***Official Political Discussion Thread***

My god it’s been like three years of Mr. Walk trolling. This man acts aloof on purpose and you guys eat it up every time. Dude just comes in to be the devils advocate. Every time I come in this thread I’m hoping for actual discussion but instead it’s the dwalks monologues being critiqued by yall. Y’all know he’s gonna take hot takes and not budge.

To what extent? I will use 2 scenarios as an example, based on the North Carolina Voter ID case.
In one case the intent is racially motivated, in the other case the intent is political. The result in both cases, namely the targeted supprression of black votes, is identical.

Scenario A: The state legislature gathers key data on African-Americans in advance to tailor their new voter ID law to "target African-Americans with almost surgical precision."
The legislators did so because they held racist views and thus preferred a time when only whites were allowed to vote.

Scenario B: The state legislature gathers key data on African-Americans in advance to tailor their new voter ID law to "target African-Americans with almost surgical precision."
The legislators did so because African-Americans largely vote Democratic, and thus sought to prevent them from voting for that reason.

Both A and B are wrong, imo. And A is disgusting.

Take a look at scenario C, below, which better describes intent vs. impact. In this case the intent is neither racial or political.

Scenario C:

The state legislature gathers key data on voter fraud in advance to tailor their new voter ID law to "prevent voter fraud with almost surgical precision."
The legislature did so to prevent voter fraud.

Is scenario C racist against black people to you?

Both A and B are wrong, imo. And A is disgusting.

Take a look at scenario C, below, which better describes intent vs. impact. In this case the intent is neither racial or political.

Scenario C:

The state legislature gathers key data on voter fraud in advance to tailor their new voter ID law to "prevent voter fraud with almost surgical precision."
The legislature did so to prevent voter fraud.

Is scenario C racist against black people to you?
Preventing voter fraud, an almost non-existant crime, is the 'official' Republican justification for all voter ID laws, including the one ruled unconstitutional because it "targeted African-Americans with surgical precision."

So the answer is again, depends on how it is applied. In any case, the extent of voter suppression far outweighs the negligible threat posed by voter fraud.

I said that I am against voter suppression, period, no matter who is doing.

Guess you avoided that post by me.
The emphasis of my comment was on Republicans doing the suppressing.
Obviously, you have the GOP version of the Trump's Putin disorder: you seem unable to properly assign blame where it belongs.

Biblethumpers almost got that bull**** off...
Who needs evidence when da holy spirit tells you whether or not someone is innocent or guilty.

Almost every or any post Ive read from the guy pertaining to politics, he just sounds like its something he is unaware of. Reminds me of a white woman, Kristy Swanson, who said in her 50 years she never grew up in a racist environment.
:lol: Bologna.

1578629131157.jpeg

1578629165488.jpeg

1578629210504.jpeg

You, rex, Belgium and at times even Rusty do this. That is far from the majority.

I have also gone in depth about several topics and if there is any particular topic that you want my opinion/stance on then I will gladly engage in a substantive manner.

As you know, the majority of the time that I am tagged is not in any meaningful/substantive way. It is--instead--mostly jabs, slights, and half-baked attempts at mocking.

Is there a particular issue you would like to have a substantive discussion about?
I've had extended discussions with others in here as well, though I agree these exchanges aren't the norm. Most of the thread is just people posting and reacting to political events in the news. It is what it is.

As far as people tagging you mockingly in posts, a year or so of persistent trolling can seemingly have that kind of effect on some folks. Whatever good faith folks had in discussing things with you mostly evaporated months ago, though I'm always surprised to see folks take the bait and do it time and again. Speaking of which, here I am :lol:

:lol: at trying to rehash the NT version of "but her emails" ("but the coal gang....").... nobody's fooled.

anyway, after our Great and Fearless President told us that we had intelligence of an imminent attack being planned by Soleimani, we get Pompeo now saying we did not have any specific knowledge of such an attack:

"We don't know when or where, but it was real dammit!"

source.gif

Back
Top Bottom