***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I'm all for hearing both sides of issues but I'm not trying to hear arguments about how we need to wait until we have a videotape of Roy Moore in action before calling him out. I am for picking my spots. If you find yourself on the side of Pedos, you are on the WRONG SIDE FAMB.
IT'S LIT!...

giphy.gif

-But real talk, his defense of Trump's family separation policies were equally as vile. Dude is morally bankrupt

I noted the issues with providing an incentive for illegal entry.

I stated my position before, but I will do it again:

The issue with illegal entry is that many of the children that make that journey with their parents die or are trafficked. What's worse is that once in America many of those same individuals are exploited and they have no remedy and/or they are afraid to report due to their undocumented status. The only real solution is comprehensive immigration reform. The status quo is horrible for many that are coming to America seeking a better life. It is a tough conversation because parents calculate the risk for their children and many come to the conclusion (I assume) that possible death, sex trafficking, and/or exploitation once in America is better than what they are fleeing. That might be true. But due to the very serious risks associated with that journey, I think providing incentive for illegal entry is an irresponsible course of action.

There is no need to mis-characterize anything I say. I am always willing to state my position, and we can agree or not.

I'm all for hearing both sides of issues but I'm not trying to hear arguments about how we need to wait until we have a videotape of Roy Moore in action before calling him out. I am for picking my spots. If you find yourself on the side of Pedos, you are on the WRONG SIDE FAMB.

You most likely have no idea whether Roy Moore is a pedophile.

If you do, I am sorry for any experience you may have had.

Like I said before, I have been wrong. I do not know whether he is a pedophile or not. I have never met him. But for me, the standard must be more than allegations.

Like I said before, I have been wrong. I do not know whether he is a pedophile or not. I have never met him. But for me, the standard must be more than allegations.
You most likely have no idea that the Special Counsel's investigation is a witch hunt. However, you have expressed the opinion that it is.

You most likely have no idea that the Special Counsel's investigation is a witch hunt. However, you have expressed the opinion that it is.

I think the investigation is politically motivated and continuing due to sour grapes. I have no issue with stating that is my opinion.

That is not the same as calling someone a pedophile because they were accused of being one. And further saying that I am a pedophile supporter when it has not been established that the underlying individual is a pedophile.

It gets even more ridiculous when you suggest that support for due process is one of the most despicable things heard on niketalk.

Given this high-level analysis, I understand why some in here choose to remain in character. Satire is easier than discussion on the merits.

I just hope dwalk gets paid for the trolling he does.

Russian 2016 Influence Operation Targeted African-Americans

“The most prolific I.R.A. efforts on Facebook and Instagram specifically targeted black American communities and appear to have been focused on developing black audiences and recruiting black Americans as assets,” the report says. Using Gmail accounts with American-sounding names, the Russians recruited and sometimes paid unwitting American activists of all races to stage rallies and spread content, but there was a disproportionate pursuit of African-Americans, it concludes.

The report says that while “other distinct ethnic and religious groups were the focus of one or two Facebook Pages or Instagram accounts, the black community was targeted extensively with dozens.” In some cases, Facebook ads were targeted at users who had shown interest in particular topics, including black history, the Black Panther Party and Malcolm X. The most popular of the Russian Instagram accounts was @blackstagram, with 303,663 followers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/17/us/politics/russia-2016-influence-campaign.html

That’s what I was getting at. You want to fight for that? There should be agreement on sexual assault being a bad thing

Based on the allegations would you be comfortable with girls in your family spending time with Roy Moore?

I also find your due process deflection funny and transparent. You always mention "people that look like you" when caping for suspected pedos and other unsavory characters but I've never seen you in any of the threads (police brutality thread, racism is American as baseball and other threads) that talk about due process for people that look like you. You believe Roy Moore but think the investigation into Trump is a witch hunt.

Based on the allegations would you be comfortable with girls in your family spending time with Roy Moore?

I also find your due process deflection funny and transparent. You always mention "people that look like you" when caping for suspected pedos and other unsavory characters but I've never seen you in any of the threads (police brutality thread, racism is American as baseball and other threads) that talk about due process for people that look like you. You believe Roy Moore but think the investigation into Trump is a witch hunt.

The standard for being comfortable with girls in my family spending time with someone is lower than required to be considered a pedophile. I also don't have any small girls in my family so I am speaking from that perspective.

I don't believe or disbelieve Roy Moore. I don't know at all. But I do believe in due process. I have been in those other threads. Police brutality is disgusting. Racism is, indeed, as American as baseball. My stance on due process is the same in all of those situations.

I do think that the investigation is political and continuing as a result of sour grapes. The Benghazi investigation was also political with the sides flipped.

I think the investigation is politically motivated and continuing due to sour grapes. I have no issue with stating that is my opinion.

That is not the same as calling someone a pedophile because they were accused of being one. And further saying that I am a pedophile supporter when it has not been established that the underlying individual is a pedophile.

It gets even more ridiculous when you suggest that support for due process is one of the most despicable things heard on niketalk.

Given this high-level analysis, I understand why some in here choose to remain in character. Satire is easier than discussion on the merits.
Mueller is a registered republican
Comey was a registered republican
Rosenstein is a registered republican
McCabe was a registered republican
Sessions is a registered republican
Republicans controlled the house at the time the investigation started
Republicans controlled (and still do) the senate at the time the investigation began

What Democratic political motivation are you referring to?

Mueller is a registered republican
Comey was a registered republican
Rosenstein is a registered republican
McCabe was a registered republican
Sessions is a registered republican
Republicans controlled the house at the time the investigation started
Republicans controlled (and still do) the senate at the time the investigation began

What Democratic political motivation are you referring to?

Did I mention Democratic political motivation??? :nerd:

It's a matter of sharing an opinion. It's kinda like you're saying when you share an opinion it's different than when others do.

I don't recall reading someone say that supporting due process is despicable. Perhaps you can link me to that post?

Define sour grapes :nerd:

I believe the phrase dates back to one of aesop's fables, "The fox and the grapes." It is a story of a hungry fox that could not reach a grape vine despite trying with all of his strength. After failing, the fox remarked that they were sour grapes anyway. The takeaway from the fable is that people who speak disparagingly of things that they cannot attain should think back to the fox. I used it to describe a group of people that speak disparagingly towards Trump and the election because they lost. He offended high-level democrats and republicans alike during his campaign. And he continues to do so.

It's a matter of sharing an opinion. It's kinda like you're saying when you share an opinion it's different than when others do.

I don't recall reading someone say that supporting due process is despicable. Perhaps you can link me to that post?

I take no issue with the sharing of opinions. Is it your opinion that the posters are saying that Roy Moore is a pedophile in their opinion? Because I did not take that as an opinion and more as a factual account.

Again, opinions are welcome. I don't block them.

Back
Top Bottom