews to finally delete false tweet blaming Muslims for mosque attackhttps://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/01/fox-news-deletes-false-quebec-shooting-tweet-justin-trudeau-mosque?CMP=twt_gu  …

New York Daily News@NYDailyNews Jan 31
.@ShaunKing: If Muslim gunmen killed six white Christians, the world would have Canadian flags as profile pictures http://nydn.us/2knm2i2  pic.twitter.com/eL8GrBqIkm

C3go5wKWcAAVWTh.jpg

"Trump's campaign committee started the year debt-free and has continued to press supporters for donations, which officials say they plan to stockpile for his next campaign. As of Dec. 31, his campaign had $7.6 million in the bank — a figure that has undoubtedly grown since in response to a slew of emails hawking inaugural merchandise and other solicitations."

Matea Gold@mateagold 18h18 hours ago

Trump campaign and RNC paid Trump properties $14 million for lodging, office rental, air fare, catering and morehttp://wpo.st/v9MY2  

Last edited:
In an interview with POLITICO Magazine, Ionov feigned surprise that those in the West would view his conferences—and his funding from the Kremlin—as cause for concern. “We’re working within the frame of international laws, and don’t want to violate international laws,” Ionov said. “I don’t understand why Western media says I want to destroy the West, or make U.S. states secede from the country.”

The notion, he said, that he’s a “Kremlin puppet, sent by Putin to destroy the West, is ridiculous.” (As Vice’s Alec Luhn found, Ionov’s office features a letter from Putin, thanking him for his “work to strengthen friendship between people.”)

Of course, Putin’s attaboy hasn’t stopped Ionov from offering his services to Western secession movements—while completely ignoring Russian separatists from places from Karelia or Siberia, who continue to be fined and jailed for their views. That’s because, for Ionov, such Russian separatist movements don’t actually exist.

“Nowadays,” Ionov told me via email over the summer, “the so-called Russian secession movements were artificially created by US intelligence in order to destabilize [the] political situation. … The western secession movements exist as an opposition to US imperialism, violence and hatred. And all of them love us, Russians, because we are good, kind and beautiful:))).

Sounds just like @TeamJordan79 :lol:

I already know Mike Doyle and Bob Casey ain't havin it. But my other senator is Pat Toomey.........need I say more?
Toomey barely won.

United States Senate election in Pennsylvania, 2016[88]
Party Candidate Votes % ±
Republican Pat Toomey 2,923,742 48.94%
Democratic Katie McGinty 2,817,619 47.16%

He may be swayed. Although since he's not up for reelection until 2022, he may stick with the party line. Either way, it doesn't hurt.

Yea, you're right, it's worth a try. I won't hold my breath though, dude has a knack for disappearing when it's time to stand for something and showing up when the party needs a lackey to spew nonsense. Cats tryna get Casey to sway and confirm DeVos but he's standing firm in his position so far.

And I honestly believe that if Fetterman would've won the Dem primary, hell, even Sestak, Toomey would've lost in November. McGinty is the Dem version of Toomey and she's a woman so you knew it wasn't gon work out for her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question, would any of yall be against a rule requiring those running for state or national office to set aside a percentage of donations made to their campaign in a fund for things that benefit communities?

Talking bout Toomey v. McGinty in PA was one of the most expensive Senate races, which is ridiculous considering the job pays way less.

If a person spends receives/spends $10M on a campaign, 1.5 of that should go into a public fund.

Last edited:
Shaun King@ShaunKing 4h4 hours ago

These 14 Democrats, until today, voted for ALL FIVE of Trump's nominees who were approved. 5 of 5. Yeah, really.pic.twitter.com/KmnSjDHY0V

C3mGsczW8AA0lNq.jpg

22 Democrats, until today, voted for 4 out of 5 of Trump's nominees. Add to this list: @ChrisMurphyCT @jontester @SenStabenowpic.twitter.com/qw0QdSRT0v

C3mHTTTW8AADZMS.jpg

These 5 Democrats, until today, voted for 2 of 5 of Trump's Nominees.pic.twitter.com/bkzVmuUOwE

C3mH0PWXUAEJG2p.jpg

Here are 5 brave Democrats who actually OPPOSED 3 out of 5 of Donald Trump's nominees.pic.twitter.com/eTuw8vtp7M

C3mIKg5WEAEG2uM.jpg

Then, the ONLY Democrat to OPPOSE 4 out of 5 of Trump's nominees until today has been my Senator, @SenGillibrand. She stands alone w/ that.pic.twitter.com/uEqODmjWLT

C3mIoP5XAAMEmro.jpg

The fact that Booker has the same record as Sanders and Warren, and Mini Hillary beat all of them is low key hilarious.

I know the Purity Test Progressives ain't know what to make of this

Last edited:

Keith for DNC@EllisonCampaign 36m36 minutes ago

DeVos is one GOP vote away from being voted down. If you live in PA, call Sen. Toomey's office NOW and tell him to vote no: (202) 224-4254.

Ryan Chapman@chapmanchapman Jan 31
The est. security cost for Melania living 200mi away from Trump is double the annual budget for the National Endowment for the Arts.

Keith for DNC@EllisonCampaign 36m36 minutes ago

DeVos is one GOP vote away from being voted down. If you live in PA, call Sen. Toomey's office NOW and tell him to vote no: (202) 224-4254.

Ryan Chapman@chapmanchapman Jan 31

The est. security cost for Melania living 200mi away from Trump is double the annual budget for the National Endowment for the Arts.

Is this real?

that's AMAZING, yo. Like, why isn't anyone talking abou this?? :lol:

Last edited:

These 14 Democrats, until today, voted for ALL FIVE of Trump's nominees who were approved.

I know they got a job to do but COME ON! Even Kaine voted Yea on Rex Tillerson? Really?

Back
Top Bottom