***Official Political Discussion Thread***

i feel like this is all going to favor trump heavy.
I don't see how. We weren't able to enact any sort of significant change after fighting the Irawi and Afghan trolls, but Trump is somehow going to benefit from fighting the Iranian troll master, which controls local militia groups, has a standing army, and is backed by Russia?

Maybe it will boost his popularity in the short term, but if the Iranians bait us into yet another invasion, that will change when the caskets start coming back.

I don't see how. We weren't able to enact any sort of significant change after fighting the Irawi and Afghan trolls, but Trump is somehow going to benefit from fighting the Iranian troll master, which controls local militia groups, has a standing army, and is backed by Russia?

Maybe it will boost his popularity in the short term, but if the Iranians bait us into yet another invasion, that will change when the caskets start coming back.

maan we all know that, but this country has been on a run (of full on stupid) lately so it pains me to believe that this will benefit him. especially in the short term (elections). "well, he was a bad guy" is not something i wanna hear from people on the left in particular. i'll be happy when corey booker drops out

Last edited:
Obama's foreign policy legacy has rightfully gotten a lot of criticism since he left office. I am no fan of many of his decisions but I always tell my friends who are harsher critics of him that they are wilding by saying he was as bad as Bush and the right. It is almost like people forget just how next level trash the GOP is with foreign policy

And like always, whenever it seems like someone is labeling liberals just as bad as conservatives. Conservatives tell the nation to hold their beer, do some next level buffoonery, then turns to the left like...

Last edited:
maan we all know that, but this country has been on a run (of full on stupid) lately so it pains me to believe that this will benefit him. especially in the short term (elections). "well, he was a bad guy" is not something i wanna hear from people on the left in particular. i'll be happy when corey booker drops out
Short term?

Famb the election is in November. People are not gonna remember this unless it becomes a cluster****

i don't know. while americans do have short term memory, i think you're underestimating the impact of this action and how quickly november will come around. chances are most likely that it does turn into a mess and people will still rally, supported by the usual players (media, career politicians, etc)

i don't know. while americans do have short term memory, i think you're underestimating the impact of this action and how quickly november will come around. chances are most likely that it does turn into a mess and people will still rally, supported by the usual players (media, career politicians, etc)
Famb, your analysis is really not that compelling.

No liberal will vote for Trump over this.

And a geopolitical move in January, by itself, will not swag swing voters,and lock them in.

Unless this gets much more serious and become a dominant story, it won't affect the election.

I really just think some people are forever in chicken little mode thinking any and everything will lock up a Trump relection.

I mean..yall were real confident that Trump would never get elected in the first place. I'm not counting anything out

I mean..yall were real confident that Trump would never get elected in the first place. I'm not counting anything out
Dudes really think the "anything can happen" analysis is some deep take. People didn't act like it was not possible, people were acting like it was highly unlikely.

Hillary was polling above the polling error right before the election, which pretty much means Trump had no path. The Comey letter and the coverage after that moved polling within thr polling error and the stars aligned for him by a razor thin margin in three states.

So excuse people for not saying "hey a last minute surprise and irresponsible coverage of said event will swing the election" and acting like that is some sort of likely event.

So yes Trump can win because anything can happen. But that adds zero validity to the argument that this by itself some how swings things his way. Good Grief

Dudes really think the "anything can happen" analysis is some deep take. People didn't act like it was not possible, people were acting like it was highly unlikely.

Hillary was polling above the polling error right before the election, which pretty much means Trump had no path. The Comey letter and the coverage after that moved polling within thr polling error and the stars aligned for him by a razor thin margin in three states.

So excuse people for not saying "hey a last minute surprise and irresponsible coverage of said event will swing the election" and acting like that is some sort of likely event.

So yes Trump can win because anything can happen. But that adds zero validity to the argument that this by itself some how swings things his way. Good Grief

Yea ok. How them burgers looking?

i didn't claim liberals would vote for him, but hearing even a bit of support from any "liberal" over this action (while at the same time chastising it) feels wrong to me.

it is enough to turn many centrists into supporters of his which snowballs into a larger support base for this cretin aided and abetted by the usual powers that be. a war with iran will definitely consolidate some support for him, especially if it goes bad. people love to rally and wave those flags in times of stress.

remember how people were in chicken little mode thinking any and everything would lock up trump? like put him in jail? "oh this is the one. we really got him this time!" ??? he's still president

i didn't claim liberals would vote for him, but hearing even a bit of support from any "liberal" over this action feels wrong to me.

it is enough to turn many centrists into supporters of his which snowballs into a larger support base for this cretin aided and abetted by the usual powers that be. a war with iran will definitely consolidate some support for him, especially if it goes bad. people love to rally and wave those flags in times of stress.

remember how people were in chicken little mode thinking any and everything would lock up trump? like put him in jail? "oh this is the one. we really got him this time!" ??? he's still president

The fact that this dude had a full 4 year term of blatant corruption before being impeached and still won't be removed when he never should've been elected in the first place and yet people still have faith in this 'democracy'. **** is jokes

i didn't claim liberals would vote for him, but hearing even a bit of support from any "liberal" over this action (while at the same time chastising it) feels wrong to me.

Because nobody would have thought that his co-conspirators would be sitting comfortably in Congress.

A war with Iran will NOT consolidate support for him, especially if it goes bad. And, It WILL go bad. Don't take it from me, take it from the warmongering GOP analysts who know that Iran's geography, level of preparedness, and reach are nothing like Iraq's.

Iraqi/Afghan covert agencies weren't out there plotting assassinations in freaking Argentina or Nigeria.

Who the hell on the left ever claimed anything would put Trump in jail. I know you damn sure not talking about anyone in here.

Nearly everyone in here has conceded he would not even get convicted if impeached. So with all due respect, seems like you are making this up.

Secondly, unless this escalates and Trump has a major geopolitical win from this, an assassination of a foreign figure that most Americans don't even know will not consolidate any new support for him at the ballot. Especially this far out. I mean you analysis seems to imply that liberals would somehow legitimize his buffoonery like they did with Iraq. If a cluster**** happens, I fail to see how this is a positive thing for him on the scale that will had him reelection.

White centrist swing voters, are gonna make the same choice they always do, decide on what they identify with strongest come election time. A worker or a white person.

I mean escalating things were Iran was such a slam dunk, I wonder why Trump tried to bribe Ukraine to get a scandal on Biden.

Last edited:
The fact that this dude had a full 4 year term of blatant corruption before being impeached and still won't be removed when he never should've been elected in the first place and yet people still have faith in this 'democracy'. **** is jokes
You're just making hot takes about **** no one actually said.

-Btw, under around 3 years now equals a full 4 year term. You copped one of Ninja's calendars?

Last edited:
"World War 3" is trending on Twitter.

Glad a shadow invasion of a US Embassy is on par with 2400 Americans being killed at a naval base.

rusty you're being a bit condescending. you should work on that

seems some people here have a lot more faith in this system and american public than what either of those entities have shown me recently

rusty you're being a bit condescending. you should work on that
So now the issue is my tone?

Famb, spare me.

And to be honest it is frustrating when someone simply points out your argument doesn't make much sense now turns into people having faith in the system or American public. You are arguing one foreign killing of a relatively unknown person 10 months before an election will lock in enough support for Trump to win the general. Pushback to that is because it sounds like a reach, it has little to do with faith in the system or American public. To assert that is just pushing a strawman

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom