***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Surely after all da Dapper Don's comments against the press, anonymous sources, classified leaks, ... he wouldn't tweet out a Fox News article containing classified information from anonymous sources, right?
After all, anonymous sources and leaks means it's FAKE NEWS and surely he wouldn't be promoting leaked classified information after all his criticism. Just doesn't sound like something da straight shooter would be doing.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/345689-trump-on-north-korea-we-must-be-tough-decisive
Trump shares report on N. Korea missiles based on anonymous intel sources
President Trump early Tuesday shared a report on North Korean cruise missiles based on information from anonymous sources amid his administration's crackdown on leaks.

The president in a tweet shared an article from "Fox & Friends" that says U.S. spy agencies "detected the rogue communist regime loading two anti-ship cruise missiles on a patrol boat on the country’s east coast just days ago."

The report cites anonymous sources in the intelligence community, a practice that Trump often criticizes. Attorney General Jeff Sessions also announced last week that the Department of Justice is considering stricter measures to prevent leaks.

United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley said on Tuesday that the report contains “classified information.”

“I can’t talk about anything that’s classified,” she said on Fox News. “And if that’s in the newspaper that’s a shame. I have no reason to comment on it.”

Trump on Tuesday also called for decisiveness in dealing with the North Korean threat.

"After many years of failure, countries are coming together to finally address the dangers posed by North Korea," he tweeted.

"We must be tough & decisive!"

Trump's tweets come after the United Nations Security Council last weekend voted to impose new sanctions against North Korea in retaliation for the regime's recent intercontinental ballistic missile tests.

Following the vote, North Korea vowed to respond, calling the new sanctions a "violent infringement of its sovereignty."

On Monday, Trump went after the media, claiming reporters weren't talking about the "importance of the" vote imposing the new sanctions.

THAT'S HIS RIGHT as OUR PRESIDENT to Share intel. We all serve at the pleasure of the PRESIDENT.

THAT'S HIS RIGHT as OUR PRESIDENT to Share intel. We all serve at the pleasure of the PRESIDENT.
Not only does he serve y'all for FREE, but he serves as our leader of the free world for FREE too
Dapper Don's tremendous generosity is just too much b :smh: This is proof God exists. :smokin

Not only does he serve y'all for FREE, but he serves as our leader of the free world for FREE too
Dapper Don's tremendous generosity is just too much b :smh: This is proof God exists. :smokin

Speaking of which, the national park system is raising senior citizen lifetime rates.... it was $10, now it's going up to $80 I believe. That $200k check that drumpf donated must not have helped.

"White resentment"... LMAO!!! the funniest ish I've heard in a long long time... SMH...

The level of disinformation the GOP has engaged in in 99% white, isolated communities across the country is very real. Those guys really do think that Black folks get free ****: school, food, housing, phones, cars...

They truly believe it. Literally. And it is sad because if they never get out of those areas they've been in forever (or if those areas stay homogeneous), that myth will persist.

They truly are angry and resentful, but their anger is based on falsehoods and is being used for political gains by the right.

Doesn't make it any better that there is usually one or two black families who have a generation or two ago gotten out of the hood and has been raised in those same neighborhoods and think the same way.
That "black friend" or "one of the good ones"

Three days after the MN mosque bombing, Trump has yet to say something...

"What do you have to lose?"

Anyone in here well versed in Kenya's election? I don't know anything about the candidates except that the slight underdog, Odinga, is claiming it's rigged.

Anyone in here well versed in Kenya's election? I don't know anything about the candidates except that the slight underdog, Odinga, is claiming it's rigged.

I'm not well versed but a good friend of mines is Kenyan and we discussed it the other day. He said his basically said his biggest worry right now is it being to close to call cause then tensions would be even higher especially with claims its rigged.

It was on the news here yesterday I think. The segment contained a small interview with a former president of Ghana amongst other things but I forgot his name. He urged the election to proceed peacefully and expressed positivity about the large number of people voting.
I didn't look further into it so besides that an election is going on I don't really know much about it either. From what I do know the candidates are polling very close to eachother. There was also a killing of an election official that was on the news a number of days ago. The official was strangled and even tortured if I recall correctly.

Back
Top Bottom