***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I like how the discussion has shifted from "witch hunt, let's get back to business, the media lies" to now it's "damage control, which heads will roll, how long will the trump administration survive before it's all over."

The latter is exactly what we were all saying months ago.

It's like we're ******* Nostradamus. Or the evidence was always there but the conservatives independents wanted to ignore it.

The funny thing of all this is that the media didn't even cause this ruckus...it all started with DTJr pulling a Fredo

The funny thing of all this is that the media didn't even cause this ruckus...it all started with DTJr pulling a Fredo
It started well before that. Obama and others knew all along. The evidence and investigation was in place. All they had to do was set the board and then go on vacation.

They probably expected it would take 1-2 years for this to play out. don jr's **** ups may accelerate how quickly public opinion tanks and thus how quickly congress begins to turn on trump in public, but it'll still take 1-2 years for everything.

edit: My bad, I may have misread your post. The current ruckus definitely was all don jr's doing. The media is just reporting it. It's hard for even a trump supporter to deny that.

Trump supporters are just gonna say this is another distraction. Repubs will have to lose seats before we can measure truly the impact of this scandal.

Trump supporters are just gonna say this is another distraction. Repubs will have to lose seats before we can measure truly the impact of this scandal.
True, but some of them will try to play chess and look a few moves ahead. If public opinion keeps going in the same direction and the investigation reveals even more, best believe at least a few Republican congressmen and congresswomen will see the writing on the wall and go public with their opposition of don trump ahead of the 2018 election.

True, but some of them will try to play chess and look a few moves ahead. If public opinion keeps going in the same direction and the investigation reveals even more, best believe at least a few Republican congressmen and congresswomen will see the writing on the wall and go public with their opposition of don trump ahead of the 2018 election.
Party over country. They're gonna do what's best for the Party. Trump is still very popular amongst Republican voters. They have to support him if he's supported by the base.

It started well before that. Obama and others knew all along. The evidence and investigation was in place. All they had to do was set the board and then go on vacation.

They probably expected it would take 1-2 years for this to play out. don jr's **** ups may accelerate how quickly public opinion tanks and thus how quickly congress begins to turn on trump in public, but it'll still take 1-2 years for everything.

edit: My bad, I may have misread your post. The current ruckus definitely was all don jr's doing. The media is just reporting it. It's hard for even a trump supporter to deny that.
Yeah I'm talking about the current state of affairs

It's funny how some conservatives are starting to get nervous of the UNPRESIDENTED COVFEFE that the president and his famb is doing to themselves

Party over country. They're gonna do what's best for the Party. Trump is still very popular amongst Republican voters. They have to support him if he's supported by the base.
Tbh, the republican leadership hitching their wagon to Trump would be a bad move. They have not done anything major in the first 100 days and are still stone walled by the healthcare legislation. It would be a good time within the next 6-12 months to start directing towards a Pence presidency.

The leaks are designed to setup a Barson/Devos 2018 run. Don playing ELITE level politics.

I reckon da Don still has a pretty long way to go. If there is any proven wrongdoing, republicans still have to actually care.

I reckon da Don still has a pretty long way to go. If there is any proven wrongdoing, republicans still have to actually care.
I feel like they should have Pence take over next year if they really want things done. All Trump has really done is become a huge distraction.

WAPO: Sessions discussed Trump campaign-related matters with Russian ambassador

Russia’s ambassador to Washington told his superiors in Moscow that he discussed campaign-related matters, including policy issues important to Moscow, with Jeff Sessions during the 2016 presidential race, contrary to public assertions by the embattled attorney general, according to current and former U.S. officials.

Ambassador Sergey Kislyak’s accounts of two conversations with Sessions — then a top foreign policy adviser to Republican candidate Donald Trump — were intercepted by U.S. spy agencies, which monitor the communications of senior Russian officials both in the United States and in Russia. Sessions initially failed to disclose his contacts with Kislyak and then said that the meetings were not about the Trump campaign.

One U.S. official said that Sessions — who testified that he has no recollection of the April encounter — has provided “misleading” statements that are “contradicted by other evidence.” A former official said that the intelligence indicates that Sessions and Kislyak had “substantive” discussions on matters including Trump’s positions on Russia-related issues and prospects for U.S.-Russia relations in a Trump administration.
500x1000px-LL-b493c7af_ezgif-3-1c5c9d91e3.gif

WAPO: Sessions discussed Trump campaign-related matters with Russian ambassador

Russia’s ambassador to Washington told his superiors in Moscow that he discussed campaign-related matters, including policy issues important to Moscow, with Jeff Sessions during the 2016 presidential race, contrary to public assertions by the embattled attorney general, according to current and former U.S. officials.

Ambassador Sergey Kislyak’s accounts of two conversations with Sessions — then a top foreign policy adviser to Republican candidate Donald Trump — were intercepted by U.S. spy agencies, which monitor the communications of senior Russian officials both in the United States and in Russia. Sessions initially failed to disclose his contacts with Kislyak and then said that the meetings were not about the Trump campaign.

One U.S. official said that Sessions — who testified that he has no recollection of the April encounter — has provided “misleading” statements that are “contradicted by other evidence.” A former official said that the intelligence indicates that Sessions and Kislyak had “substantive” discussions on matters including Trump’s positions on Russia-related issues and prospects for U.S.-Russia relations in a Trump administration.

LOL, Jeff "I don't recall" Sessions what a bum

Dwalk31 is call out Libbies for conjecture and innuendo. Wake me up when we see a Coal stamped indictment. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom