***Official Political Discussion Thread***

You.
Are.
An.
Idiot.

The 13th amendment restricted slavery to jail sentences.

Wanna kill off the prison industrial complex? Proposing an amendment that completely eliminates the practice of slavery would be a start, not eliminating the amendment that restricts its practice without any amendment proposal to improve the 13th.

It's the same song and dance your party did with the ACA. First, it was repeal and replace, until the time came to put up or shut up. We then found out that there wasn't (and there still isn't) a replacement plan.

You are an idiot if you believe Kanye's nonsense AND if you think we are as dense as you to believe his bull****.

I will address all of your points in turn. And will add, I appreciate that you actually responded.

I know what the 13th amendment did.

Are you ok with slavery being ok--under law--for people that are incarcerated? The percentage of men, that look like me, locked in these cages is not cool with me. And I am not going to sit and act like he didn't make a valid point as it relates to the trap into slavery that is allowed via: 13th amendment.

I agree. And we both know that was his point.

I have no idea what this means.

I have the ability to sift through what someone says and comprehend their intent. If understanding was your intent, then you would too.

I have no idea what this means.
The GOP in 2015-16: "we will repeal and replace"

The GOP in 2017: "we can't repeal and replace because we actually don't have a plan"

Trump in 2017: "who knew that healthcare was so complicated?"

GOP in 2018: "Let's just kill off portions of the ACA and let's not mention a replacement plan anymore. The electorate won't notice."

If you can't remember this sequence of events, there is not much I can do for you and there is no point in having a honest discussion if I have to do the work of reminding you all the things that happened and that you allegedly and conveniently forget.

^^^ Does anyone know why he went back over there? I read where he was banned but didn’t know if it was family or the Government lured him, or maybe a story.
He was a US permanent resident, and he needed to renew his Saudi passport from what I've heard.

He was a US permanent resident, and he needed to renew his Saudi passport from what I've heard.

Got it. I went to try to find but it was about the secret tapes - no mention of why he went. This is not going to end up good for someone. Especially Mr. “110 billion dollars”.

The GOP in 2015-16: "we will repeal and replace"

The GOP in 2017: "we can't repeal and replace because we actually don't have a plan"

Trump in 2017: "who knew that healthcare was so complicated?"

GOP in 2018: "Let's just kill off portions of the ACA and let's not mention a replacement plan anymore. The electorate won't notice."

If you can't remember this sequence of events, there is not much I can do for you and there is no point in having a honest discussion if I have to do the work of reminding you all the things that happened and that you allegedly and conveniently forget.

I guess I don't know what this has to do with the merits of Kanye's rant.

Did politicians misrepresent? Sure. "If you like your doctor, you can keep them."

We can go on and on abut misrepresentations on both sides. But what, exactly, do you dislike about the merits of what Kanye said.

I have the ability to sift through what someone says and comprehend their intent. If understanding was your intent, then you would too.
You seem to be able to selectively summon this ability depending on the person being discussed. It's pretty convenient for your arguments.

I have the ability to sift through what someone says and comprehend their intent.
It seems you were able to infer just fine the point Kanye was trying to get across.

Would you mind explaining how and why you previously lost that ability, including the ability in general to make any kind of inference from a person’s words beyond what was literally stated?
Did trump say that he had an issue with only the black players kneeling during the anthem? Or any players, no matter their race, kneeling. If he said the former, that is truly disgusting.

When trump says that he has an issue with only black players kneeling, but that he is ok with the white players kneeling then I will understand your position.

That would be disgusting and inexcusable.

It seems you were able to infer just fine the point Kanye was trying to get across.

Would you mind explaining how and why you previously lost that ability, including the ability in general to make any kind of inference from a person’s words beyond what was literally stated?

I disagree with your characterization of the statements. That isn't an inability to infer. We just deduced something different from the statements.

I completely understand how you came to the conclusion you did. You, however, seem unwilling to admit that I also had a reasonable interpretation of his statements.

Like the catholics can really say **** after what they did to their children over the last few decades (and centuries too, i suppose).

Turkish officials have audio and video evidence that shows missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi was killed inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, the BBC has been told

Back
Top Bottom