***Official Political Discussion Thread***

you do know that coverage through employers can still be ACA right? Many people dont understand this and dont know they have it.
He doesn't care because he will regardless be covered by his employer.

He's only looking at how it affects political parties. However, it's obviously deeper than the political game.

Medicaid still exists for da poor & middle income people are vaaastly covered by their jobs.
No shoot that they still have Medicaid right now
But the GOP wants to keep cutting it for the next 10 years and those benefits go kaput soon

And not all middle income people are covered by their employer, don't be this obtuse

It guaranteed healthcare for people who couldnt afford it

this is a misnomer.

no one has ever been turned away a da United State emergency room cuz they couldn't afford to see a doctor.

what Obamacare did is expect young and healthy people to purchase expensive insurance (they weren't going to buy) which in turn flooded da zone with da old, sick, and elderly and created a death spiral for insurance companies.

dems thought it was going to turn into single payer under Hillary Clinton...they thought wrong.

He doesn't care because he will regardless be covered by his employer.

He's only looking at how it affects political parties. However, it's obviously deeper than the political game.
I agree. What people who see it that way refuse to do is to look at the effects on people including themselves. The republicans would have gotten rid of the obama care mandate but still have kept the refusal to bar people with pre-existing conditions. Now ok your a person who is young or cant afford premiums or maybe dont want to pay them. So you wait until you get sick and now you decide to purchase healthcare and they cant deny you. This will cause premiums to rise for everyone because of the destabilization in the market. Thats like not having car insurance until you have an accident and you cant be denied.

Yes Democrats probably wanted to turn Obamacare in a single payer.

Because that's the only logically direction. Obamacare is a conservative compromised plan.

Once you accepted healthcare as universal "right" you can't really put it back in the bottle.

Democrats knew this.

That can still be ACA bruh

its not, my insurance is a combo of health savings accounts (HSA/FSA) Aetna, and employer contributions to my HSA/FSA once costs reach a certain #'s

Obamacare taxes actually threaten my plan, luckily my employer is under da roster # for it become a problem.

this is a misnomer.

no one has ever been turned away a da United State emergency room cuz they couldn't afford to see a doctor.

what Obamacare did is expect young and healthy people to purchase expensive insurance (they weren't going to buy) which in turn flooded da zone with da old, sick, and elderly and created a death spiral for insurance companies.

dems thought it was going to turn into single payer under Hillary Clinton...they thought wrong.
By healthcare i mean benefits, that is what we are talking about right? Not care at a hospital, cmon son. Try going to see a Dr with no healthcare plan. And who do you think the burden of that emergency room visit falls on? You think the hospitals are treating those people for free?

its not, my insurance is a combo of health savings accounts (HSA/FSA) Aetna, and employer contributions to my HSA/FSA once costs reach a certain #'s

Obamacare taxes actually threaten my plan, luckily my employer is under da roster # for it become a problem.
Ah so that's the real reason why you want to eliminate ACA
Lol now you're being honest

I'm going to have a good laugh when ninjas employer has the option to stop contributing to his HSA and takes advantage of that.

By healthcare i mean benefits, that is what we are talking about right? Not care at a hospital, cmon son. Try going to see a Dr with no healthcare plan. And who do you think the burden of that emergency room visit falls on? You think the hospitals are treating those people for free?

all da bull ish bout people are gonna die is da rhetoric about repealing is what im hearing.

what's this umbrage about da tax payers paying for emergency room? Obamacare offered Medicaid expansion with no money to back it up.. essentially doing da same thing lol.

Now I understand the real reason why Ninja wants ACA gone (taxes)

Which taxes? Dude doesn't make enough for capital gains to hit him harshly

And if has an employer plan, he health insurance is already subsidized by the federal government.

Actually McCain was the one that wanted to strip all employer plan tax deduction and throw the nation on a national marketplace. Conservatives would have been crying if that happen. Having to pay the full cost of their health insurance, and insurers allowed to price discriminate however they please. lol

Obama saved dem boys from the real free market booty clapping. Conservatives would have gotten concerned to wage growth real quick

I'm going to have a good laugh when ninjas employer has the option to stop contributing to his HSA and takes advantage of that.

only reason that would happen is if Obamacare implodes to da point some obscure Draconian taxes would further be levied on private businesses.. which would only further my point that Obamacare is metastasizing into deadly cancer on da US economy.

at da end of da day, im looking forward of that game of chicken those GOP senators who said aint voting for da repeal, after they voted for identical language in 2015.

ACA doesnt affect my healthcare because da employment #'s at my job is under da requirement. try again.
So why would mention that Obamacare taxes could potentially threaten your plan? This is the number one reason why conservatives want to get rid of ACA is not because of the benefits but because of the taxes.

all da bull ish bout people are gonna die is da rhetoric about repealing is what im hearing.

what's this umbrage about da tax payers paying for emergency room? Obamacare offered Medicaid expansion with no money to back it up.. essentially doing da same thing lol.
State spending on adults who are newly eligible for ACA Medicaid expansion fell like 7% in 2016. Thats according to CBPP a non partisan group.

I saw someone mention HSAs. Those things are useless for increasing people covered

If anything they are just a great way for the rich and upper class to shield the money from taxation.

Finance blogs already been breaking down that finesse move.

Geez, let's just have a public option with regulated private plans and call it a day. Around half of medical care spending is public money anyway. Let us stop acting like it goes against America's economics.

So why would mention that Obamacare taxes could potentially threaten your plan?

keyword WOULD'VE had da threshold of employees would've mandated my employer to be under da scrutiny of Obamacare.

da tax repeals are connected to tax reform, which apparently your conflating issues with healthcare Cadillac taxes.

State spending on adults who are newly eligible for ACA Medicaid expansion fell like 7% in 2016. Thats according to CBPP a non partisan group.

STATE spending...you do know da feds are picking up da majority of da freight right?

Back
Top Bottom